*- Stunning Sonam Kapoor FanClub-* - Page 45

Posted: 12 years ago

'Style' Statement: 'Only Priyanka and Sonam have Fashion Sense'

Mumbai, Oct 11: Bollywood beauty Kangana Ranaut, known for her stylish sense of dressing, made yet another 'style statement' when, after walking the ramp for designer Shantanu Goenka at WIlls Lifestyle India Fashion Week on Monday October 10, she said that Bollywood lacks style, with the only exception being Sonam Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra.

Perhaps, Kangana Ranaut's unique sense of style prompted her to make the bold statement.

Kangana left a lasting impression at the fashion show, which invited much appreciation from Shantanu. An impressed Shantanu said, "Kangana completely justified the theme."

Despite the box office failure of 'Rascals', she is not too disappointed, but is already looking forward to the sequel of her movie 'Tanu Weds Manu' and 'Ishqiya'.

Sonam Kapoor wants to sizzle

From Saawariya to Delhi 6 and Mausam, Sonam Kapoor has always been seen as a demure beauty.

Even when she showcased her glamorous avatar in Aisha and I Hate Luv Storys, there was something endearingly simple about Sonam. However, don't be too shocked if you see a hotter, sexier Sonam in her next onscreen outing.

"I can't help it if people see me in a serious light," says Sonam, admitting that she is trying to let go of her demure avatar. "I don't intentionally go around looking for movie roles that project me in a certain way."

Whether it is her choice of films that is responsible or her own beautiful, but not-so-spicy persona, Sonam does seem to have a plan in place to change perceptions. "I want to do commercial films and item numbers… unfortunately, no one has offered me that kind of role yet," she rues.

Industry insiders say that Sonam may well have to up her ante if she hopes to catch up with the likes of Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor, who are noted for "putting the o" in oomph.

"Sonam is extremely beautiful and stylish, but she needs to work on developing that X factor," says a veteran trade analyst. "She was banking on Mausam to take her career to a whole new level, so it was a huge blow when it tanked. Now she needs to rework her strategy if she wants to do well."

Anil Kapoor & Sonam Kapoor, to endorse EMGEE Group's Real Estate projects 

The internationally renowned and most celebrated Bollywood father-daughter duo, Mr. Anil and Ms. Sonam Kapoor, have been announced as the Brand Ambassadors for EMGEE Group, a leading global real estate developer, synonymous with luxurious living.

With over four decades of experience in carving out the most coveted and desirable residences across India, the EMGEE Group are now presenting their luxurious habitats to a wider audience with opulent projects planned in Spain, Eastern Europe and other international territories. The brand's European operations will be headquartered in London with representative offices across the continent to market their Indian and global projects, driven by a team of informed and experienced talent.

To convey EMGEE Group's unique philosophy of discerning living requires a deep commitment to perfection and only pioneers, who reflect the EMGEE Group's tenets of achievement, style and recognition can transmit this vision. The EMGEE GROUP is pleased to have Anil and Sonam Kapoor as Brand Ambassadors, who with their unique style and talent are now entrusted with expressing the values and presenting the inspired creations of the EMGEE GROUP to greater heights.

Luminary and Bollywood veteran Anil Kapoor, who continues to pave his wave across the international mainstream cinema following projects such as Slumdog Millionaire, 24, Cities and Mission Impossible IV, commented on his association with the group - "After decades in the film industry, this is only my second endorsement. Being a celebrity I have a moral responsibility to what I represent and would only support a company or brand that shares the unique values which I believe in. EMGEE Group's large team of passion driven individuals knitted together by the desire to help build people's aspirations, exemplified by their tagline "We House Your Dreams", have accomplished commendable accolades with unsurpassed finesse. This central philosophy encompassing passion, quality, integrity and transparency forms the pillar of my family too and thus my daughter Sonam and I are delighted to partner in their progress".

Bollywood diva, youth fashion icon, and L'Oreal Paris Ambassador, Sonam Kapoor commented, "What I love about the designs and architecture of EMGEE Group are that they craft dramatically innovative homes in energy packed sustainable spaces with unparalleled comforts. "Anantam" – their luxury villas and apartments at Dona Paula in Goa – are a case in point where sculptural finesse in concrete is adorned in the infinite beauty of nature.EMGEE Group's endeavour in spearheading several trailblazing initiatives including the green revolution, elegant juxtaposing of enviable contemporary design concepts with untamed nature is what sets them apart and is a close replica of my own persona."

