Adios Shilpa & KaSh

Posted: 13 years ago

I have a lot to say on Shilpa's final episode in DMG and I have pretty much condensed all my thoughts in one topic. So here goes:

Shilpa's last episode made me realize that she was possibly the most complex and yet also the simplest character in DMG. I know that last sentence was a complete oxymoron but hear me out: she has a lot of different layers to her and while she has appeared to be this very outgoing, gregarious, and "modern" girl, at heart she is very "seedhi saadhi". In reality she is an introvert, quite vulnerable, very traditional, and quite sensitive. But all in all, she is a good person at heart, and while she has a lot of layers to her, she is also the friendliest one of the lot. Everyone in DMG has problems, but her troubles included love and familial relations, as opposed to the rest of the 3 whose troubles just included love. And yet still she appeared to be the simplest and most easy going of the 4.
This brings me to my second point: no one could ever understand her. Even till her last episode, nobody knew who she was. She had to tell them her reason for coming to Sanjeevani, and explain to a certain self involved person that she loves him. In this regard, at least Sid knew she loved Armaan, unlike the man himself. Having said that, this makes me realize all the more, that Shilpa's character was probably the best in DMG but the complete ignorance of others about her, reflects how much the character was ignored in the show. There was a lot of potential to her story, but all of that was ignored, hence none of the characters ever even tried understanding her.
She shared a unique bond with all 3: Riddhima, Sid, and Armaan, and while she helped all 3 numerous times, when did they ever help her out or try to peel off her many layers?

Riddhima: She shunned her, misunderstood her, and accused her wrongly. And in return Shilpa just loved her back, and till the last moment craved for her love. Heck even after Riddhima's wonderful treatment of her, Shilpa still gave her shelter and walked away giving Riddhima her house. And yet this "di" could never understand her reason for coming to Sanjeevani or even behave nicely with her at times.

Sid: This guy has not been as bad as the others. He was her first and maybe only friend in Sanjeevani. He could easily decipher that she loved Armaan, but he still never helped her out. All those plans of his for ArSh were for Armaan and not Shilpa. Moreover, Shilpa helped him out quite a few times with Riddhima, and yet he never once tried to understand his friend. This is one relationship that needed to grow more, and I was really expecting a great friendship and some cute jeeja saali scenes, but the CVs completely ignored this bond. Another one of the innumerable misses by the CVs.

Armaan: Oh how thou hast fallen in my eyes...
I have a lot to say on this one, or maybe I don't. Armaan+Shilpa= ArSh: the next big couple in DMG that couldn't happen because KaSh wasn't meant to be. ArSh was, but KaSh wasn't...please note the difference.
Okay this relationship had a LOT of potential, but it all went down the drain. Ever since Shilpa entered DMG, I'd been screaming that the ArSh bond would be one of mutual understanding and trust. Shilpa really did understand him (unlike his ex), and while he did seem to understand her pain at times (such as the recreation room dance), he could never peel off her layers. He was always so self involved in his own misery and pain (for which he was partly responsible) that he never tried to understand Shilpa. He called her a friend but was he ever a friend to her? Did her ever try to find out why she broke down in the rec room, why she completely changed in terms of looks and personality, and why she all of a sudden became so friendly towards him?
He said she's walking away when he most needs a friend. Really, Armaan you have never been as selfish as you were then. You never once noticed that in your so called friendship with Shilpa, it was a give and take bond wherein Shilpa gave and you just took. Not that, it has always been like this.
There were many instances wherein he seemed to understand her pain even without knowing about her past, such as the rec room scenes or the locker room drama after the Papa Jag Jayega. He was even falling for her and then the show did a complete backtrack to April '10. But that is another issue.
All in all we got to see Shilpa's different layers through her interactions with him. Because of him, we were introduced to "Dhanno", Sanjeevani's "khatra", and then finally this "seedhi saadhi" girl who is quite vulnerable inside. But still you could never truly understand her...

Nonetheless that is not to say that we didn't get any good scenes of Shilpa's. Most of the ArSh scenes before Karan left for KKK3 are quite good, especially the rec room dance one, Prabhat Pheri one, Shilpa taking care of Armaan after the fight which introduced Sajnaa, and the Panchgani fire. In terms of Sid and Shilpa, the very first interaction of the two and then the subsequent scene right after where she calls him jeejaji is my favorite. I really wanted to see more such scenes. Sorry, I truly hate Riddhima, and the way she behaved with Shilpa, hence no favorites amongst their scenes together. JP and Jiggy? Yes a few cute filler scenes of these two with Shilpa always did leave a small smile on one's face.

Now that Shilpa is gone, what will I miss? KaSh! Not ArSh but KaSh. Today's episode showed me that ArSh were over a long time ago, specifically as soon as Karan left for KKK3. It is KaSh that will be missed. It is their chemistry, their expressions, dialogue delivery, challenging looks and gestures to each other that made them one of the best, if not the best, Indian tv couples. Of KaSh, I will really miss their special background music that throughout DMG has just been used for KaSh and no one else. It doesn't matter if they were AR or ArSh, it was just for them. That background music signified their chemistry, and their "takkar walla chemistry" with each other. Add their challenging looks to one another, and you've got magic.

I realize that I have said a lot, like a whole lot. But there was a lot to say. Shilpa was never understood, and while the characters may not miss her, the audience surely will. And what will be missed more than anything else will be KaSh. They are finally over, and I don't see a return for them ever. Of course, I may be wrong as one should never say never, but still a KaSh comeback seems nearly impossible. Nonetheless, we've got some great scenes of them as AR and even as ArSh, so it's not all bad.

Adios Shilpa and KaSh. You will be missed but then all good things come to an end. I don't think I will see KaSh again, but for Shilpa there are good chances :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bary thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
seert i am reserving believe me i cant even say how i am right now
courtesy my last episode of DMG
editted*
i took 24hrs to come out the mess n thanks to assignments for the first time,it helped me a lot to distract my self
i would like to say some thing about my self along with KaSh,coz they are never separate from me,be ready for some idiotic rant from my side
well i went through all pages just to see how others are feeling,yes it is terrible feeling
i am15 when the show started n n when shona left that time i am 16 turned recently yes i really dont mind crying at that time coz i am childish,naive,innocent to facts n reality behind the screen,i still get  bothered by my cousins for that act but now i am 18 n still i did the same when i was watching episode n tears are some thing out of my control,thank fully no one is around me like last time,i became more private person than last time showing my interests
well coming to the episode no actually the show it self in the episode
see sid knows about shilpa loving armaan,yet he is so engrossed in his own problems to do some thing about it or to confront her n saying about him,i dont blame him,yes he is the one who always played the extremely cutable cupid for ArSh despite of difference betn the opinions betn him n his wife,the scene today betn them today cleared my misconception that sid ignored shilpa though yes SidShi bond yet to develop,today i felt the only reason he dont want to say about armaan coz it hurts shilpa,thats what he thought,it hurts a lot for him to make others feel the same,n shilpa have the faith in sid n SR relation ship that she said the secret of her life to him n man can she be more good,i love her man,the hug is just some thing made my hear wrench coz i wanna be in that position hugging shilpa saying her not to go
k why the hell they have to use the dialogues main tum dono milaonga for ridhz n shilpa,n main panchagani main hi reh rahi,it just give me silly hopes damn it,knowing CVs for years through story also i am not changed,blame me,i never change
with riddhima well i could count on fingers when i like their scenes,one is when ridhz gave hand to shilpa when she hitted some thing,it has so much meaning that,riddhima give her hand when ever tough times hitted her n yes i expected again a lot from cvs,but shilpa's Kabhi nahi,kabhi bolna nahi hain,stupid cvs i say again confusing us,even while going shilpa gave her home to riddhima n i wonder if she gets to know about the truth,does she even remember her n go to meet her or will she ever know the truth?being in shilpa's house need to relate some thing to
past,well if only i would have not known BHS,i would have waited for that
RidShi hug,finally at least shilpa got one of the things she loved at least for a moment
ArSh Scene at last,i would say like u it could have done in better way,not like no good bye scene like u want but i want a Final KaSh hug,i want shilpa to come out from that god damn car n say i miss u armaan mallik by hugging him though it surprised him but nonetheless KaSh never refuse amaze me n make wonder at their dailogues,god what are they i actually didnt feel the acting there,i generally felt karan being guilty more than armaan n shilpa being helpless
sache pyaar aur sache dosti kabhi door nahi jaati,i miss u armaan mallik,tum ek alag ladki ho shilpa,you are amazing all these filled KaSh in it
shilpa actually indicated him saying she could never move keeping him infront of her like he is,he did get some thing when shilpa said she missed him u can see his expression but alas DMG never known to see the things we see in them

she let her love go,if only armaan understood n did that things would be entirely different
well i still have my doubts n untied knots of this story
where the hell is the letter shilpa wrote for armaan,she didnt tored what ever she wrote obviously n where is the letter?did armaan will read that?
when riddhima is in shilpa's house,dont she get any thing of shilpa's past?
dont riddhima meet shilpa knowing that she is her sister?
GOD DAMN i want armaan to return all the 3 bracelets he have of shilpa,the angel,he dont deserve to keep them,i want it to be returned,silly i know but i cant bear him completely forgetting shilpa
well Shilpa Anand i already said a lot about her,she did justice to each and every character she taken fo'sho actually copying the characters n giving shape to the one are two different things entirely,Shilpa Anand as an actress did that very well,she made Riddhima a house hold name when the show is at its initial story,yes riddhima is confused but she presented the confused riddhima towards the new found love thinking he would be believable or not,it is an apprehension face by many that phase but never betn whom to choose her love,as shilpa,she became lady armaan in every thing including in loving unconditionally never expecting any thing in return which armaan lost some where during this period
here are some amazing creations i came across here

i know my rant goes on but yes think it as a good bye reply from me too,not that i stop hoping,like u said in one of ur replies that there will be a last DMG post but i dont think i can join with half heart of liking only KaSh n old DMG but yes pm me though my reply wont be this long n idiotic i would like to thank for they gave me
love you seertπŸ€—
swetha
Edited by bary - 13 years ago
mysterygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
My ..... that was so beautifully written........one of the few posts that I decided to read till the end :)
Very well separated the characters from the actors.
And a nice appreciation of the story.
aishwarya.15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
this show doesnt exist for me 
why did they start if they couldnt complte damn losers and will be alwys
shilpa for us ur the centre not not centre u r the dmg when u r not in the show then where the question arises about the show

oh seert this is my pour out but ur post damn good
Cherry.. thumbnail
Shilpa, indeed, had many layers to her. Whoever etched out her character did an awesome job. This was one role which would have been every writer's dream. There was just so much to explore!
I'm glad, atleast, her character wasn't tempered with. She came in a beauty, and she left a beauty!

Thank you for this wonderful post, Seert :)
Thank you everyone for your compliments and comments. Honestly I didn't expect anyone to read the whole thing since it's about 2 pages long on Word, but thank you so much.
I hasn't made an actual discussion topic in a long time now, especially one on Shilpa's character or ArSh, and on her last episode, it was needed.

@ lisaforkash: Thanks, and I really did not wish to talk about the actors in here since I wanted to keep it clean from all such controversies.

@Cherry: Your very welcome :)
And yes the writers really did a good job with her character, and the story had so much potential if they had only focused on her. But alas they didn't and completely ignored a truly beautiful creation.
*Adorable_Anu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lovelyy post seert! loved every bit of it.

