Celebrity Fan Clubs

Umera Ahmed's FC - Page 8

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: nimrah

My brother said she's looking a pakki burger type amma to that kid Sophie! πŸ˜†

🀣 πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£

@Daam's ending: Yeah, Sophie is a factor that must be taken into consideration. I think it would be best that Junaid keeps her, after Fizza/Junaid's divorce that is pretty much set in stone now. Although, if Zara and Junaid do get together and Sophie will then of course be with them too, Fizza would still very much be present in their lives (meeting Sophie and all), so that'd be hell.

You guys really think that Fizza wouldn't fight for Sophie's custody? Somehow, her being so ladaki, I just can't imagine that she'll let something go without any fuss πŸ˜† Poor Sophie, na? 

Zara/Maliha being friends again, yep, I don't see it happening. They could become cordial, but I think Zara will forever have the hurt that she experienced as a barrier now. That sadness has very much become a part of her personality...with Maliha, it'll be no different.

This content was originally posted by: incandescence

I'm looking forward for a good Junaid-Maliha confrontation scene too....

Yes! That was one of the moments in the last few minutes of the episode which gave me goosebumps. IMO, Junaid should have said this to her seven years ago. One of the biggest mistakes he committed was not coming to Pakistan to see Zara after he had planned to...if he had come then and had this confrontation with Maliha about what exactly was going on, something could have been salvaged of the situation...he has a strong enough presence to sway his parents and Zara's opinion, so they still could've been together despite Maliha's disapproval.

A neutral/realistic ending would be Zara getting married to Hamayoon Saeed, and Junaid/Fizza getting a divorce. Agree? Or would that be a sad one? πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heaven_view thumbnail
wow Umera Ahmed's FC! that's something i never expected in I-F!
well im an avid reader of umera ahmed since i was very young and continues to be..πŸ˜› she's for sure an spectacular writer and i have learned a hell LOT from her novels.. but ofcourse none can be perfect so i do have certain objections and criticism!

I have also watched doraha and MZZBN! both, undoubtedly, very well-written plays! and recently im NUTS about daam! Damm simply excels..that show has its own league! I personally think none of umera's screenplays can match upto its level..

so guys can i join in?😳

@ make-believe ; Hey are you the same Fatima whom I know since kzk days?😊 Was ftm-ca your previous ID?
Edited by heaven_view - 13 years ago
*sigh* Quotes messing up again, will just have to reply this way:

@Mariam:

Completely agree about the oath scene it happens to be the first scene i had watched of MZZB and the impact was so strong that i ended up watching the whole series!! Ha, that was the first scene I watched too! πŸ˜† It's the most excellent one to pull you right in as well. 

And i dont know who to blame here but i was really hoping to see a Sara/Aarfeen confrontation i mean it could have cleared so many doubts i had regarding Sara's character but kher i still feel the last episode was a bit of let down but since the overall series is remarkable so i can let go of this one weak point. Oh, was there a confrontation between them in the book? It's weird really, because it dragged so much, and the last two episodes were just plain crap...Sara going to live with that weird actor girl πŸ˜• I don't even know what they were trying to achieve through that...Sarwat Gillani was weak in her role as it is, but Lord, the other girl was something else altogether...I was thinking ke yeh namoona kahan se pakad ke laye hain πŸ˜³ It was so pointless and awkward. I agree with you on the fact that MZZBN's concept and punch were good enough to overlook the hitches...mostly the storyline in the past being explored, that was the golden arc of the whole show. 

Oh and talk about being softie i can get emotional for Ekta serials too LOL but i never cried so much for any serial the way i cried in MZZBπŸ˜† Ah, Ekta serials I haven't cried for πŸ˜† She rarely ever manages to make that sentimental connect between character and viewer. There are outliers like Mukti from KZK, but obviously a death is bound to make you sad...it is actually the easiest way to manipulate audience emotions πŸ˜† MZZBN is far superior than any Ekta show in that aspect though...In all aspects actually, even with the dragging πŸ˜†

Btw have u read the MZZB the novel? Oh, I can't read Urdu fluently so that's holding me back. I'll be giving Peer-e-Kaamil a go though. Don't know if I'd like to read the MZZBN novel anymore...it was too heavy duty watching that show once, I don't know if I want to go through that emotional roller coaster once again πŸ˜†

EDIT: Awsome creationsπŸ‘πŸΌ Thank you! 😊

- - - - - - - - - - - -

@heaven_view: Zaara? Hey, it's soooo good to see a Premika from MPKDH active! πŸ€— Excellent that you found this place, join right in πŸ˜› There's lots of people here who've read UA's novels, like Mash (incandescence) and Mariam (virgo_girl), so feel free to discuss her writing too...all the things you like and agree with and those that you don't :P I'd definitely love to read those πŸ˜† Or if you wanna jump into our on-going predictions about Daam, go right ahead (: It's definitely gone very well so far, now waiting to see what happens in the end and of course, hearing more from you! πŸ˜Š

Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG Fatima, your Malaal sigs are so mesmerizing! I love the colouring/effects. :)
AreYaar thumbnail
Wokay so I finished watching three episodes of Malaal.....