EMGEE Group was founded by its CMD Mr. Mudhit Gupta, who is powered by his passion to house people's dreams and providing them with unrivalled lifestyles through the homes they live in. In speaking about the association with the Anil and Sonam Kapoor, Mr. Mudhit Gupta comments: "EMGEE Group's foundation is built on the principles of Quality, Delivery, Integrity, Eco-Friendliness and Innovation. We strive to offer unrivaled lifestyle living at exotic locations in India and Europe. Anil and Sonam Kapoor are a perfect fit as Brand Ambassadors as they epitomize family values. Today, Anil is not only a Bollywood star but also an international actor of great repute with his work in Hollywood being highly appreciated by one and all. Sonam is reckoned as a youth icon in the country defining true elegance and style at a young age, symbolizing qualities that EMGEE Group stands for and our association with them will help us scale new heights by strengthening our bond with our target audience."

EMGEE Group is ably aided by the exceptional proficiency of the internationally-acclaimed and award-winning architect Sanjay Puri, who has a longstanding relationship with the Group and has always played a pivotal role in all of their projects. Very recently, Sanjay emerged as the winner of the prestigious Dubai Cityscape Architecture Emerging Markets 2011 Award in the category of Tourism, Travel & Transport-Future, and received a high commendation for Dubai Cityscape Architecture Emerging Markets 2011 Tourism, Travel & Transport-Built Award. Sanjay is the only architect to have won commendation awards in 3 categories simultaneously at MIPIM Architectural Review Future Projects Awards at Cannes, France in 2011. Along with 16 international awards and 54 national awards, including CW India's Top Ten Architects Award for 6 years, Sanjay Puri's projects have been extensively featured in a host of national and international publications. Sanjay has been a speaker at many conventions and institutions all over the world and is the only Indian architect to have been included in the judging panel at the World Architecture Festival 2010, Barcelona amongst 70 international judges.EMGEE Group's long standing association with Sanjay has not only enabled them to carve a personalised niche within the Indian perimeters but is also helping in creating ripples on foreign shores.

EMGEE Group's philosophy is conservation of energy and ethical ecology and the Group focuses on initiating projects of rain-water harvesting in India which have been acclaimed with the prestigious Platinum Certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) from the non-profit organisation "The United States Green Building Council".

I make sure that Sundays are fun days: Sonam Kapoor

It's been a while since actress Sonam Kapoor's been able to "enjoy the luxury of a Sunday" thanks to her gruelling promotional activities prior to her recent release and equally hectic shooting schedules before that. But the young star reveals that whenever she does have her Sundays, she makes sure that they are extra special days.

"I make sure that Sundays are fun days," she exclaims. "I just do everything that I don't get the time to do on a regular basis, and that includes going out with friends, curling up with books in bed, watching movies or simply going to some weekend getaway," says Sonam.

"You know as actors we hardly get our Sundays off, so these days that are usually so taken for granted become that much more special for us. All through the week, we hardly get time to spend on your self or pursue any hobby. So, in that one day, there's so much catching up to do," shares Sonam.

"In between all that there's also family time that I try to squeeze out. This is also something that I look forward to. Even as kids, mum would make sure that Sundays are our crazy days, when we'd go out for picnics and catch up with cousins and all."

Sonam says that even if it's not going out with friends or family, she enjoys time with herself. "Getting up late, a lazy brunch, then staying in bed curled up with an interesting book, and then in the evening stepping out for a long drive or movie is fun too. But nowadays, I think we spent half our lives in traveling alone, considering we are stuck in traffic forever, so long drives are not something that excite too much unless it's driving out of town ofcourse," she laughs. "I am not too much of a party animal, but I like friendly get-togethers with my friends, so if need be, I try to pack that in too."

But the actress says that there are days when she doesn't like to do anything at all. "I won't mind spending the entire day in bed sleeping, if I'd had a rather hectic week too," says Sonam.

A little known fact that Sonam also reveals about herself is that she bakes and thinks that it's a great way to unwind. "Yes I love baking and am pretty good at it too," she smiles.

"For me, it's something that helps me de-stress and it's something that I enjoy a lot,"she says, adding, "Cakes are a specialty and I also experiment a lot with cupcakes and the other goodies." Among other things, Sonam's also a good cook. "Oh I can put together things, but I'm more of a baker than a cook," she smiles.

Sonam Kapoor says that let's pray for Jagjit uncle

On Saturday afternoon there was a rumour that Jagjit Singh who is one of the famous ghazal singer has passed away and I was totally upset with the rumors.

She said that Jagjit uncle is in critical condition and he is now in ICU please guys don't make an issue that he has passed away, he is only in up normal condition so, let's pray for his recovery. Please don't write any news in hurry. This not a good habit and u have to verify the news before u publish.

Hospital authorities said to the press that he was stable and yet in the critical condition. Friends and family of the singer are refusing to give any comments about his health.

Anyway without any suggestion you should not give any of the news because it may sometimes differs, and make sure of the news before you want it to publish and also she said she was totally upset by the rumors given by you that the singer has passed away on Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the beautiful siggies!!
They are gorgous...I really love it.

Sonam at the IMC Womens Entrepreneurs event