Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Presenting you the Discussion of the Week !!! Well as you know earlier the forums used to have this DOTW topic every week !!! So lets have it started again !!!! Well every Monday one of us-Me,Somu05,Shagnika,will open this thread and will give you the topic of discussion !! Based on that some question to which you all will answer giving your views !!! So here's the DOTW till the Sunday of this week !!!

Well the topic of discussion for this week is the standard of Villains in CID !!! As we all know a villain has an as equally important role in making a case interesting as our cops do !!! Unless we have good and witty criminal we wouldn't enjoy the cops getting hold of him but we have recently seen that there has been a downfall in the standard of criminals.These days we see some 40 year old lady doing murders and some times mutilating the bodies and the reason behind the murder is quite illogical !!! We also had an International Don as the culprit but again he left us disappointed !! It's high time the creative team pays attention to the criminals as well !!

so here are the questions about which we want you to think and post your views !!

Q1)
What is your view in this topic? Where do you think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains.

Q2) Do you think have gone from bad to worse as far as Villains in CID are concerned ??

Q3) What impression did the promo give you of HD ?? Did HD live upto your expectations ??

Q4) What about Criminals during normal cases, how do you think they are being characterized ??

5) Who has been the best and worst Villain in CID so far and why? Which actor rose above the script and created a better Villain purely on performance?

Get thinking and post your views !!! Add examples with your personal point of view if you wish Big smile

Important Note :- Friends this DOTW will be opened every week by one of us!! I request you all not to open any separate threads regarding this !!! Only 1 DOTW every week !!! This DOTW involves AC series and this week's episodes !!! Another thing is if you have any suggestions regarding topics and question for present and future threads please feel free to PM me or Somu !!!

Edited by Bhavanab - 25 October 2010 at 6:28am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

somu_05DemonStardr.fahmisneh.Princess13.sunnyp1414prabha.ShagnikaAditi_97suhani.cipamisaAmbrosiavisromdebayonChiinnumonika21

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "[D.O.T.W] 25-Oct-2010 to 30-Oct-2010 WEEK" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Khula_Saand

IF-Rockerz

Khula_Saand

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 7:49am | IP Logged
You need an answer ? Or that's an explanation about the thread !

dr.fahmi

Goldie

dr.fahmi

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Q1) What is your view in this topic? Where do you think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains.
well its definitely one of the main issues troubling CIDians these days. but again the reason is well known bi-weekly format, weak script, poor direction trying maximum to focus on the culprit and same set of side actors.

Q2) Do you think have gone from bad to worse as far as Villains in CID are concerned ??
being a biweekly show, with no new, interesting cases in hand, they need at least 2 villains every week. they must be having trouble with the side actors selection, and thus they keep on repeating villians which is getting this worst.

Q3) What impression did the promo give you of HD ?? Did HD live upto your expectations ??
i read spoiler before AC finale and it was said that there will be a "Super Don who has this uncanny knack of changing his look, voice and even his walking style" and thats what i expected after watching promo and episodes upto AC8 but after watching HD i wanted towhat was that!!!

Q4) What about Criminals during normal cases, how do you think they are being characterized ??
the worst thing now a days is that they keep focusing on the criminal from his/her first entry scene, so nothing is left as suspense. i was pretty bad in guessing criminals in past, but  now its simply the camera work which points out the culprit even before first half is over, just look at subway murder case.Dead

5) Who has been the best and worst Villain in CID so far and why? Which actor rose above the script and created a better Villain purely on performance?
for worst villain international don gave tough competition to the don of final revenge IMOLOL cant choose any one
and the best ones i can recall were Rockey(aditiya sir) in behropiya and nakul (ACP sir's son) in face off and trail in London. both of them portrayed their role really well. their evil smile and style of dialogue delivery was just awesome. it is said the best actor as a villain is one who forces the viewer to develop hatered towards him/herself and they both were successful in doing so.ClapClapClap
Clap

Edited by dr.fahmi - 25 October 2010 at 10:59am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

somu_05auntyno1DemonStarsneh.sunnyp1414suhani.cipamisaprabha.debayonmonika21-Twinkles-m_kal2011ChillMaarYaar

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Lovely post @dr.fahmi I will post mine tomorrow.

I want Bhavana, Somu and Shagnika to participate as well, just cause you start the thread does not mean you do not participate.

Edited by prabha. - 25 October 2010 at 11:20am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

somu_05dr.fahmiShagnikaAditi_97suhani.cipamisa

sneh.

Goldie

sneh.

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Wonderful topic Bhavs, But I want some time to reply at this, the topic is really innovative and dr.fahmi wonderful description. 

somu_05

somu_05

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 11:46am | IP Logged
@prabha di... yeahh sure...!! [:p]

Ok Firstlyy.. a lotof truth lies in the statement... that a Villian has a great role in The Quality of the show...!and there have been numerous proofs supporting my point..!! anywayzz...

Q1) What is your view in this topic? Where do you think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains.

Definitely there was a time when we got such perfect villians.. who knew thier job so well.. and made us hate themm for the role they played.. yet we appreciated how they played the role..!! and with Current examples like HD,... i am speecheless..!!

