Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 146)

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Ahh...Saman and Faisal deserve each other. Maat is a bit slow. All this happened in the initial 10 pages or so in the novel...the real story toh starts after they get married. I'll watch it tomorrow if I can...aik do episodes miss hojaien toh time nikaal kar bethna parta hai dekne ke liye...

Agree with you about Humsafar...I do get why people like it and it's definitely better than most crap out there but it's a time pass show for me...I watch it in the ad breaks of this other show I watch. But I don't get the 'sizzling' chemistry between Khirad and Ashar that ppl here on IF are going crazy about.

Not sure about the UA page..

Farah...did you read my other post. Sanam Saeed will play Kashaf in Zindagi Gulzar Hai adaption. Sanam toh kachra kar degi.

Edited by incandescence - 13 November 2011 at 6:33am
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by howzzat

Is she the one who played FQ's first wife in ,''The Ghost''?

Yup, she is the one. She usually just works for Sultana Siddiqui n co..Mehreen Jabbar...Momina Duraid/Moomal productions.

Originally posted by make-believe

Aks I'll read when it finishes...sometime next year!

Phir faida? Aisi anticipation toh hogi hi nahin...phir isse acha koi aur novel hi parh lena.

Originally posted by Usman.

as for Aks.. i have read all four episodes up till now and i do agree with those who are saying that Aks is actually Chirya.. this thought crossed my mind after reading the fourth episode since there were quite alot of similarities between the two characters.. i might be wrong though.. and that last scene was indeed horrifying ...
i was actually disappointed by 3rd episode and up to some extend by 4th episode too.. b'cos i started reading this novel for its supernatural element which completely vanished in 3rd and 4th epi... also the pace is a bit slow as nothing much happened in 4th epi till the last scene.. 

Maat, i feel. is a disappointment.. they are dragging it.. many scenes which do not make much sence could have been avoided.. they need to spice up things otherwise it is getting boring

and Humsafar's last epi was also wasted on Khizer & Asher's blossoming romance, nothing much happened in it.. you wait for a serial for a whole week and in the end you get some mushy mushy coochie coo moments between the lead couple.. you are bound to get disappointed.. 

Yeah I guess so...Chirya maybe Aks only. Everyone is saying so...and yeah similarities toh hain and specially if you connect it to Chirya's chess playing and her 'aisa game banaoongi jis mein queen hi king ho' philosophy...but I can't wrap my head around it...maybe the next episode will clear things up. Or maybe I should read all the epis again to find connections between them. The last scene was again a cliff hanger as all the other three episode's ends have been..but I have never read a more horrifying UA scene than this one...and I have read Doosra Dosakh. There's more disappointment coming your way then...there's no doubt now that its all symbolic.

Waise I think iss book ke baad phir se many male readers are again going to attack her for being an 'extreme feminist'...LOL

I won't call Maat a disappointment. Yes, it's slow specially if you have read Seher Aik Istiara...but I believe UA has done a wonderful job on this adaption...I think the short almost narrative stories are much easier to adapt...warna we've all seen the haal of MOS and MZZBN.

Don't worry, in Humsafar, tragedy is going to strike soon...saara romance dhara ka dhara reh jayega...you'll be crying buckets for Khirad. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahUsman.

farahs_6 IF-Dazzler
farahs_6
farahs_6

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Ahh...Saman and Faisal deserve each other. Maat is a bit slow. All this happened in the initial 10 pages or so in the novel...the real story toh starts after they get married. I'll watch it tomorrow if I can...aik do episodes miss hojaien toh time nikaal kar bethna parta hai dekne ke liye...

Agree with you about Humsafar...I do get why people like it and it's definitely better than most crap out there but it's a time pass show for me...I watch it in the ad breaks of this other show I watch. And I don't get the 'sizzling' chemistry between Khirad and Ashar that ppl here on IF are going crazy about.

Not sure about the UA page..

Farah...did you read my other post. Sanam Saeed will play Kashaf in Zindagi Gulzar Hai adaption. Sanam toh kachra kar degi.