First of all I just want to say that this is such a CLASSY show....such classy writing/acting/everything.....the way the story unfolds, it just pulls you in....engages you....no OTT nonsense....

Now coming to the characters.....I honestly think Zeenia is SO beautiful....I don't get the argument about her not being "beautiful" like Danish's mother was saying :S....is it just cuz she's not fair? That's the only standard for beauty? I hate it when ppl do that......stupid desi mentality. Anyways haan so getting back to Zeenia....I really like this actress playing her....she's got such exotic features and she's playing her part very well.

Danish is annoying to me.....I don't think he's ever really loved Zeenia....just used her all his life as a convenient "bai" of sorts who's doing all his chores and managing his life so he can laze around....pathetic.......I totally concur with Lily (whom I really like by the way.....straight shooter....she tells it like it isπŸ‘) on this one....this dude's looking like  a parasite to me too. At first I really thought he didn't have any inclinations of marriage towards Zeenia but he surprised me at the end of the first epi with the "ladki import karni padegi" line....but it's an odd sort of relationship that him and Zeenia have....in which I feel a lot has been taken for granted on both sides.....he takes it for granted that she'll be around to pamper him and do every chore for him all her life while she took it for granted that his dependence on her means that he loves her and will sooner or later marry her whenever he decides to marry....but wow.....she wasted so many years of her life on him....sad....

Mahi.....quite an immature character.....flighty but very typical of stubborn youthfulness which thinks it has it all figured out in life only to be majorly surprised at the hand life deals you with. She seems quite vain....enjoys attention....especially male attention....like that guy over the phone that she was stringing along and then presuming that Danish fell in love with her at first sight.....now after the wedding she's starting to realize that her and Danish are not compatible after all I guess.

And finally coming to Jawad.....really liked his first meeting on the train with Zeenia....so naturally done.....it all felt really realistic....and I liked how he handled the situation after he saw Zeenia crying......another touch I liked was that she didn't give him her real name/profession/number/anything....lol....but he toh kept on talking and managed to cheer her up briefly...sweet :-) And poor guy tried to trace her afterwards also....awww.....lol....I guess destiny will make them meet again soon enough.....interesting how they showed the last shot in epi 3 of both of them being on the same train only a few seats apart but never seeing each other.

Seriously everything in this show is so realistically done....the depiction of the life of desis living abroad.....very nicely done....And what I love is that the plot is multi-layered and has all these interconnected relationships.....the web gets more and more complex with each episode....really enjoying that.

Looking forward to watching the rest soon :-)
Sweet, you watched! 😊 Quick reply before going to bed (:

This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Now coming to the characters.....I honestly think Zeenia is SO beautiful....I don't get the argument about her not being "beautiful" like Danish's mother was saying :S....is it just cuz she's not fair? That's the only standard for beauty? I hate it when ppl do that......stupid desi mentality. Anyways haan so getting back to Zeenia....I really like this actress playing her....she's got such exotic features and she's playing her part very well. IMO, that was just Danish's mom throwing out excuses to put a stop to his train of thought. Rather than beauty,the bigger issue for her was age and how 'old' Zeenia looks. I agree that she has a pleasant face, and the confident, assertive manner in which she acts magnifies that.

Danish is annoying to me.....I don't think he's ever really loved Zeenia....just used her all his life as a convenient "bai" of sorts who's doing all his chores and managing his life so he can laze around....pathetic.......I totally concur with Lily (whom I really like by the way.....straight shooter....she tells it like it isπŸ‘) on this one....this dude's looking like  a parasite to me too. At first I really thought he didn't have any inclinations of marriage towards Zeenia but he surprised me at the end of the first epi with the "ladki import karni padegi" line....but it's an odd sort of relationship that him and Zeenia have....in which I feel a lot has been taken for granted on both sides.....he takes it for granted that she'll be around to pamper him and do every chore for him all her life while she took it for granted that his dependence on her means that he loves her and will sooner or later marry her whenever he decides to marry....but wow.....she wasted so many years of her life on him....sad....Danish and Zeenia shared a relationship of need, I guess. As the plot develops, we go on to see how Zeenia needed him and how Danish needs her is obvious enough from the very first scene of the show. I actually think that if Danish and Zeenia had gotten married without any hiccups, they would have had a successful, happy marriage. Zeenia is someone who loves to give and Danish is someone who loves to take...it works out perfectly. For 10 years, they were as good as married, and they could've spent the rest of their lives like that too. But it's different situations and tests in life that reveal the real mettle of people, and so it'll be that things turn out differently.

