Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 4:18am | IP Logged
can long distance marriages/relationships really work? does absence make the heart grow fonder or is it a case of out of sight out of mind?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "long distance mariages/relationships" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Me and my then boyfriend( now husband) were away from each other for 3 years . We communicated only through letters and brief phone calls.( that wasn't a popular internet age also then Cry Cry .So no e-mails msn chat , skype etc ) It was tough . Every body around me betted that our relationship will be over within a few months.But we got married .

I think it varies from relationships to relationships. I have most often seen them not last than last .But then again it depends on the two people in the relationship.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 10:03am | IP Logged
i think distance does make the heart go fonder....... Tongue Tongue Tongue although it varies with diff ppl Tongue

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 10:57am | IP Logged
yeah i think it makes the heart grow fonder although some people may just forget them.

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:42am | IP Logged
I think its really hard to have a long distance realtionship. One can make the best out of the situation but that is still a huge sacrifice to make. After all, you want to be together and share the small things every day when its just the both of you.
It's harder still when you have a family to be concerned about or want to start a family? Who take the kids to school, who runs to the hospital when they are sick. Every little thing adds up.
Practical problems arise and keep bobbing their head ever so routinely, its hard to miss them and harder still ot not be irritated and say "bloody hell"

But then these are all things one does in life, if not these kind of problems maybe others, those that happen when you are together.

At the end of all of it, it's the person who makes everything special. If you lose out on the key ingrediant then no amount of catalyzing by being together will help.

Don't give up just because he wants to live on Mars and you want to be on Earth. Go for it, satellite communications shall also happen-

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
True love shall concor all!

If you really love the person, understand the person and most importantly trust the person, then long-distance relationships should work. I think by staying away from the person you care about makes you miss them more and also makes you realize their worth and value. Meaning the more distance (if there is any) makes you realize how much importance that person has in your life and how much you really value them.

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
thanks for u'r responses!

Edited by winnie_pooh - 13 December 2005 at 9:52pm

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
wow such lot of varied view points. rindam..very balanced view! indygirl am glad and happy to hear u made it despite the odds!
but not everyone can manage.... i was shocked to know recently that my friends husband who is in Dubai was living in with a nurse working there and they even had a child... all this while this gentleman still made his once in 2 yrs visits home too! on the other hand my cousin and her hubby have been maintaining a 13yr marriage of which the last 8 yrs they have been apart... and every time they see each other they are like newlyweds.

that was what prompted me to start this topic.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top