Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: incandescence

New show written by Umera: Qaid-e-tanhai

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyhhG6XlKo[/YOUTUBE]

Personally speaking I don't like Babar Jawed but this looks interesting..

Wow, that looks intense. Lots of confrontational scenes with Faisal Qureshi. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the aged role, he played Arfeen well. Babar Jawed is the same guy who directed MZZBN? Then lots of dragging in the form of very, very long scenes should be expected πŸ˜† Is there a synopsis for this story?

I like the title song...it's brittle, but still appealing. 
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Another promo of 'Qaid-e-Tanhai'

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPA3ybjoxEw[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like a pretty complex relationship...

And another one....There are two short dialogue promos at the start and in the end...skip the 'Parsa' promo in the middle...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtHSqj-3UhM[/YOUTUBE]

I like both the promos in the above one...In the first one I know the girl shouldn't talk to her Dadi that way...but as I feel the 'Dadi' is a negative character, I like it...lol. And I like how she says 'Apne bete ko toh le kar gayein honge na aap' to her father in the 2nd promo..totally UA style dialogues!

lololol @ the first promo in the second video. That is one hell of a packed punch πŸ˜† What you call a moo-thod jawab πŸ˜†

Mash, translation help: what does Wujood-e-Laraib mean? 

Was watching some of the related links to the Qaid-e-Tanhai promos...I think I'm going to start watching Mutthi Bhar Mitti...looks interesting.
incandescence thumbnail
Originally posted by: make-believe

Wow, that looks intense. Lots of confrontational scenes with Faisal Qureshi. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the aged role, he played Arfeen well. Babar Jawed is the same guy who directed MZZBN? Then lots of dragging in the form of very, very long scenes should be expected πŸ˜† Is there a synopsis for this story?

I like the title song...it's brittle, but still appealing. 

Yes, Babar Jawed is the same guy. MZZBN was his best work. He directed Umera's 'Man-o-Salwa' too..no...he actually ruined it! I don't like the way he over-dramatize everything. I'm still not over the way he kachrofied 'Man-O-Salwa'. Oh well, he HAS improved since then....

Naaa...As far as I know, there's no synopsis available anywhere.

Lyrics wise it could have been better....but I like the music..

incandescence thumbnail

lololol @ the first promo in the second video. That is one hell of a packed punch πŸ˜† What you call a moo-thod jawab πŸ˜†

Mash, translation help: what does Wujood-e-Laraib mean? 

Was watching some of the related links to the Qaid-e-Tanhai promos...I think I'm going to start watching Mutthi Bhar Mitti...looks interesting.

LOL..Yeah I like that promo too. There's another one that I can't find on the YT. I don't remember the exact dialogues but it was something like this:

Faisal Q to his mother: 'Main is ki aisi tarbiyat toh nahin chahta tha'.....Saba P: 'maa jaisi hai...khoon toh usi ka hai na is main bhi...' Faisal Q: 'Khoon toh mera aur  aap ka bhi hai...'

Ohh Muthi Bhar Mitti was adapted from her novel 15 Aug. They aired it on 23rd March, on Pakistan Day. And they made some changes to it too but I really like it...It was a well made play...

Edit:

As for the meaning of  Wujood-e-Laraib. Wujood means 'self' and Laraib means something that is definite...something we have no doubt about. Actually she's referring to Allah here as Wujood-e-Laraib...a being that we have no doubts about...The play is on the topic of Qisas...it was a bit controversial..
Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
-Faith- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah, she's a bit mysterious. But according to her she doesn't like to be photographed or give interviews. Though I have read three or four interviews by her. Arey Amar Bail was a good start if you are INTO that kind of novel. It has the BEST dialogues. I think the main reason why you won't have liked it much is the whole political/bureaucratic context. And it was a bit too cynical and a bit depressing too...specially the end...but I like the novel. It did portray the harsh reality of the bureaucratic circle of our society... Oho it was you said to me that it was not probably the best one to start off with( I never thought so lol)... But then when I read it wasn't in the book form... digest may qisto may parha tha.... Haan it was a bit too cynical and depressing... nonetheless I did like it.... And as for her enigma is concerned... I actually kind of like that

Hain? What? What!!? I don't remember any of her novels by the name 'Qaid-e-tanhai'.Though my api and I was kinda getting a deja vu feeling after watching the promos.Clarify Zainu, please!
Nahi na wohi tou ami ko vague vague sab yaad hota hai... She is like han mein nay parha shayad yeh yeh thi story... (vaguest possible description of the story bhi) now I asked her about the title if it was same.. She is like nahi kuch aur tha... then she is like shayad yehi thaπŸ˜† ...thanks for sharing the promos... pretty intriguing.... 22nd Oct ko shuru ho raha hai na....

