Saas Bina Sasuraal

*||*SBS Articles Archive::NO COMMENTS*||* - Page 3

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Ravi Dubey currently seen as Tej Prakash Chaturvedi in Saas Bina Sasural has lost 15 kgs by following a strict diet. But the problem is that he is finding it difficult to maintain it, given his tendency to gain weight.

So, he has found a new method to keep his health in check by running from pillar to post. He runs daily from his sets in Madh Island to a suburban mall, which is approximately six kilometres away. He feels gymming is fine, but his tight schedule leaves him with no time to hit it, so running is the best way to maintain his weight. He believes in attaining an athletic body and is not obsessed with the idea of having six or eight packs.

He reveals, "I was 80 kgs before and now I am maintaining a healthy 65 kgs now. I have been following my routine for the last three months and the results are encouraging. Being in this profession one has to stay healthy. After all besides acting, good looks sell on TV." Keep running, dude!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ravi-Dubey-loses-it-to-maintain-it/articleshow/8571003.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Malti's entry to clear the cloud for Toasty...

Malti to prove an eye opener for Chaturvedi family in Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasural...

niveditha thumbnail

Ravi Dubey who hails from Delhi and is essaying the role of Tej Prakash Chaturvedi in Saas Bina Sasural on Sony has lost 15kgs by following a strict diet.

But now the problem with Ravi is to maintain this ideal weight as he has a tendency to gain weight.

But losing weight wasn't an easy task for him. Daily from Madh Island set he used to run till the popular Mall of Malad which is nearly six kilometers.

There his driver used to wait with the car. He feels gymming is fine but there is not enough time to hit the gym so running is the best way to maintain your weight. "I feel that running is the best form of exercise.It is my obsession," he says. But with monsoons hitting the city, Ravi is scared of putting on weight again. "I can't run these days as monsoons are here and it rains all the time. As an alternative, I run indoors on the sets or wherever I get space," he adds.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/It-is-bhagam-bhag-for-Ravi/articleshow/8824891.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Kavita Vaid to enter Saas Bina Sasural

Bua in the face of Kavita Vaid enters as a hope to Chaturvedi family in Sony TV's Saas Bina ...

niveditha thumbnail
Ravi Dubey
Ravi Dubey who currently plays the main lead Tej on Saas Bina Sasural on Sony has previously done few shows like Ranbir Rano, Doli Saja Ke Rakhna, Karol Bagh.

He has also done around 40 commercial ads. But not many know that this guy is obsessed with perfection to such an extent that he doesn't mind doing rehersals even 25 times for a scene along with his co-actress Aishwariya Sakuja. Both enact scenes and believe in improvisation.

Ravi confirms, "I feel that the more one rehearses, the more better is the scene outcome, especially if the scene has complex emotions and drama. I love to act and enjoy playing my character. In fact, acting is such an obsession that I can go to any lengths to perfect the scene.

Luckily, I've got good co-stars who are equally enthusiastic about giving their best and don't mind doing rehearsals." Are you saying that we should call you Aamir Khan of television?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ravi-Dubeys-rehearsal-obsession/articleshow/9025175.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Chaturvedi family socializes in Saas Bina Sasural

Toasty will welcome guests at home in Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasuraal

niveditha thumbnail
Tanvi Thakkar to enter Saas Bina Sasuraal

Tanvi Thakkar will enter as Pracheen's love interest in Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasuraal...

niveditha thumbnail
Malti to meet with an accident in Saas Bina Sasural

Sony's Saas Bina Sasural to see its next high point with Malti's accident..

niveditha thumbnail
AISHWARYA SAKHUJA
[08 Aug 2011]

When I was in the 12th standard, there was this pageant that was taking place in Delhi. My dad was completely against me taking part in it, but I fought with him. And after a lot of thought, I somehow managed to go ahead.

"Men Like My Desipana"

With that pretty face, good figure and a million dollar smile, Saas Bina Sasural's Aishwarya Sakhuja has become a highly popular face on Indian television. Her cherubic charm has worked wonders for her character, Tanya, aka Toasty. Still relatively new to the profession, she has managed to strike it big for herself. Yet, Aishwarya is as grounded as can be. Admitting to the fact that success is temporary in the ever booming television industry – the actress has a sensibility and understanding quite atypical of many TV actresses today.

Whether it was taking up a role in an unusual show like Rishta.com, participating in the Miss India contest or doing Saas…, where she plays a character with which she has very little in common, Aishwarya is ready to experiment and explore her abilities without succumbing to the lure of fast money and fame through saas-bahu or bahu-beti extravaganzas.

A self-confessed army brat, acting was a childhood ambition for her. "I have been watching movies since I was three, because my mother is a big Bollywood buff. I was always fascinated by the tube, be it the big screen or the small screen," she pauses, "When I was in the 12th standard, there was this pageant that was taking place in Delhi. My dad was completely against me taking part in it, but I fought with him. And after a lot of thought, I somehow managed to go ahead. The contest had a 14-day grooming period. So I thought, if nothing else, I will at least get groomed and know what this industry is all about. That's how it all began."

As luck would have it, Aishwarya won the competition. "I had no idea that I would end up winning it. After that happened, my father too realized that I really enjoy being in the industry and being in front of the camera, so he let me follow my dream. My parents are okay now and are my biggest support system."

Though she is at a successful position today, she regrets never pursuing her first aspiration. "Leave me in an animal shelter and I can be there for the next 10 years. It's very unfortunate that I didn't really go on to become a veterinarian. Modelling and everything happened very early in my life, just after the 12th standard. So I didn't give myself the opportunity of studying for it. But given a second chance, I think I would finish my studies and then go ahead with modelling," she smiles.

