Celebrity Fan Clubs

Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 143)

Post Reply New Post

Page 143 of 150

nimrah

IF-Rockerz

nimrah

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Aww. I'm jealous, I'm missing out on such awesome moments of Daam. :( Need to download the show as soon as exams end! :P

Mash, I will. I will. Mera pooora irada hai. But prof hain yaar mid nov se. As soon as they end.. I will get down to catch up on numerous tv shows and read UA books.. LOL

and yay, I'm up for spamming. :D I'm sure Anu and Fatima and Zainu will spam the FC as well just to get you to make another thread! :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakinghowzzat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed's FC (Page 143)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

and yay, I'm up for spamming. :D I'm sure Anu and Fatima and Zainu will spam the FC as well just to get you to make another thread! :P

*air high-five* Mr. Green

Accha, UA's FB page se khabar:

"Drama Update:
Drama On Shoot:
Durr-e-Shehwar

Director:
Haissam Hussain

Production:
Six Sigma and Moomal Production

Cast:
Sanam Baloch
Sameena Peerzada
Qawi Khan

Talat Hussain or Arshad Mahmood
Laila Zubairi
Seemi Raheel
Saba Faisal
Affan Waheed"

Wahhh!  Especially @ bold. That'll be three people on Dastaan who'll be getting back together! And shayed SB ka bhi kuch ban jaaye after a string of disappointing stuff. So looking forward to it. Mash ji, is it an original screenplay or an adaptation?

Edited by make-believe - 30 October 2011 at 1:14pm

nimrahhowzzat

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Is it just me or is Saba Qamar all over the place! Itne saare shows.. first it was Aaminah Sheikh now SQ!! Hadd hai.. now she's Main Chand Si on ARY..

@nimrah: absolutely, bahut zyaada over-use karte hain usko!

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Fatty...it's an original screenplay. Ughhh...HH ke paas koi aur heroin nahin reh gai. SB just irritates me. I'm seriously put off by the HH-SB combo. Not sure if I'll watch this.

howzat...tell me about it. Pehle Ayesha Khan thi, phir Aminah,  Sanam...aur ab SQ. Sach mein had hogai hai!

nimrahhowzzat

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Arey, you guys...this overexposure ends up happening for some of them all of a sudden because of the way the air dates of their shows end up falling together. I think FQ commented on this somewhere too when asked that he was 'everywhere'...it's because they shoot for different shows through a period of time and coincidentally sometimes many of those shows end up going on air together around the same time frame...jaise ke aaj kal FQ ka koi show nahin hai on-air or at least one that I've heard of, so he's shooting and maybe around early next year all of them will start going on air and then it'll be a rush of 'overexposure' again. It's a scheduling thing that can't really be avoided unless the different shows/channels start communicating and reworking their content to accommodate each other and the actors.

Plus, this industry is very small, I guess...especially when it comes to decent actors, or even shows, etc. so many of them are repeated. I don't mind one single bit as long as they can rework themselves and their characters to be refreshing and engaging for the audience. Or maybe it's because I don't watch multiple shows at the same time, so I don't feel like they're everywhere...dunno, somehow it doesn't feel like that big a deal to me! As long as there's quality work being churned out to watch, I'm happy.

Originally posted by incandescence

Fatty...it's an original screenplay. Ughhh...HH ke paas koi aur heroin nahin reh gai. SB just irritates me. I'm seriously put off by the HH-SB combo. Not sure if I'll watch this.

howzat...tell me about it. Pehle Ayesha Khan thi, phir Aminah,  Sanam...aur ab SQ. Sach mein had hogai hai!

Blasphemer! LOL Nahi nahi, Mash...UA ka script hai...koi tukk hi nahi banti ki accha NA ho. If BJ can't ruin the essence and heart of UA's work, phir HH toh usse kahinnn zyada behtar hai. And the SB/HH combo...definitely hear you on that, but I have high hopes for this one due to the writer in question...UA's material can bring SB out of her rut too. 

I read a question someone asked a question about the show on her page...apparently Durr-e-Shehwar is the lead protagonist, and SB will play the younger version while Sameena Peerzada will play the older version!

nimrahhowzzat

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Yeah I know how this scheduling thing works...I have grown up watching Pakistani shows...I don't really mind it either...but it becomes a bit overwhelming sometimes when the actors are foolish enough to do the SAME type of roles. Like see SQ is being typecasted these days. She's a talented actress but I'm a bit annoyed at how she's being used as just a 'pretty' face in every other show. Jahan they want someone oh-so-beautiful and irresistible for men, they pick her.

Aur FQ ki toh baat na karo...no actor, male or female, work as much as he do. Aur sirf acting nahin...koi reality show ho, game show ho...hosting ho, dancing ho...serial ho, long play ho...ab toh he's doing a morning show as well...har jagah yeh banda aap ko nazar ayega. 6-7 years se ab tak mujhey nahin yaad parta aisa mauqa aya ho jab FQ kisi aik bhi channel ya show mein aap ko nazar na aye. But that's all right...not because he chooses his roles wisely (he so does not)...because he brings different variations in all the characters he play..

I know I'll end up watching it. Yeah it was obvious Dur-e-Shehwar would be the lead protagonist as it's a name.

Farah...Ami and I had a longg discussion about Aks...specially about the last scene. Even she thinks that UA is running the present past story in parallel in Aks...if not for anyone else then just for Aks and Chirya. I can't discount the similarities b/w these characters but I don't get it...it's not possible. Plus UA has used that plot device a LOT.

Fatty...So are you planning to read Aks anytime soon?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 01 November 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Dekhtey hain how these shows come up with..

Have you guys seen the new promo on Geo starring Aaminah Sheikh and Adeel Hussain..? Somehow I can't imagine these two as any one else other than Maliha and Junaid when together, they acted so well in Daam, pata nahin how odd will they seem as a couple!

Saba Qamar ke baare mein I have to completely agree, she is really very talented lekin har serial mein she's only taken because she's khoobsoorat.. whether its Maat, JCTJSGG, Main Chand Si or even her show on PTV, Tera Pyaar Nahin Bhooley or sumfin like dat.. Either she gets these types of roles only or she enjoys such stuff only.. Khair lets see. One more thing I fail to understand how Aaminah Sheikh is called ugly in Maat and the same actress is extremely pretty in Umm-e-Kulsoom. Baat mujhe kuch samajh nahin aati.. kisi ke looks mein itni variation kaisay kar sakhe hain.. as per convenience kisi ko bhi khoobsurat ya badsoorat bana dete hain, what's the standard they are using to judge that??

Khair, I saw another promo lol on ARY, AnB productions ka hi hai.. same same faces phir se.. Sana Askari and Sami Khan ke bina toh inka koi bhi drama poora hi nahin hota! Its called Kala Jadoo.. the show looks really creepy. Take a look if you guys get a chance on YT.
(Sana Askari toh comes on mostly all the shows on ARY, channel dalo toh har serial mein wohi hoti hai, Dareecha, Khushboo Ka Ghar, etc. etc.) She's a good actress no doubt lekin pata nahin I get bored seeing the same faces too often.

PTV per Aaminah ka naya play dekha aaj subh, it had Mohib Mirza and Imran Abbas. I think its called Tere Bina, produced by Samina Humayun Saeed and Shahzad Nasib (makers of Neeyat, Akbari Asghari, Kuch Pyar Ka PagalPan). LOL just when you think Aaminah is done with her plays she comes up with another new one! :-)

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Nadia Jamil is in Durr-e-Shehwar as well. Yayyy! Now I'll definitely watch it. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top