India-Forums

Congratulations Madhu Balakrishnan & Thanjai Ts (Page 2)

Bonheur Goldie
Bonheur
Bonheur

Posted: 22 October 2010 at 3:29am | IP Logged

Migan, thanks for your post. Yes, I too like the Pichai Pathiram song. Full of emotion.

Yes, Madhu is classically trained -- although he started his classical training in Kerala at an early age, he later studied full-time at a music academy in Chennai for four years.

He had a bit of a pronunciation problem in his earlier Tamil songs -- the Malayalam accent was very apparent. When he speaks, the Malayalam accent is all the more evident -- and quite cute too, especially since he uses more formal Tamil than the colloquial Tamil the Tamil-speaking singers use (I am referring to his remarks in Sangeetha M).

That said, his pronunciation has improved tremendously. The Malayalam accent is less apparent in his latest songs. What I like about his singing is that there is clarity of words; he doesn't swallow his words. He slurs and sings in a huskier or soft tone only in romantic songs. And, I must say he modulates his voice very well and hardly sounds like Madhu, the classical singer, in his romantic songs. In the song "Attrai thingal" (Sivapathigaram), for instance, he sings almost in a whisper.

Edited by Bonheur - 22 October 2010 at 3:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

migan Cool Viewbie
migan
migan

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Hi I saw a little bit of an episode where SMY2 is going to start. The hostess is a different girl not Chinmayee.  I am not sure if they showed who are the singers/Captains.
Bonheur Goldie
Bonheur
Bonheur

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
I saw in another forum a reference to singer Madhumita hosting the next SMY. Obviously Chinmayi had enough of season 1. (Apparently it took 15 hours to record the finals, what with preview interviews with the contestants, the judges, contestants' parents, rehearsals with band, mic rehearsals for studio director, pre-recording of the non-contestants' songs, etc).

It will be great if they bring back Madhu as the judge of the grand finale. But I hope the captains are equally matched in talent and that they give greater focus to nurturing young talents and not just make the show a face-off between captains. Of course, face-offs between captains, especially of the sort that Hindi viewers saw between Shankar M and Shaan, help with ratings Wink

Edited by Bonheur - 25 October 2010 at 9:12pm
migan Cool Viewbie
migan
migan

Posted: 25 October 2010 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I think I saw Madumitha something like that. I have not heard or seen her name before.  Me too hope they pick new faces but talented people to make the program interesting.
Bonheur Goldie
Bonheur
Bonheur

Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Migan, looks like the SMY thread will now be used for a discussion of season 2 and we should be signing off from this thread. But do you think we should open a special thread for Madhu's songs after all? I think there are a few Madhu enthusiasts from season 1. Please PM me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

smlaksh IF-Veteran Member
smlaksh
smlaksh

Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Congrats to Madhu B & his team Clap .. Well deserved victory ..

Can't wait for season 2 .. but will really miss chinmayee Tongue ..

Go to top