Aishwarya, who was born in Tamil Nadu and completed her education in Delhi, came to Mumbai four years ago. Though her journey hasn't been a cakewalk, she never gave up. "I don't give up easily. I am rather perseverant that way," she states frankly, "When I came here four years ago, I tried my luck in films. But it didn't work out. I could have easily given up, gone back to Delhi and tried something else. But this is where my heart lay, so I stayed here."

But she must have been heartbroken, no? "Well, I was miserable for a year. But I didn't get depressed. I don't allow myself to get into that zone. If I am able to stay in a city like Mumbai, all alone, at such a young age, then I have a lot to be thankful about. So depression doesn't come easily to me. Plus, it has all worked out in the end na, so I am happy," she says gladly.

Not many know that Aishwarya was never keen on doing Saas Bina Sasural – the show that has got her all the fame and success she has today. Ask her about this and she giggles, "When I heard the title, I was extremely skeptical. I'll be honest; I went for the audition because the same production house makes Comedy Circus. And since I was into anchoring, I thought they'd probably meet me and give me an option to anchor the show. I didn't want to do serials. I always had this thing of not doing TV and doing only films," she takes a breather, "But when I heard the script and the characterization, I was immediately convinced. Also, since Sony is a big channel and I was the only girl in the script, I thought that I should give it a shot."

So is the typical saas-bahu stuff a complete no-no for her? "With all due respect to those shows, I don't connect with them. And if I don't connect with them, then there is no way I can do justice to a part. The only reason I took up Saas… was because it was different. I'll do television till the time it's different. I don't want to do run-of-the-mill stuff that every channel has gotten into. But what I don't mind doing on screen is ageing," she reveals, "Tomorrow, if I am told to play a 50-year-old woman and I can relate to her, I would do it. I am sure make-up can do wonders and it can transform me. For me, it's not about being young or old. I am completely okay with these generation leaps till the time I can connect with the character."   

Considering the actress has anchored a few popular reality shows, is she open to doing reality television? "I feel that reality shows are being sold in the most vicious of ways. There's a lot of profanity and vulgarity involved. And I don't feel the need to be a part of such things. I did a very small stint with Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. So I enjoy these talent shows. But I will never do shows that involve nonsense. People generate TRPs out of such nonsense and I think that's very sad," she says disappointed, "Even if the show tests me on the calibre that I have as a human being, I am game. But it should be a decent show that doesn't rip me off for no reason."

Since Aishwarya has become such a rage with her on-screen character Toasty, does she have any similarities with her? "Well, Toasty is quite a freak. She's extremely righteous in her head and extremely sorted too. She knows what she wants. She has a way of putting words and she's extremely smart. But I am a little blunt. I am not able to present the picture the way Toasty does."

In a recently conducted poll, Aishwarya was regarded as one of the sexiest women in India. Ask her how she feels about this and she instantly says, "I don't find myself sexy. It's definitely a compliment. But I associate myself more with being cute. Yes, I am tall and skinny, maybe that's why a lot of people feel I am sexy. But I just think that I am normal. Whenever people call me sexy, I am taken aback."

Despite being one of the hottest girls on Indian television, Aishwarya is single. Or is it that she is too discreet about the men in her life? "A woman is always more interesting with some mystery surrounding her. See, I'll tell you why," she says assertively, "I am not just Aishwarya, I am Aishwarya Sakhuja. So I have my family to answer to. If I do end up naming someone, the other person's family will get involved too. I know it for a fact that when my family is ready to answer to the world and they aren't embarrassed of it or I am not embarrassed of it, I will declare it openly. Plus, I don't think people are that interested in my life at the moment. They have film stars to talk about," she quips.

Point taken. But what kind of a guy would sweep her off her feet? "Superficially speaking, the man shouldn't have body odour and bad breath," she laughs, "On a more serious note, he should be very real. I hate these pseudo guys. My guy should be rooted. Even if he is a paanwala, he should be happy about selling paan. He should be content with himself. He should accept me the way I am and not expect me to change."

If she needs a real man then, what does she think it is about her that turns men on? "I think my desipana is what a man would like in me. I am not someone who wears only Prada or Gucci or Chanel. I can go to Lokhandwala in Mumbai, and pick up a shirt and be proud of it. I still go grocery shopping and I am happy doing that."

It is a common belief that actresses today have a very short shelf-life, when it comes to playing a character of their choice even after a certain age. And Aishwarya couldn't agree more, "I need to give it to the genes of the opposite sex. Women are blessed with a lot of things, but when it comes to being visually appealing even at the age of 45, you need to give yourself that time and put in a lot of effort. Someone like Kajol is still doing films. So I think you can be an exception if you want to be."

She continues in the same tone, "TV is such a booming industry and there are 10 shows being launched on a weekly basis. One show goes and a second one comes in. Earlier, television used to have TV stars like Ronit Roy. Now that has gone and I understand that very well. It's a very humbling experience to be popular and part of this show.

Thankfully, this show has become successful, but this show is not going to go on forever. One or two years down the line, it will come to an end. So I am pretty prepared about the fact that I will have to start looking for work again. Right now, I have become complacent. I don't know what will happen in the future, but it has only been a climb to the top till now. So I am hoping it will continue the same way," Aishwarya concludes on that self-assured and positive note. Well, with her loyalties devoted to Toasty and clan for now, we can only hope for the best for her!  

*Courtesy: Showtime

-- K K Rai

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8356&Itemid=224
niveditha thumbnail
Malti-Pashu reunite in Saas Bina Sasural!

Malti finally joins Chaturvedi family in Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasural...