IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Edit: Hi Mariam, of course you can pitch in with your comments! (: 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Okies, all caught up on Daam! My comments as I watch:

Episode 16:

It was so funny how Samra (Fizza's mom) said that all differences in 'mizaaj' vanish after marriage. It reminds me of what I've heard aunties saying so many times myself, "Shaadi kardo, seedhe hojayenge." W*F kind of a logic that is? LOL Marriage is like a sack full of problems in and of itself, it doesn't solve anything, balke solve hue we problems ko complicate kar deti hai LOL

But ajeeb zabardasti hai, Samra just wouldn't stop pressing the matter LOL Yaar, kuch toh izzat ka khayal karo? Junaid is peecha chura-ing and yeh hain ke phir bhi lage huye hain LOL What amazing emotional atyachaar she was doing on her brother with dialogue-baazi and all LOL Upar se like mother, like daughter...Fizza doing emotional atyachaar on Yasir too LOL Bechara getting peesing, peesing and peeeeeeesing in the chakki between his mother, sister and wife LOL

It's really stupid to think marriage will make all differences vanish. I have heard the 'shadi ke baad sab theek hojaiga'  and 'shadi hojaigi toh is ko akal bhi ajaigi' and types often enough. Haan bhai, akal toh aisi thikane lagti hai na ke lag pata jata hai. These aunties...in ke paas toh har cheez ka aik ilaaj hai...get the person married. *rolls eyes*

Samrah and Fizza have no self respect whatsoever...aise peeche pare bichare Junaid ke..tauba! And why and how the hell do they think a 'zabardasti ki shadi' would work? Atleast Samrah, who has been in a relationship that didn't work, should have realized the consequences of such a marriage...but noo...SHE is the one who's constantly sar charhain Fizza Madam. The characterization of Samrah shows us why Fizza is like that...and I don't blame the man who left this woman when he did if she is an older version of Fizza...which she obviously is. Fizza has been spoiled rotten by her mother. Bachpan main do thapar lagai hote toh seedhi hoti. Yasir is no bechara...these saas-bahu tu tu main main only occurs if a man in the house is not firm or biased.

It's so sad that Maliha has to live in such an emotionally suffocating environment in the condition she's in...rather than trying to make the pregnancy a happy and comforting time for her, they are cutting her off...I can't imagine how hurtful it must be. The way she was crying to her mom, aw man, broke my heart Ouch 

Samra is acting worse than an in-law from another race, religion and planet would! Shocked Monster phopo, she is.

Ohh yes, I felt really very bad for her when I watched that episode specially given her condition. These people were emotionally torturing her! Though I didn't feel bad for her after watching the 17th epi.

Episode 17:

Oh God. Mano. That scene between Zara and Asma. I was crying too, Mash. Did they say what exactly happened to her?

Yeah...that scene was heart wrecking. Very well acted! No, they didn't exactly say what happened to her...I just gathered that she has some attachment issues with her 'mithu' and then when it died, she somehow couldn't take the loss....

When Asma/Zara went to see their old house, that guy let them in so easily! What if dakkus used this strategy to get inside houses? LOL And he was even ready to make chai for them! ROFL

LOL...yeah I find that weird too...and then the guy even left them to do whatever they want to do in HIS house LOL

"Apni cheezein miss karta hai insaan."  What a brilliant connection with the flashback.

Shit, it's turned into World War at Maliha's house LOL Khulam khulla attack ho raha hai LOL 

Hamayoon Saeed, you stay away from Zara!

Screw Hamayoon Saeed, JUNAID AND FIZZA!?!?!?

Oh, Zara. I wish I could give you a hug.

The last few minutes gave me goosebumps. Amazing episode. What a mess.

