Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Sonam Kapoor creating awareness about breast cancer

Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor is currently supporting the cause of creating awareness about breast cancer and the actress is urging her friends and fans to show their support as well.

October is the month picked to promote awareness about breast cancer worldwide and Sonam definitely wants to do her bit all through this month. She has joined hands with a Cancer Foundation to do the same.

A Source said to DNA, "Sonam is a fashionista. So she's urging everyone she knows to wear pink when they step out on October 21. It will be a small gesture but at least it's a step forward. The most important thing that Sonam realised was that most people are still unaware of the seriousness of the disease and think that it can't affect them."

The actress is urging not only women but also men and children to wear pink on the designated day, because she believes that when one person in a family is affected by cancer, it takes a toll on the entire family.
jaanlover thumbnail
Sonam Kapoor: Hotter Than the Hottest Kingfisher Calender Girls

October 15, 2011, (Sawf News) - Standing amidst 15 scorching, scantily clad models, Sonam Kapoor easily stole their thunder at the Kingfisher Calendar Girl Hunt presser in Mumbai on Thursday, October 13.
Sonam scorched the ramp dressed in a figure hugging black Zara number, flashing her toned legs through the gown's thigh high slits that balanced the concealing full sleeves. She chose matching black accessories: bold ankle strap Burberry heels and a glossy Mango box clutch. She accentuated the gothic look, painting her nails black. Centre parted and slick, her hair was pulled back in a tight bun for a no-nonsense look.

Dark eye makeup with lots of smoky eye shadow and mascara made her look ultra glam, although she toned down the rest of the face, with dewy pink blush and rose pink glossy lips.

The highlight was a bold statement necklace by jewelry designer and Sonam's mother Sunita A Kapoor that the 26-year-old Mausam star carried off with tremendous ease and confidence. The sharp yet exquisite piece of jewelry smacked of Greek goddess opulence. Sonam walked the ramp with elan and interacted excitedly with the contestants, judges and mediapersons. Kingfisher head honcho, the ever exuberant Vijay Mallya, has roped in ace photographer Atul Kasbekar, India's hottest male model Milind Soman, and renowned face on the ramp, Ujjwala Raut, to hunt for the hottest calender girl in a reality TV series that promises to be a drool fest. The series goes on air on October 17. Let the battle of the bikinis begin! Dark eye makeup with lots of smoky eye shadow and mascara made her look ultra glam, although she toned down the rest of the face, with dewy pink blush and rose pink glossy lips.

The highlight was a bold statement neckpiece that Sonam carried off with tremendous ease and confidence. The sharp yet exquisite piece of jewelery rendered her a Greek goddess opulence.

Sonam walked the ramp with elan and interacted excitedly with the contestants, judges and media persons. The king of exuberance Vijay Mallya ropes in ace photographer Atul Kasbekar, India's hottest male model Milind Soman and renowned face on the ramp Ujjwala Raut come together to hunt for the hottest calender girl in the country in one of the most exiting reality shows!

With the show going on air on 17th October, the battle of the bikinis is all set to begin!

khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Feel Free To Use

Shanam

jaanlover thumbnail
Thanks for the beautiful creations...they are gorgous!!
jaanlover thumbnail

SONAM at the Launch of Spice Mobiles

jaanlover thumbnail

Sonam Kapoor is Mohit Suri's chosen one

Mumbai Mirror | Oct 20, 2011, 11.03AM IST
Moving out of the Bhatt camp, Mohit Suri has signed Sonam Kapoor as the leading lady in his next venture to go on floors early next year. Sonam will be pairing up with her Delhi 6 co-star Abhishek Bachchan in the film.

A source informed Mumbai Mirror, "Mohit approached Sonam for the film. She loved the script. The story is about four friends and is semi-autobiographic for Suri.

Sonam will be signing the dotted lines shortly. Interestingly, this will be Sonam's third project with Abhishek after Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi 6 and Abbas Mustan's Players."

Mohit Suri had earlier revealed that he will be starting his next project with Abhishek Bachchan and Fardeen Khan. "I am looking for two more boys. I have been speaking to Tips for a long time. this will be my first outside the Vishesh Films banner," Suri had said.

Mohit Suri and Sonam Kapoor remained unavailable for comments.
jaanlover thumbnail

jaanlover thumbnail

Drama Queen

Pooja Thanawala
     print      T+   T+     T-
PTI Sonam Kapoor

Chat Face-to-face with Sonam

Sonam Kapoor talks about her obsession with gadgets, her views on The Dirty Picture, her tweeting about Arjun Kapoor. Excerpts:

You recently tweeted about your cousin Arjun Kapoor (Boney and Mona Kapoor's son) entering the film industry.

I am really excited. He is more than a brother and I love him so much. I am sure he is going to be the biggest star of this country.

Ranbir Kapoor recently said you are a true drama queen. What do you say about it?

I am an actor; I have to be a drama queen. I have been spoilt rotten. I do a lot of drama. The biggest stars, most of them, always did a lot of drama.

When did you get your first mobile phone?

I got my first cell phone when I was 17 — not that long ago. I was studying at a boarding school in Singapore; my mother wanted to keep in touch with me, so she gave me a mobile phone. Nowadays, children get mobile phones when they are seven and eight.

Who is your 4 a.m. friend?

I talk to my sister the most. I call her even when she is in the next room.

You have replaced Priyanka Chopra and Katrina who were initially finalised to endorse a mobile connectivity brand.

I got the offer to be the brand ambassador and I took it up. I might have been chosen because I am seen around these days, my movies are out and I am known. The similarity between my brand and me is just like me, my brand is vivid, colourful and constantly changing.

How gadget-friendly are you?

I am obsessed with gadgets. I go through each and every feature of my phone as soon as I get a new one. I am part of this generation and my phone helps me stay connected.

Which is the gadget you cannot do without?

My hair dryer.

Have you seen the The Dirty Picture trailer? Can you imagine anybody else playing Silk Smitha?

Yes, I have seen the trailers. I am a huge Vidya Balan fan. She is stunning. Only she can carry off a role like this. She is sexy and classy at the same time.

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Made a Sonam siggy:

Please comment in my shop: 

jaanlover thumbnail
New stills from Players

Edited by jaanlover - 12 years ago