Mahi.....quite an immature character.....flighty but very typical of stubborn youthfulness which thinks it has it all figured out in life only to be majorly surprised at the hand life deals you with. She seems quite vain....enjoys attention....especially male attention....like that guy over the phone that she was stringing along and then presuming that Danish fell in love with her at first sight.....now after the wedding she's starting to realize that her and Danish are not compatible after all I guess. I actually found her leading Saify on like that to be very wrong. There can be no excuse of 'naivety' really...she is a grown woman of 21, who surely understands these things well enough by now? He professed his 'love' again and again, but she told him to change topics and continued 'flirting,' when the first thing she should've done is disconnected right when she realized that he was inclining to that sort of a relationship. She grows on you as the show goes on though and this is one character that held up a mirror, made me really think...about stuff.

And finally coming to Jawad.....really liked his first meeting on the train with Zeenia....so naturally done.....it all felt really realistic....and I liked how he handled the situation after he saw Zeenia crying......another touch I liked was that she didn't give him her real name/profession/number/anything....lol....but he toh kept on talking and managed to cheer her up briefly...sweet :-) And poor guy tried to trace her afterwards also....awww.....lol....I guess destiny will make them meet again soon enough.....interesting how they showed the last shot in epi 3 of both of them being on the same train only a few seats apart but never seeing each other. Jawad talks soooooooo much, sometimes I just wanted him to shut up, quite like Zeenia most probably did πŸ˜† I also found him too...forward in his manner of approaching Zeenia on the train, especially asking for her number, striking up conversation like that and all. I know for sure that if a desi student acted like that with me, I would keep my distance, keeping in mind the kind of oafish guys who act like that. But as the show goes on, one learns that Jawad just is like that πŸ˜† And that too very genuinely, with the best of intentions (:

Looking forward to watching the rest soon :-) Looking forward to your comments on it! (:

Edit:

Hey, thanks Sarah! 😊
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: make-believe

You guys really think that Fizza wouldn't fight for Sophie's custody? Somehow, her being so ladaki, I just can't imagine that she'll let something go without any fuss πŸ˜†Poor Sophie, na? Now that you put it like that, I think she might end up fighting for Sophie's custody just because she wants to fight! πŸ˜†

A neutral/realistic ending would be Zara getting married to Hamayoon Saeed, and Junaid/Fizza getting a divorce. Agree? Or would that be a sad one? πŸ˜› Of course that's going to be sad! *outraged muh* πŸ˜† I don't want to see Humayon Saeed again in this show and you want him to end up with Zara?! I'm sick of Humayon Saeed.. And bas, I want Junaid-Zara together. Bas! *stubborn face*

Love your Baaji sig! πŸ˜† The text is just perfect! πŸ˜†
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant review Anu! Loved reading it.. 

I completely agree about Zeenia being beautiful. She's got this charm that you get attracted to her. Like Fatima said, maybe Danish's mom was throwing excuses just because she was opposing the alliance but many of my cousins who have seen this show end up saying that she's not pretty and Sarwat Gillani (i.e Mahi) is more pretty and I was the only one saying that she is really pretty. Once again, thank god for you guys! πŸ˜†

Danish is an idiot! He never loved Zeenia. He just took her for granted and knew that she'll be there for him whenever he'd ask. Poor Zeenia kept on mistaking this for love. If he really loved her, he should have tried a bit harder to convince his mom. This wasn't enough. Hmph! Lol I loved Lily too! She's such a muh phut! Love her dialogues! πŸ˜† I wish Zeenia listened to her.. *sigh*

Mahi, toh I agree that she just loved male attention be it Jawad, Saify or Danish. It was amusing how she suddenly omitted the bhai when Danish's mom brought the rishta.. and kept on bragging in front of her friends how Danish fell in love with her and couldn't stop thinking about her. About Saify, like Fatima said, she just thought it was harmless friendship but when that guy is expressing his love for you again and again, surely you'd try to avoid him if you don't feel the same way. She kinda kept encouraging him.. 