The world war at Maliha's house was expected, with Samrah as a MIL and Fizza as a SIL. I even expected Junaid and Fizza's marriage.  I wish I could give a hug to poor Junaid...I feel he's in a worse situation than Zara....felt sorry for him...Damn you, Maliha!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlnimrahkabeeraspeaking

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 6)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

virgo_gurl

IF-Sizzlerz

virgo_gurl

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 8:18am | IP Logged
@make-believe: Thanks alot:)
Can i know ur name?
And u people seem to discuss Daam i still need to watch it will be back with my comments when i start watching it:)
Btw no discussion on MZZB?
So far its my favourite Umera Ahmed serial dragged or whatever but the message was conveyed beautifully im still not over that serial loved it to the core!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

-Fatima-

IF-Stunnerz

-Fatima-

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged
OMG there is Umera Ahmed FC & i didn't knw abt it
she is my most fav writer
can i join this?

b/w love the intro

luv
Fatima

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingvirgo_gurl

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Samrah and Fizza have no self respect whatsoever...aise peeche pare bichare Junaid ke..tauba! And why and how the hell do they think a 'zabardasti ki shadi' would work? Atleast Samrah, who has been in a relationship that didn't work, should have realized the consequences of such a marriage...but noo...SHE is the one who's constantly sar charhain Fizza Madam. The characterization of Samrah shows us why Fizza is like that...and I don't blame the man who left this woman when he did if she is an older version of Fizza...which she obviously is. Fizza has been spoiled rotten by her mother. Bachpan main do thapar lagai hote toh seedhi hoti. Yasir is no bechara...these saas-bahu tu tu main main only occurs if a man in the house is not firm or biased. 

@red: Oh, they are absolutely delusional. Shaadi ke phele toh chodo, I doubt the 7 years of marriage with Junaid were even a chullu bhar worth of bliss, but she is STILL staying in it out of zidd and obsession. Even having a child didn't change her one bit! Yasir is a product of his mother's dysfunctional character and upbringing too. The very reason why he is stuck in a situation like this is because he has the issue of protecting his mother/sister to deal with. That regime was flying till Maliha came in...but now that there's the woman he's married and his mother/sister on opposing sides, he hasn't had a single idea on how to deal with it in seven long years. He doesn't have enough guts to move out of the house with Maliha because of the duty he feels he owes to his mother/sister being the only man of the family. And staying in the house, even if he became firm and unbiased, he isn't influential enough to change Samra and Fizza's mindset, so they will continue being hellish no matter what he does or says. Plain and simple, Maliha has fallen in love with the wrong man. She will never find peace in this marriage because of the baggage Yasir brings along with him, and any woman in her place would've had to experience the same because of who Yasir is: a result of a broken family.

The world war at Maliha's house was expected, with Samrah as a MIL and Fizza as a SIL. I even expected Junaid and Fizza's marriage.  I wish I could give a hug to poor Junaid...I feel he's in a worse situation than Zara....felt sorry for him...Damn you, Maliha!

I'm somewhere in between surprise and understanding that Junaid and Fizza got married. Surprised because Junaid relented to Maliha's 'solution'...he wasn't even ready to hear of marriage after Zara, but he agreed? Surprised because Sami/Ambreen agreed and let Maliha demand something like this of Junaid, that they let Junaid sacrifice about something like marriage that meant so much to him? It's understandable because I can see that they cared enough about her to salvage her 'house' by going along with this decision. Maliha made a huge mistake because even despite admitting to herself that she would never be happy in that house, she put her brother at stake. 

As for hugging Zara over Junaid...I feel so for her because of Mano, the sadness that Asma too notices rooted deep in her...the fact that everything around her in life moved on, even Junaid moved on in a way, but even with the chance (Hamayoon Saeed) in front of her, she remained static all these years. 

neets_ltlnimrahincandescence

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by virgo_gurl

@make-believe: Thanks alot:)
Can i know ur name?
And u people seem to discuss Daam i still need to watch it will be back with my comments when i start watching it:)
Btw no discussion on MZZB?
So far its my favourite Umera Ahmed serial dragged or whatever but the message was conveyed beautifully im still not over that serial loved it to the core!!

