Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous

Broken Engagement

dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:19am | IP Logged

Dear Marty,

I have been unable to sleep since I halted your engagement to my daughter.
Will you forgive and forget?

I was much too sensitive about your Mohawk, tattoo and pierced nose. I now realize motorcycles aren't really that dangerous, and I really should not have reacted that way to the fact that you have never held a job.

I am also very sure that some other very nice people live under the bridge in the park. Sure my daughter is only 18 and wants to marry you instead of going to Harvard on full scholarship. After all, you can't learn everything about life from books.

I sometimes forget how backward I can be. I was wrong. I was a fool. I have now come to my senses and you have my full blessing to marry my daughter.

Sincerely, Your future father-in-law.

P.S. Congratulations on winning the lottery!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top