Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 150

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 October 2010 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

I don't remember the trailer or the show exactly. It aired 6, 7 years back  I think. The only thing I remember is that there was this case, before it aired, where a family took qisas for their murdered son and one maulvi aur someone give this 'fatwa' that taking qisas is not an islamic practice. I wasn't well aware of the term at that point. So the show kinda cleared the concept for me.

This is the one I saw: 

I like Faisal Qureshi's "Duniya mein har insaan apni aulaad ke liye acha faisla hi karna chahta hai." Smile 

Fahad Mustafa's dialogue delivery on the other hand LOL

Ahhhh...Dhuvaan...I have watched it at least 4 5 times I think. And I still love it as much I did the first time...and I cry every time I watch it...

I barely remember now what happened in the show, and that was the only time I'd watched it. My memory has become like a sieve that filters out unneeded stuff so extensively that I have difficulty recalling links in stories I've watched/read 6 months ago only, yeh toh phir kitne saal pehle ki baat hai LOL

As for Ainak Wala Jin...I LOVEDDDDDD it...just loveddd it. It was completely senseless but it was one of its kind at that time. And the characters...lolll...did you remember BinBatori LOL...I used to tease my sister with 'Churail nahin tu dainnn hai......meri pyari behnn hai'...LOL

Yesss, Bin Batori! LOL Zakoota's "Main kya karoon, main kisko khaoon," is another one that keeps on coming up whenever someone is bored or absolutely frustrated LOL

Originally posted by nimrah

One of my favourite interactions were in the initial episodes of Daam, between Yaasir and Fizza regarding Fizza's car.. LOL 

That was Yasir's phateechar car! LOL I loved this part:

Fizza: Tum shauhar banane wale ho, biwi nahi.
Yasir: Tu wohi keh raha ho, mujhe shauhar banana hai, bekhari nahi.

Originally posted by -Faith-

@Fati: Aww haan maybe if you watch it again poori totality.. it wasn't like majorly fast paced... But every shade of human emotion was portrayed so well.. Plus it was soooooo real.... Someone has uploaded it onto YT and hearing you gush about it so, totally makes me want to watch!  Fati did you like Malaal enough for it to motivate you to make any sigs/avis ..... *lalchi muh*  Humara bhi bhalla ho jaye ga...kyun Mash? WinkLOL What scenes/moments did you guys like enough to see sigs/avis on? LOL Farmaish kijiye, hazoor :P *edit*.. editing since I don't want 'spamming' ilzaams flying my way.. *guilty of spamming* LOL Khair I just wanted to say I m watching Muthi bhar mitti right now saw one part... then ami was around (she is quite an UA fan and couldn't stop gushing after watching MBM... kay kya likhti hai hehe)... Ya after part 1 I handed over the headphones and computer to her lol she saw all the nine parts.. I will watch it now... will come back with my comments and looking forward to see what Fati has to say about it once she watches it :-) Haila, all 9 parts in one go!? Shocked Zainu Diiii, you are confusing me...to watch ABC or MBM first, that is the question ;) Chalo, MBM first and then ABC. Will catch up on Episode 16 of Daam this weekend too. 

Edited by make-believe - 06 October 2010 at 8:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Random spamming time! Those who haven't watched Daam yet, scroll and skip!

^One of my (3) favourite moments (that all interestingly enough contain Junaid, hmmm LOL) from Daam Smile When he wants to drop Zara home, but she says it wouldn't be appropriate and gets off at the bus stop. He tells her that he'll wait there until she gets on the bus and then go. Normal enough, right? But what made it such a genuine and respectful gesture for me was the fact that this wasn't a guise for him to spend time with her or stare at her the whole time, etc., as is routine with usual majnus. When the scene ends, we see Junaid decently turning his head away, looking out ahead of the windshield. It may seem insignificant or maybe over-analyzed, but somehow it was such a chivalrous moment, showing that he waited there really because he cared that she got home alright...and not because he wanted to make advances on her or score points. True gentleman.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlnimrah-Fatima-

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

4 pages already? Wow! Brilliant post Mash! I didn't know a thing about Umera Ahmad but now I do, thanks to your post.. She's written quite a lot of books.. If I ever read an Urdu novel na, I swear it would be of Umera Ahmad's! LOL

Shame on you Nimrah if you haven't ever read an Urdu novel....*brings chulo bhar pani*

Apart from that I quite like MZZBN's story but mannn, was this show dragged or what!? and high five on not being a fan of Babar Jawed, he dragged Meri Zaat sooo much plus his other shows ain't that great either..

Arey MZZBN toh honestly was his best show till date. He tends to over-commercialize and over-dramatize things a lot so MZZBN was still better. What I don't like was how some of the poignant bits in the book were not shown..

Originally posted by -Faith-

Awww acha u watched ABC again but not as WOW-ed.. I get WOW-ed every time I see it.. Plus I guess I dunno if tumhari family may koi army may tha ya nahi so maybe you are seeing from the civillian perspective.... My brother is in the army.. two of my tayas were brigadiers.. My dad in the Air force... though he took early retirement.. and I did not experience that life per say... But still maybe I have been more in contact with that life style... the show was SOOOOO real...  All the characters were so real....it was beyond amazing... Shenaz was such an amazing character too!
Waisay LOLthe guy who played Faraz, he was our family friend and neighbour in Abu dhabi also tou when it first aired that was another curosity factor..