Lol Jawad was such a talkative guy but he was seriously adorable. How he tried to talk to Zenia and cheer her up by giving her chocolate. I could related Zenia not giving her correct number/name et all just after their first meeting. Their future scenes are suuperb to watch as well.. πŸ˜ƒ

Which reminds me, we never got to see Fatima's review on Malaal.. 
AreYaar thumbnail
@Fatty: Mahi's leading on of Saify was obviously wrong, no doubt about that....but what's interesting to watch is the excuses she threw up about it and how her mind works....like I said....she's very immature and just enjoys male attention....so she was enjoying doing timepass with a guy who seemed so taken with her....ironic how this one guy kept on saying "i love you" to her and she never took it seriously while Danish never did but she instantly started telling everyone that he's in love with her and she's in love with him....I guess she was always attracted to him since she did mention that she prefers older guys....and when the rishta came from his house, she instantly presumed that he loved her.....she is vain too like I said....loves praising herself all the time....at this point in the story to me anyways....I'll have more to say I guess when I watch the rest :-) 

LOL as for Jawad....yeah I agree about him being quite forward in that scene....but what made me like the scene were Zeenia's reactions which were SO realistic....he kept on talking and she kept on being polite and trying to keep her distance but he wouldn't shut up only....lol.....and ultimately we the audience as well as Zeenia start to see that his intentions were good after all like you said cuz of the way she stopped him from changing his seat when he offered to after seeing her cry.
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nimrah

Brilliant review Anu! Loved reading it.. Thanks, Nimrah :-)

I completely agree about Zeenia being beautiful. She's got this charm that you get attracted to her. Like Fatima said, maybe Danish's mom was throwing excuses just because she was opposing the alliance but many of my cousins who have seen this show end up saying that she's not pretty and Sarwat Gillani (i.e Mahi) is more pretty and I was the only one saying that she is really pretty. Once again, thank god for you guys! πŸ˜† LOLL you know I was kinda surprised cuz Zeenia doesn't have the typical Pakistani looks I thought....I mean maybe I'm ignorant about all this too but there's this image one has of all Pakistani women being veryyyyyyy fair and beautiful and allπŸ˜†....so I was quite surprised to see a character like Zeenia....she has these exotic sort of features that I wouldn't really associate with being Pakistani.....if she was Indian, I'd have thought she was BengaliπŸ˜†

So that's why when Danish's mom talked about finding a woman for him who's fair and beautiful, I thought that is where the prejudice showed of how society....especially desi society only considers fair women beautiful....and funny how your cousins felt the same tooπŸ˜†....see nothing against the actress playing Mahi....she's quite pretty too....she's got what I would think are those typical Pakistani woman features....especially when she was dressed up as a bride....but I prefer Zeenia....there's an amazing charm about her like you said....and honestly like Jawad said (even if he was being forward in their very first meetingπŸ˜†), she really does have a beautiful voice....it has an attractive quality to it.

Danish is an idiot! He never loved Zeenia. He just took her for granted and knew that she'll be there for him whenever he'd ask. Poor Zeenia kept on mistaking this for love. If he really loved her, he should have tried a bit harder to convince his mom. This wasn't enough. Hmph! Lol I loved Lily too! She's such a muh phut! Love her dialogues! πŸ˜† I wish Zeenia listened to her.. *sigh* Exactly....if he really loved her, he would deffo have tried harder to convince his mother....and honestly I don't respect the fact that he never directly talked about love or a relationship to Zeenia and enjoyed using her selfishly cuz he knew she really cared about him....he had no qualms about making her do allllllllll his chores....LOSER!

Lily is AWESOME....seriously she speaks my mind in every convo with Zeenia.....love her!πŸ˜†

Mahi, toh I agree that she just loved male attention be it Jawad, Saify or Danish. It was amusing how she suddenly omitted the bhai when Danish's mom brought the rishta.. and kept on bragging in front of her friends how Danish fell in love with her and couldn't stop thinking about her. About Saify, like Fatima said, she just thought it was harmless friendship but when that guy is expressing his love for you again and again, surely you'd try to avoid him if you don't feel the same way. She kinda kept encouraging him.. LOL yeah the omission of the 'bhai' bit was amusing to me too....but I also felt it was quite obvious that she liked him from the beginning and the 'bhai' usage was just a term to use for a family friend maybe....doesn't seem like she ever really considered him her brother....and like I was saying to Fatty above, the moment the rishta came from his house and Danish's mother told her that he likes her, all 'bhai wai' terms flew from her mind overnight and she happily started bragging about how he's in love with herπŸ˜†....she really is quite immature and an attention seeker.

Lol Jawad was such a talkative guy but he was seriously adorable. How he tried to talk to Zenia and cheer her up by giving her chocolate. I could related Zenia not giving her correct number/name et all just after their first meeting. Their future scenes are suuperb to watch as well.. πŸ˜ƒ Ditto....I could also relate a lot to that very aspect....that she never gave him her real name/number or anything....but this guy was happy enough to babble on anywaysπŸ˜†....I did feel bad for him when he tried to search for her and call that number but it turned out to be a false one....lol....and yeah the chocolate bit was cute too....looking forward to watching their future ones sooon....I had to stop myself after three epis cuz seriously it was getting too late at night and I needed to go sleep......hoping to find time to watch the next three soon.