No she just PM-ed me.
Leh share it with us...hum ghareebo nay kya bigada hai I wanted to read her take too.. Haan I m kind of scared too... But I m sure jo bhi ending ho gi it wont be a disappointment..

Oh yes, I'm scared for Daam's fate. I know, I'll like the ending but I want Zara and Junaid to at least get together. Api says it's not a book, so she won't give it a completely non-happy ending but I don't trust Umera's ending somehow. Did you see the new promo? More than Junaid and Zara, I want to see Maliha and Zara coming face to face...ooooohhh...maza ayega!
... :O new promo Zara and Maliha coming face to face.. NO I have not scene that...

No I'm not making a member's list...faida? Faltoo ki listein banao...koi tuk hai kiya?Faida ho ya no.. tuk ho ya na ho...I demand that you add a member list.. Firstly I want to see my name in the first page and secondly and more importantly I want you to do some extra work 😈

Edited by -Faith- - 13 years ago
-Faith- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yay for the FC! Ah, now we have a place to ramble freely. Looking forward to everyone sharing their 2 cents! Yayyy rambling zindabad.... Oh and 2 cents ka sawaal.... as far as I m considered mostly I will be able to share just my chavani athani (A ditto shitto mostly lol)... hey not that I m kanjoos... Just ghareeb not much to shareπŸ˜†

Thank you for making it, Mash! And don't listen to Anu, of course I didn't manipulate you into doing anything, it was all your panka-ness πŸ˜†  LOLL Her pankha-ness and hidden agenda/motivation.... which she has been dropping subtle(not) hints of..... kyun Mash πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Anu, mere aane se pehle hi reputation ke naam pe dhabbe ki dhajiyaan udani shuru kar dein? πŸ˜† πŸ˜› Will wait to see what you'll make of the shows upon watching! I think you'll like them. LOLL Awww AP nay tou kuch nahi kiyaa.... Oh and I really have a confession to make... Fati I am such a pankha of your creations... you AREEEE talented or what..... I chup chaap chori your stuff mazey say... gallery may comment karna gawara bhi nahi kiya.. Was discussing with AP how awesome your stuff... every sig is a piece of art😍 hehehe
Hey Zainu Di πŸ€— Yeah, I finished Malaal on Sunday...just exchanged some thoughts with Mash on it. No special review, but that's what the FC is for now!  Heyyyyy *squishy hugs* Always a pleasure to seee youuu!!πŸ˜ƒ Haan but now on share here.. and let me see if Mash can copy paste it here.. ziyada kasht na ho uss kay liye πŸ˜†

And Sarah, hi! I'm Fatima (: Hope you do add your thoughts on the shows, even though I know lurking can be very tempting πŸ˜† LOLLL lurking 😍😍😍
Sarah did give her views on Malaal in our heartbreakers CC.... one amazing review she wrote

incandescence thumbnail

Ohh Muthi Bhar Mitti was adapted from her novel 15 Aug. They aired it on 23rd March, on Pakistan Day. And they made some changes to it too but I really like it...It was a well made play...[/quote]

I love period dramas and documentaries, and having grown up hearing my grandparents relate about the experience of the partition...it's something that instantly interests me. Doesn't seem too long, will def. get around to seeing it.

[quote]As for the meaning of  Wujood-e-Laraib. Wujood means 'self' and Laraib means something that is definite...something we have no doubt about. Actually she's referring to Allah here as Wujood-e-Laraib...a being that we have no doubts about...The play is on the topic of Qisas...it was a bit controversial..

I think it's excellent that she writes on these subjects and it's not all just one recycled template. And when you write about deeper, more complex stuff, there's bound to be some element of controversy. I saw the trailer on YT, the dialogues by Adnan Siddiqui's character were interesting. The first minute of the trailer is pretty impressive. 
Originally posted by: -Faith-

Yayyy rambling zindabad.... Oh and 2 cents ka sawaal.... as far as I m considered mostly I will be able to share just my chavani athani (A ditto shitto mostly lol)... hey not that I m kanjoos... Just ghareeb not much to shareπŸ˜† Jitna bhi dein, hum dil se kabool karenge πŸ˜† Shart yeh hai ke dena zaroori hai! πŸ˜›

Awww AP nay tou kuch nahi kiyaa.... Oh and I really have a confession to make... Fati I am such a pankha of your creations... you AREEEE talented or what..... I chup chaap chori your stuff mazey say... gallery may comment karna gawara bhi nahi kiya.. Was discussing with AP how awesome your stuff... every sig is a piece of art😍 hehehe Haila, you are defending this nautanki Anu 😲 Dekh liya aapka zalim pyaar πŸ˜› πŸ˜† Ah, you are too sweet, it's the picture in which the art lies...I toh just do some ulti-seedhi harkatein that others can do just as well and even better.

LOLLL lurking 😍😍😍

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†