Oh WOW! I guess, I can understand why you would like it more...yeah I'm seeing it from a civilian perspective only....no army walas in my family....

And I really like Shahnaz character too...

Edited by incandescence - 07 October 2010 at 11:08pm

nimrah

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

This is the one I saw:

I like Faisal Qureshi's "Duniya mein har insaan apni aulaad ke liye acha faisla hi karna chahta hai." Smile 

Fahad Mustafa's dialogue delivery on the other hand LOL

Aha! I remember more details now after watching this promo. You know, you should watch it. It's a good show.

That was Yasir's phateechar car! LOL I loved this part:
Fizza: Tum shauhar banane wale ho, biwi nahi.
Yasir: Tu wohi keh raha ho, mujhe shauhar banana hai, bekhari nahi.

LOL...That was such a complete sibling-kind of interaction..another bit that I like was when Yasir said 'Tum dogi Jibran ko apni gaari' and Fizza goes 'Haath tordongi us ke' LOL

Edit:

There is something seriously WRONGGG with the quoting on this page. Sab upar neeche horaha hai...Confused

Edited by incandescence - 07 October 2010 at 11:38pm

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:25am | IP Logged

Random spamming time! Those who haven't watched Daam yet, scroll and skip!

^One of my (3) favourite moments (that all interestingly enough contain Junaid, hmmm LOL) from Daam Smile When he wants to drop Zara home, but she says it wouldn't be appropriate and gets off at the bus stop. He tells her that he'll wait there until she gets on the bus and then go. Normal enough, right? But what made it such a genuine and respectful gesture for me was the fact that this wasn't a guise for him to spend time with her or stare at her the whole time, etc., as is routine with usual majnus. When the scene ends, we see Junaid decently turning his head away, looking out ahead of the windshield. It may seem insignificant or maybe over-analyzed, but somehow it was such a chivalrous moment, showing that he waited there really because he cared that she got home alright...and not because he wanted to make advances on her or score points. True gentleman.

LOL@all your favourite moments containing Junaid. Tongue

That was very sweet of him to wait there till she could get on the bus...and the lack of ogling made it all the more pleasing to watch. It's rare to see such decency and sincerity shown this sweeetly in a relationship. I love their 'ache toh hain' convo in the car too....very normal! The un-spoken, genuine affection and the respect they have for each other is heartwarming. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlkabeeraspeakingvirgo_gurl

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
*sigh* I just want to know if I'm the only one who cried watching today's episode of Daam? Or was it because I was just feeling sloppy at that time?

I feel like a sentimental fool...*sigh*

Nimrah...I don't even feel like saying 'I told you so'...UA's stories are torturous sometimes...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahkabeeraspeaking

virgo_gurl

IF-Sizzlerz

virgo_gurl

Posted: 08 October 2010 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
OMG YAY!!!
I literally want to jump with joy LOL
I love Umera Ahmed she is my fav writerEmbarrassed
Ermm guess enough of my bakwas coming to the pointLOL
Can i join?Big smile
Mariam-

P.S: Loved the introThumbs Up

kabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 08 October 2010 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Edit: Hi Mariam, of course you can pitch in with your comments! (: 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Okies, all caught up on Daam! My comments as I watch:

Episode 16:

It was so funny how Samra (Fizza's mom) said that all differences in 'mizaaj' vanish after marriage. It reminds me of what I've heard aunties saying so many times myself, "Shaadi kardo, seedhe hojayenge." W*F kind of a logic that is? LOL Marriage is like a sack full of problems in and of itself, it doesn't solve anything, balke solve hue we problems ko complicate kar deti hai LOL

But ajeeb zabardasti hai, Samra just wouldn't stop pressing the matter LOL Yaar, kuch toh izzat ka khayal karo? Junaid is peecha chura-ing and yeh hain ke phir bhi lage huye hain LOL What amazing emotional atyachaar she was doing on her brother with dialogue-baazi and all LOL Upar se like mother, like daughter...Fizza doing emotional atyachaar on Yasir too LOL Bechara getting peesing, peesing and peeeeeeesing in the chakki between his mother, sister and wife LOL

It's so sad that Maliha has to live in such an emotionally suffocating environment in the condition she's in...rather than trying to make the pregnancy a happy and comforting time for her, they are cutting her off...I can't imagine how hurtful it must be. The way she was crying to her mom, aw man, broke my heart Ouch 

Samra is acting worse than an in-law from another race, religion and planet would! Shocked Monster phopo, she is.

Episode 17:

Oh God. Mano. That scene between Zara and Asma. I was crying too, Mash. Did they say what exactly happened to her?

When Asma/Zara went to see their old house, that guy let them in so easily! What if dakkus used this strategy to get inside houses? LOL And he was even ready to make chai for them! ROFL

"Apni cheezein miss karta hai insaan."  What a brilliant connection with the flashback.

Shit, it's turned into World War at Maliha's house LOL Khulam khulla attack ho raha hai LOL 

Hamayoon Saeed, you stay away from Zara!

Screw Hamayoon Saeed, JUNAID AND FIZZA!?!?!?

Oh, Zara. I wish I could give you a hug.

The last few minutes gave me goosebumps. Amazing episode. What a mess.

Edited by make-believe - 08 October 2010 at 6:34pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlnimrah

Post Reply New Post

Go to top