Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 145)

Post Reply New Post

Page 145 of 150

Usman.

IF-Sizzlerz

Usman.

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Re: Maat...I think that's just the premise of the show...it feels as if it isn't really anything that can be 'spiced' up in any way. Only people who want to watch something other than or a little different from love stories will continue seeing it, I guess. Let's see...the show is still in a phase where it hasn't hit its trump card...QeT wasn't too great in the middle episodes, very draggy and slow actually...but then it had a solid tie up which more than made up for everything.

And Humsafar's last episode 'wasted' on blossoming romance! LOL Arey, everyone watching that show was waiting for this 'mushy coochie coo' stuff only LOL Abhi toh aage aur baaki hai! But really...it isn't a show you should be watching with many expectations...especially in terms of story line...it can hardly even be expected to have a twist or surprising point...

I agree about Q-e-t .. it was dragging in the middle episodes that i stopped watching it.. and almost same thing is happening with Maat.. i dont have that interest which i used to have in the beginning for this show.. may be it will pick up gradually.. 

@humsafar.. i dont know why but i seriously dont like these so called 'cute' scenes.. they remind me of DMG, MJHT and teenagers going ga-ga over them Wacko i want the story to move forward.. I have seen the complete OST which indicates there is gonna be high voltage drama later on (correct me if i'm wrong here) so i am waiting for that

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 145)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Usman.

I agree about Q-e-t .. it was dragging in the middle episodes that i stopped watching it.. and almost same thing is happening with Maat.. i dont have that interest which i used to have in the beginning for this show.. may be it will pick up gradually.. 

@humsafar.. i dont know why but i seriously dont like these so called 'cute' scenes.. they remind me of DMG, MJHT and teenagers going ga-ga over them Wacko i want the story to move forward.. I have seen the complete OST which indicates there is gonna be high voltage drama later on (correct me if i'm wrong here) so i am waiting for that

Yeah, hopefully Maat will pick up...or rather, I'm just waiting for a turn of fortunes on the show. Wish it had only 15 or so episodes...would have meant that the twist would come about sooner. Today's episode just enraged me more atop of last week's...have to say, UA is UNMATCHED in creating absolutely loathsome characters...first it was Arfeen's mother in MZZBN, then it was Moiz's mother in QeT and now Saman...each seems worse than the other. 

About Humsafar...the story later on with 'tragedy' and high drama is apparently because of suspicion and saas bahu stuff...Khirad will start going to university and this Khizar guy will start pursuing her...mistrust will grow between her and Ashar, and then Fareeda (Ashar's mom) will take advantage of it (probably at Sara's provocation) to throw her out of the house. Very typical. But maybe the way the angst will be treated will be worth watching...who knows!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Usman.howzzat

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
@Usman: seriously, just coz there are happy scenes in the show doesn't mean its like DMG!! Isn't there happy stuff in life too, or we've just become accustomed to the bad things that we ignore the good ones coz of them.. Honestly I dont think the happy scenes in Humsafar are cliche.. A guy is just falling in love with his wife, someone he knew nothing about and its making him happy to realise that she is so much more different than he he expected at ALL.. and Khirad is realising that HE is the most important person for her in this world.. Isnt that a beautiful relationship between 2 people? Forget about the hype about the hotness of the actors and just think about the dynamics between the characters with an open mind.. Im sure you'll get where I'm coming from :-)

@Maat: still haven't watched this week's so no clue!

QeT i love that show... can just go on and on about how awesome UA is coz she wrote it!LOL

Edited by howzzat - 11 November 2011 at 8:55pm

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
I haven't watched two weeks of Maat...but if you hate Saman now Fatty, by the end of the show toh you'll probably feel like killing her. abhi toh uss ne kuch bhi nahin kiya hai...

Waise kameene characters ki toh sach mein koi kami nahin UA world mein. You won't find Saman that loathsome if you had read Man-o-Salwa and Thora Sa Aasman, the one that's not recommended.