I'm Fatima! (: Ah, looking forward to your comments on Daam then, it's pretty brilliant. Being on air right now, it's the topic at hand, but I'm up for MZZBN discussion any time, any day! Smile I thought the concept was fantastic, the pathos in that story is unmatched by any other I've seen, definitely. 

Originally posted by -fsn-

OMG there is Umera Ahmed FC & i didn't knw abt it
she is my most fav writer
can i join this?
b/w love the intro luv Fatima

Hey, welcome! Smile Feel free to jump into the discussion!

Edit: Ugh, something really is messed up with the quoting and formatting! Confused

Edited by make-believe - 09 October 2010 at 9:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fatima-

-Maha-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Maha-

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Hiiiii Umera is one of my favrt writer and her novel Peer-e-Kamil was just fantastic
can i join here?
Luv
Maha

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking-Fatima-

nimrah

IF-Rockerz

nimrah

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 11:23am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=nimrah]
4 pages already? Wow! Brilliant post Mash! I didn't know a thing about Umera Ahmad but now I do, thanks to your post.. She's written quite a lot of books.. If I ever read an Urdu novel na, I swear it would be of Umera Ahmad's! LOL 

Shame on you Nimrah if you haven't ever read an Urdu novel....*brings chulo bhar pani* 

Aray par my Urdu is horrible.. Hum dhobi ke kuttay hain.. na ghar ke na ghaat ke! ROFL I've read some Pitras ke mazameen something.. LOL 

*sigh* I just want to know if I'm the only one who cried watching today's episode of Daam? Or was it because I was just feeling sloppy at that time?

I feel like a sentimental fool...*sigh*

Nimrah...I don't even feel like saying 'I told you so'...UA's stories are torturous sometimes...

Awww Mash you cried? *gives you comforting hugs* I didn't really cry but yeah it was a sad episode.. 

I kind of expected Junaid-Fizza marriage since Maliha said her aik hi rasta bacha hai dialogue.. But I was still heartbroken.. Poor poor Zara! And Junaid as well.. Cry

Edit: Oh this pic also made me kind of prepared for Junaid-Fizza's marriage.. 

Look how Fizza is holding onto Junaid's arm.. Ouch

Edited by nimrah - 09 October 2010 at 12:04pm

nimrah

IF-Rockerz

nimrah

Posted: 09 October 2010 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Oh just wanted to say, brilliant discussions on Daam.. I was dying to discuss it, but I had an exam today so didn't get a chance to come online yesterday but I just LOVED reading the discussions you guys had.. 

One thing I'd like to add, is how I absolutely loved the Mamun scene.. I read in Daam's page on FB that Umera Ahmad once said that nobody wants to relate themselves(audience) to the evil characters.. We'll point out similarities with the positive ones but no one would accept that they are someone like Fizza, Simra, Mamun, Maami.. And it was potrayed brilliantly.. How Mamun kept on dissing the mamun in Jamal's show but never realised that he is actually like that as well.. 

Lol and the scene where Asma/Seemi goes "Mamun aap thaktey nahi?" and he's like "whaa?" she improvises "nekiyan karte karte" ROFL Loved it. One of my uncles, he's this huge phenku man.. LOL He always has some sort of amazing stories of his life's achievements and once my cousin commented to him saying aap thaktey nahi?... Itna kaam karte hain! ROFL

Oh and another thing I read on that page that Mano's mithu died beofre Zara left and she bought him a new one.. She didn't like that mithu much and then Zara left as well. So the two main parts of Mano's life (Mithu and Zara) both left so she couldn't live on either and died..

Originally posted by make-believe

Hamayoon Saeed, you stay away from Zara!

Oh god I know! I'm sorry if someone here is a Humayon Saeed fan, but mannn. Har show main tapak parta hai.. Tongue

Edited by nimrah - 09 October 2010 at 12:50pm

neets_ltlkabeeraspeakingincandescence

Post Reply New Post

Go to top