Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Nowadays there are test done during your first trimester that show you whether ur fetus is normal or not. In some countries you are given option to abort such fetus if you want to.

Some people think that aborting fetus due to his/her being abnormal is not fair. It is killing a human life. Some would think that it is better not to bring such life who cannot enjoy it. who is totally dependant and might be looked down upon all his life.

what is your take? and why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abnormal Fetus" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
My matter how much i would personally want a child , i will not want to bring an abnormal child in to the cruel world .

Life is way too harsh for a innocent but retarded child to face .Example if he / she has down syndrome or something as bad , its not just tough for that child but many many times worse for the parent to raise a child like that . It makes you want to cry a million times a day .( I am sorry for sounding so emotional )I have had several friends who had a sibling that did not turn normal at all .

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
its better to abort the child rather than giving that child a unhappy life in this world.its better to abort it before coming to the world.... Tongue

mad_cap

IF-Rockerz

mad_cap

Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:48am | IP Logged
If a prenatal screening of the fetus results in a daignosis where the fetus has a serious congenital problem or abnormality that is not compatible with life or could result in high mortality and long term disability of the child to be born, I think it is advisable to have the abortion. I don't think there is any ethical issue being involved here. Nobody would like to have a child born with Down syndrome or spina bifida - both conditions being associated with high mortality and morbidity rates.

ashley1

ashley1

Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
I say ABORT IT. Its better to kill before it takes birth than to kill the innocent life every pal, every minute, every year, & kill him/her his whole life.

sosweet

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 2:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ashley1

I say ABORT IT. Its better to kill before it takes birth than to kill the innocent life every pal, every minute, every year, & kill him/her his whole life.

toooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAngry

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Much as I abhor the idea of aborting an abnormal foetus, I would say that going for an abortion is the best way out.

I have seen how badly an abnormal child effects a relationship. If the abnormality happens after the birth, then we can do nothing. However we can help when it's just a sac of egg.

I have seen an abnormal man die on streets after both his parents died because there was no one to take care of him, and nobody to pay for his medical treatments which he needed to survive. He became a menace and kids were terrified of him as he tended to hit anyone who came near him. It was such a sad situation. He did not have any idea how to deal with anything. His only sister could not look after him as her in laws obviously had no sympathy for him. The neighbours did try to help for a while, but it was of little use.

This happened a long time ago, when I myself was a kid, and it was then I had understood how cruel it is to subject a child to the harsh realities of this life when it is not fully equiped to deal with it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top