Debate Mansion

Do Aussies have poor sporting spirit? - Page 2

Indradhanush thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Poonia should have focussed on Asiad Games and ignored this banting.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
In the past I used to see the Aussie Hockey team and even the German Teams desperately using all illegal tactics to win.
These days they could have simmered down.
Still Australia a a strong sporting nation and I believe they will keep improving.

Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
personally, i don't think any kind of behavior whether good or bad can / should be attributed to anyone's nationality - since that leads to generalization and hence highly unfair for the other group who may or may not identify with / endorse such behavior

having said that i also agree that racial stereotypes isn't a myth, it does exist and more often than not, it is proved to be true

in case of the land down under, the country seems to be a breeding ground for a set of highly pretentious and pompous individuals in almost every sphere including sports. so yes, whatever the reasons may be, they do come across as sore losers, who not only  can bark but may bite too if and when need be
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

I think if we also lived in a country that had the highest concentration of venomous creatures (and I'm not referring to Ponting's men) in the world then we would also be edgy. Box Jellyfish, blue bottles, taipans, funnel spiders. Heck that country lost a Prime Minister strolling on the beach.

Speaking of Ponting, why does he always spit on his palms? 🤢
Edited by souro - 13 years ago
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: souro

Speaking of Ponting, why does he always spit on his palms? 🤢

Perhaps thats the only way he knows to clean his palms 😆