SM is my favourite character in the show. she's the only one i can relate to most. and what's the use of a character you can't relate to. Shilpa will always be remembered as an essential part of this show.

the BEST scene of the epi.. ArSh. or actually, i should say KaSh. i saw no sign of ArSh in that scene. that scene was a KaSh scene. a REAL KaSh one. it was Karan-Shilpa talking to each other. i could just feel it. the way she said, 'i'll miss you'. i was like.. this is soo SA saying it to KSG. and KSG's friendship vala dialogue.. came totally from the heart. i'm glad we got this scene. a proper goodbye was all i needed.
Nida_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hayeeee what a post 😊😊,,,

u summed up the journey of shilpa soo nicely ....loved the new look n character of shilpa but alas it was soo short lived ...
good things n good people only happen for a for short time in case of dmg , how unfortunate they are to finish these characters themselves n ruined their own show soo badly .they can never keep anything in order n especially their crappy storyline....

p.s ..reading ur post remind me of pocco's analysis , i really missed her post but its good that she is not wasting her time n words on this kachra as there is hardly any beauty left in it . ...

nida *😊
Meghzz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
sigh if any more crying was left your post did it.
everything i had on my mind while watching the show has been put down here by you
Shilpa was the only character i could ever relate to in dmg, and as armaan said, she's amaaazing.
and yes ill miss KaSh , a lot, sigh. why do good things come to an end.
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I havent seen the last episode yet but your topic doesn't really say much about the episode and thats good because i can then write my comment based on jus the goodbye to Shilpa and KaSh.

You know everytime i hear about Shilpa leaving, i remember what Karan had said in their interview together about having to wait for 2 years but it was worth the wait....it was worth the wait obviously considering we got to see them together one last time in DMG but is wasn't really what we all kashians had worked for...we obviously wanted more which we did not get.

I actually did like ArSh...and I have always said that Shilpa's character had a lot of layers...always! in those exact same words as yours Seert! I found her character so interesting and such a mystery and from what you said in this topic, it seems like her character still remains a mystery to both the audience and the other characters in the show. Even SA said she liked portraying Shilpa more than Ridhima because the character Shilpa had more variety or something like that.

There are so many special things about ArSh and the character Shilpa...Shilpa really did soothe Armaan's pain in her own way...at first she used to talk about SR so blatantly (when she didn't know about A---R) but that was good for Armaan because no one had actually said the truth straight up to his face so that he could face the truth. i thought the ArSh story was about them two 'peeling off the layers' of each others characters. Shilpa actually saw Armaan in a lot of multiple shades and slowly started to understand him because she was a 'mirror image' of Armaan. But unfortunately Armaan couldn't fully see through her even though he did state at times that Shilpa has a good heart because he also understood her. I really thought that Sid would be the one to understand her as a friend but her character was sidelined before we could see some bonding between the two...no character was able to or even tried to see through Shilpa.M. And its a shame because i really actually liked the 1 scene btween Shashank and Shilpa.M and was looking forward to more of them and the Mohnish and Shilpa chemistry. Actually i also wanted to see Anjali and Shilpa and Shilpa and Atul bond as well...its such a shame

Overall, ArSh were a very beautiful relationship, i will really miss ArSh because they were something special and could actually have had gone very far if only...

KaSh are obviously just incredible. I don't know how to describe their chemistry...but its very unique. I know lots of other actors who have chemistry but the chemistry between KaSh is very different. They don't even have to hug or touch each other because their chemistry just fuses it way through: it is a very pure chemistry. But manyyyy ppl describe their chemistry as magic and it is...i personally really saw this magic between KaSh on the AR BBdate scene they did.

KaSh portrayed ArSh flawlessly. I feel that Shilpa could connect to her new character more than when she portrayed Ridhima and that could be seen through her portrayal of Shilpa.M. She is a natural actress and knows when and how to express the emotions of her character. It has been proved that she has so far been the only actress (from what i have seen and think) who could match up to Karan's level of acting and popularity.

It still hasn't sunk in that i may not be seeing KaSh again for ages but i think it will once i see their last scene. Are they getting an interview together before they go?

Seert i will really miss your topics because you seem to be able to put my thoughts into words but i hope you will stay around...atleast in the heaven until dmg forum is closed
Edited by Tahmina96 - 13 years ago