Yeah...abt Sanam Saeed...i dunno...maybe if the director is good, he can make her perform well..But yea, i really want tht drama to be good... Its one of my fav stories of Umera...Maybe,Amina Shaikh could be a better choice for this role? I would have chosen Amna for this role...but maybe they thought Amina looked a bit older...but i dont think so...They were shown in university, doing Masters in International Relations...so Amna could be perfect for this role...dont know why didnt they take her?
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 5:58am | IP Logged
It's one of my favourite too Farah...Arey university is one phase in their life. I think the next time she meets Zaroon after the university, she has passed the CSS exam and is around 30-32...khair baat woh nahin hai baat yeh hai keh itna STRONG character kaise play karegi yeh larki...aur Zaroon aur Kashaf ke clashing ego scenes mein itni intensity chahiye...Sanam would never be able to play it well. Kiyaa bakwaas hai!! I lovedd Kashaf's character.
farahs_6 IF-Dazzler
farahs_6
farahs_6

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
What do u think abt Amina Shaikh playing Kashaf's  role? I think she would have been perfect for this role...hai na?
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Yeah, hopefully Maat will pick up...or rather, I'm just waiting for a turn of fortunes on the show. Wish it had only 15 or so episodes...would have meant that the twist would come about sooner. Today's episode just enraged me more atop of last week's...have to say, UA is UNMATCHED in creating absolutely loathsome characters...first it was Arfeen's mother in MZZBN, then it was Moiz's mother in QeT and now Saman...each seems worse than the other. 

About Humsafar...the story later on with 'tragedy' and high drama is apparently because of suspicion and saas bahu stuff...Khirad will start going to university and this Khizar guy will start pursuing her...mistrust will grow between her and Ashar, and then Fareeda (Ashar's mom) will take advantage of it (probably at Sara's provocation) to throw her out of the house. Very typical. But maybe the way the angst will be treated will be worth watching...who knows!

about maat... just watched the last epi.. the story gained momentum.. I liked how it unfolded.. SQ as usual was very impressive Amina and the lady portraying their mother were also fantastic .. the scene where Aimen confronts Saman was also well shot..now looking forward to it..

and humsafar also picked up last week.. the story moved further..well, i guess i'z expecting too much since it was so much hyped.. thats why i'z disappointed.. but the story which you mentioned is very typical . hope they show it in an interesting manner.. Tongue
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

@Usman: seriously, just coz there are happy scenes in the show doesn't mean its like DMG!! Isn't there happy stuff in life too, or we've just become accustomed to the bad things that we ignore the good ones coz of them.. Honestly I dont think the happy scenes in Humsafar are cliche.. A guy is just falling in love with his wife, someone he knew nothing about and its making him happy to realise that she is so much more different than he he expected at ALL.. and Khirad is realising that HE is the most important person for her in this world.. Isnt that a beautiful relationship between 2 people? Forget about the hype about the hotness of the actors and just think about the dynamics between the characters with an open mind.. Im sure you'll get where I'm coming from :-)
I know and can understand where you are coming from.. may be we have different point of views thats why the difference in opinions..Tongue
I definitely dont mind romance between the lead couple.. but what i objected was wasting he whole episode on their blossoming romance.. i mean if it was a daily then it wouldn't have been an issue.. but a serial which you wait for a whole week.. and what comes across is a whole epi full of romantic scenes... for some it is a pleasure to watch their favorite couple falling in love with each other and for some it does not appeal.. simple as that.. what i wanted to say that they could have got away with few scenes.. like the one in garden where Khirad puts the plants in the shadow and the scene after that.. i thought it was long drawn.. it could have been cut short.,

and quoting you here..

Isn't there happy stuff in life too, or we've just become accustomed to the bad things that we ignore the good ones coz of them.

i dont really agree with you here.. Happy scenes if portrayed well leave a better impression on viewers than the sad ones.. the biggest example is Azar\Dolly\Takkay ki ayegi baraat series..

on the whole, if you dont agree with me.. we can always use the 'agree to disagee' option LOL
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Yeah I guess so...Chirya maybe Aks only. Everyone is saying so...and yeah similarities toh hain and specially if you connect it to Chirya's chess playing and her 'aisa game banaoongi jis mein queen hi king ho' philosophy...but I can't wrap my head around it...maybe the next episode will clear things up. Or maybe I should read all the epis again to find connections between them. The last scene was again a cliff hanger as all the other three episode's ends have been..but I have never read a more horrifying UA scene than this one...and I have read Doosra Dosakh. There's more disappointment coming your way then...there's no doubt now that its all symbolic. 
yep.. may be in next epi things will be more clear.. or knowing UA.. may be things will get more confusing LOL

I won't call Maat a disappointment. Yes, it's slow specially if you have read Seher Aik Istiara...but I believe UA has done a wonderful job on this adaption...I think the short almost narrative stories are much easier to adapt...warna we've all seen the haal of MOS and MZZBN.

i have not read Seher aik istiara.. anyway, the last epi changed my view.. LOL

Don't worry, in Humsafar, tragedy is going to strike soon...saara romance dhara ka dhara reh jayega...you'll be crying buckets for Khirad. LOL
lol @ crying buckets for Khirad.. LOL

Go to top