Well.... it keeps on alternating... But yess... the quality and perfectionism in the villians has been deteriorating since quite some time...!
Q3) What impression did the promo give you of HD ?? Did HD live upto your expectations ??

Dont ask .... The promo sketched a Villian who was full of dignity.. and firmness in his mind...!! Who knew what he was doing and why he was doing..? And the way they Showed MM being HD.. sorry to say.....Pathetic 

its... a confusing question....... sometimes we get good Crimnals mostly we are dissapoointed....!! 

well... Nakul was there... Great villian..!! I even liked Shahbaaz Khan as a villian..!! Great perfectionism...!! and not to forget....Our dear "Aditya Srivastav" sir as "ROCKY"...!!

will post more on it soon..!! Wink

Edited by somu_05 - 26 October 2010 at 12:06am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmisunnyp1414Shagnikaprabha.debayonmonika21

m_kal2011

IF-Sizzlerz

m_kal2011

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Q1) What is your view in this topic? Where do you think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains.

Standard of Villain. Well a good detective /crime story certainly needs a solid villain committing crimes with some genuine motives. I simply don't forget the villain Maganlal Meghraj in two Feluda stories  Jay Baba Felunath and Kissa Kathmandu me.I do think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains. They are presenting some jokers in the name of villains. Reasons may be many bi-weekly format, poor story etc etc, those we have discussed so many times her
e in this forum.

Yes, as far as villains are concerned they have gone bad to worse. Reasons are the same. They are struggling to make 8 good episodes every month.

It was  totally a misleading promo. After watching it I felt that we would get a good villain who would put CID in real trouble. But what we got in reality? A sub standard villain with no solid motive. Till date we do not have any answer why he was kidnapping CID officers and killing his own men.

In the bi-weekly episodes also they are producing worst kind of villains. In some recent episodes it is very easy to guess the villains from the beginning and it destroys the suspense of a crime story.

Worst villain is undoubtedly the so called "International Don" in the history of CID.
And now best villain. Since I have missed CID in the middle for few years so my choice is limited. At this moment while writing this the picture of best villain which came into my mind is of Rocky in Behrupiya. The story had many loopholes but still I like the way the character was portrayed and needless to say that Aditya Srivastav did an excellent job.

Edited by m_kal2011 - 25 October 2010 at 12:07pm

DemonStardr.fahmiShagnikaprabha.debayonChiinnu

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhavanab

Q1)
What is your view in this topic? Where do you think FW is faltering in giving us solid villains.

FW is doing a lot of things wrong, and one of them is obviously the villians, and it's either the quality of acting or the direction of the villains. As recently seen in AC, Harpees Dungaru(before MM was introduced) had a very solid tone, a very dominating and commandering attitude, who would take know faults whatsoever in his plans, very intent on taking revenge upon the CID team. In the series finale, when MM was introduced, one question kept coming to my mind: How can FW transition the tone of the criminal? I mean MM Sir was a complete contrast to what we had heard, he spoke tapori, was not as polished as heard, did not look or sound as cunning as portrayed in the previous episodes, etc. I must say MM Sir is a great, great option for a villain, his roles in movies like Kaante are mindblowing, much better than many of the actors in that role, but he did not fit in in this role at all! Why? Well, because lackdaisical FW signed him up midway between the series, when the first few episodes had been shot already. They should've kept in mind of someone who would've been consistent with the chracter shown in the other episodes, or maybe asked MM to change his attitude a bit. This lax approach f FW makes me wonder if they are even concerned a tiny bit about the show and it's future, and I'm beginning to doubt that. Throughout the years, they have earned enough money to forget the meaning of hard work, IMO. Money has obliterated the PT completely. And what is more surprising is that even though they have great sponsors like Thums-Up, they still aren't hire solid, professional actors. Before, they used to hire marvelous actors even though they did not have any sponsors.
Far far worse. Worse is an understatement. The villians today fall weak when it comes to previous villains in CID like Milind Gunaji etc
As I said before, some aristocratic, with some high status and connections to prestigious people, had a certain aria to him. Nope, he certainly did not live upto my exceptations completely.
They are worse.They bring shame to the word 'acting'. Enough said.
The best villain IMO has to be Aditya Sir in Stolen Gun(my answer to both the best actor and the second part of this question). The madness in his mannerisms and eyes while plotting revenge, and especially in the beginning when he is in 2 minds, and talking to himself, wow, what genuine expressions, there is no words to express his acting thorughout that episode, and especially when he breaks down at the end. Mindblowing!ClapClapClap The worst villain hmmm, as you know, the recent villains suck big time, starting from about 2008. But the worst criminal in major episodes has to be Prem Chopra Sir, although he is a great actor, I felt he was very stiff and expressionless in the episode that he did. I guess even Rahil Azam also did a great job as a criminal, he had the perfect cunning and smirks that I have seen in the history of CID, the best thing about him was how he thought everything out coolly.

Edited by debayon - 25 October 2010 at 6:53pm

DemonStardr.fahmisunnyp1414Shagnikaprabha.m_kal2011

Post Reply New Post

Go to top