As for Humsafar...it's going to get sooo 'soap-y' now, its fan following will increase by tenfold.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahkabeeraspeakingUsman.

farahs_6

IF-Dazzler

farahs_6

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Well.. I agree with howzzat, to some extent... Although i havent watched Humsafar...but some of my family members and friends watch it...and yea i know .they arent liking it bcoz of how good looking the couple is..:P...i think the treatment of the show is simple...not soap-ish at all, from what i have heard from others..As for the story, i think its a smple story about a couple falling in love after marriage and then how fragile tht bond can be? About story being soapish...i dont think thts the case..well such stories do happen in real life... If we see this way only...then maat's story can be termed as soapish also..esp saman and aimen's characterisation...one is wayyy too evil and selfish and the other too good...and i think its pace is slow too.(.i have heard pace is slow..i am not watcvhing Maat either)...and doraha's story can be termed as soapish also... but what matters is how the story is treated...i think..(from what i have heard)...they have treated the show well...but i am still sure tht the novel must still be much better from the serial...bcoz there was more suspense with the present past story continuing simultaneously...I think abt the screen play..well...we should not compare it with Umera Ahmed's current plays, or even Faiza Iftikhar..becoz they are now experienced screen play writers and have done atleast more than 12 plays atleast, even more than tht...whereas this is Farhat's first serial...so we think it this way, this is a very good attempt...I think we all have heard of  Amarbail...which was pathetic dramatisation...of such a beautiful novel... Even Uraan's screen play wasnt upto the mark ...as per Umera's standards...bcoz it was one of her earlier screen plays which she had written long ago...so we should give Farhat a chance..and think of it as her first ever screen play and then judge it...

Edited by farahs_6 - 12 November 2011 at 8:54am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Farah...for me, personally, it's not the screenplay of Humsafar, it's the story. What is so NEW about the story...so oh-so-different or interesting? Maat is anything but 'soapish'...characters par mat jao...look at the story. Umera is not going to glorify Aimen's sacrificing and goody-two-shoe nature...and the fact remains that it is NOT a love story...like hundred of other shows out there. Sorry to say but I didn't really like Farhat Ishtiaq's writing much...yes..her stories are sweet but they are, to a certain extent, cheesy as well. Apne apne taste ki bhi baat hoti hai. Jaise I'd rather watch/read Thoda Sa Aasman despite it being absolutely 'ugly' than a 'beautiful' story like Humsafar.

And I'm done justifying Doraha...but for the last time...didn't anyone realize it was actually based on the adverse effect of soaps. Doraha kiya hamein yeh nahin batata keh asli zindagi aik soap nahin hoti...

I'm not saying this because I'm this crazy UA fan...but really...you can't compare UA with anyone...not with Faiza Iftikhar or with Farhat Iftikhar. She's on a different spectrum all together.

nimrahkabeeraspeakingUsman.

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Farah, I know you like Humsafar, and like I said previously, I'm 120% sure that the written work is far, far, far better than the screenplay so there's no undermining that. I don't have an issue with the story...it's typical, yeah...and a lot of that depends on perception too. I think some of us who participate in this thread here especially like watching stuff that is 'different'...not run of the mill...so we are more vocal on calling something out as typical compared to the general audience which will like or hold a different perception towards it.

In my opinion, I will maintain that Humsafar is enjoying this attention from people because it is pretty...put any two other actors in the lead roles, and replace the sets and direction with Babar Javed's, and you'll see that the response will be very different. It is not Star One level definitely, as howzzat pointed out...it has romance shown with simplicity, not much hue and cry, etc. But still...I don't find any spark in it worth watching...not in the romance, not in the acting, and not at all in the screenplay...it has been written and edited together so lopsidedly that nothing seems gradual or cohesive...and I know I am a hard customer to please, so maybe that is why. I like things to make sense...for there to be reasons behind actions...for there to be time and gradualness to something...that's something I don't see in Humsafar. Just something I perceive. I know the majority doesn't see it that way, and no hard feelings...we can all like/see things the way we do.

And when I say that about Humsafar, rest assured that I don't do so in comparison of Farhat Ishtiaq to Umera Ahmed. There is a way my perception/criteria of viewing a show, movie, etc. has evolved or developed which is independent of what I have watched of UA's work. In fact, her work, something like Uraan, is subjected to just as much of that perception as anyone else...

nimrahincandescenceUsman.

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

I haven't watched two weeks of Maat...but if you hate Saman now Fatty, by the end of the show toh you'll probably feel like killing her. abhi toh uss ne kuch bhi nahin kiya hai...

Waise kameene characters ki toh sach mein koi kami nahin UA world mein. You won't find Saman that loathsome if you had read Man-o-Salwa and Thora Sa Aasman, the one that's not recommended.

As for Humsafar...it's going to get sooo 'soap-y' now, its fan following will increase by tenfold.

Well, this week and the last, the Saman-Faisal thing just came out openly in front of everyone...that they want to get married aur ab uss pe hungama ho raha hai. The mothers are all 'over my dead body!' but we know that hey will get married, so ussi ka wait ho raha hai...jiske baad story phir kuch aage jayegi.

UA world ke kameene characters ka toh solid competition hai LOL Each would seem worse than the previous...

Someone tell me, did they made UA's FB page private? I can't see it anymore.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top