Page 1 of 150

Page 1
Page   of 150
Page 2 Page 150

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Ummm, I don't make topics..so this is kinda weird...

Anyway, as I and some others here on IF, wanted to discuss shows or books written by Umera Ahmed and needed a place to do that so here it is...

I don't think I can express in limited words the awesomeness of Umera. I have been a fan since I read a book by her, the first time. She has the ability to keep her readers (or viewer these days) spell bounded throughout the story. Her characters are brilliantly sketched, almost as real as we are. Her stories are insightful, sensitive and sensible. There's a meaning to every scene, every dialogue, every gesture. Seriously, hats off to her for getting it ALL right.

I guess now I have to write an intro or Biography of some sort about her. Ok, I'm not that well aware of her personal life and all so I'll just copy n paste it from her FC on FB (Completely useless FC BTW) to get all the facts right. (and because I'm very lazy)

Umera Ahmed (b. December 10, 1976, Sialkot, Pakistan) and is a Popular fiction Urdu novelist and screenplay writer based in Sialkot, Pakistan who is best known for authoring the book Peer-e-Kamil and the TV serial Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan.

Umaira Ahmed completed her masters in English from Murray College. Her initial stories were published in monthly Urdu digests such as 'Khawateen Digest' and 'Shuaa'. Her stories were published in episodic format every month in various digests and are eventually released as separate novels.

Umaira Ahmed was an English language lecturer at Army Public College Sialkot. She taught for quite some years but quit teaching a few years ago in order to give full attention to her novels.

She has authored 16 books comprising novels, compilations of short stories, and plays. Her novels explore societal problems particularly the role of women in the society. Her novels mostly contain South Asian cultural issues (primarily focusing on Pakistani societal issues).

Additional info that I got to know from her interviews:

She recently, before writing Doraha, did a short course in screenplay writing from US and it seems as if she has completely become a screenplay writer now. It has been 4 years since she last wrote a novel or short story (one that we could read).

Books by her, again from her FC on FB: (I have bolded the ones that are adapted for TV plays.)

Authored Books

• Meri Zaat Zarra Benishan
  • Peer e Kamil
  • Lahasil
  • Hasil
  • Amar Bail
  • Man-o-salwa
  • Husna Aur Husn Ara
  • Mein Ne Khawabon Ka Shajar Dekha Hai
  • Muthi Bhar Matti
  • Libas
  • Darbar-e-Dil
  • Thora sa Aasman
  • Sauda
  • Hurf say Nufz Tuk
  • Wapsi
  • Hum Kahan Kay Suchay Thay
  • Iman Umeed aur Muhabat
  • Zindigi Gulzar Hai
  • shehar-e-zaat

Playwright

• Doraha (2009)
  • The Ghost (2009)
  • Malal (20092010)
  • Meri Zaat Zarra-E-Benishan
  • Daam

Info missing:

Her first playwright was 'Wujood-e-Laraib' made on the topic of 'Qisas'

So, well, everyone who has ever read her stories or watched shows written by her and is a fan can join in. Even if you are not exactly a fan of her or even being a fan if you want to criticize any aspect of her writings, you are welcome to do so here...as long as the discussions are 'healthy' and there are no personal attacks on the writer.

Phew!

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

H.shahark93spicySugar..Ridamneets_ltlcutegirl94-sourire-Praise...rose-girlDivineRealm--Mehak--imzziWarda.-shabz-AnnaNAshleyssaba-Hina-pigbelly4myfeetRafz-Grace-sarah1024nimrah-Fivr-virgo_gurlLadyMcbeth-Faith-burgerchaapkabeeraspeaking-Zarwulicious--Maha-..Adeena..serendipity.-Fatima-AreYaarnotfadedawayTony_StraK786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed's FC" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:58am | IP Logged
New show written by Umera: Qaid-e-tanhai

Personally speaking I don't like Babar Jawed but this looks interesting..

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ark93rose-girlcutegirl94--Mehak--Sadia.khan-shabz-nimrahRafz-Faith-kabeeraspeaking-Fatima-notfadedaway

sarah1024

IF-Rockerz

sarah1024

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:02am | IP Logged
That was an absolutely fantastic introductory post, Mash! You need to make topics more often! Clap

I probably won't have a lot to add to the discussions here but it would be a good place to lurk. :P

So Meri Zaat Zarra-E-Benishan was written by Umera? I remember my aunt mentioned last week that she was following it on YT. She said it was an outstanding show. I was watching Malaal at the time so I didn't pay attention to that show. If you've watched it and it's good, I'd like to give it a try. I'll watch Daam once its last episode airs. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cutegirl94Rafz-Grace-nimrah-Faith-kabeeraspeaking

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Great intro, Mash! And yeah great achievement for you to actually manage to open an FC....Fatty the maha lazy person swindled you into doing this job I'm sure....khud toh woh kabhi koi kaam karne bhi nahin waali :P

Anywhoo so ermm....I don't really have anything to say here yet since I haven't watched any of her shows yet.....but they are on my must-watch list....will try to get to them soon and then hopefully have something worthwhile to say......Yay for thic FC.....I can aaraam se nikaalo my dil ki bhadaas then....lol.....thanks for opening it :-)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahkabeeraspeakingvirgo_gurl-Faith-

-Faith-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Faith-

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Mash *pulls cheeks* @I dont make topics so this is kind of weird....

Well I actually did read her work in those digests/risaley lol 'Khawateen digest'/'Shua' etc.... My mother used to read them once upon a time....and initially I couldn't get myself to read them but I think meray exams thay college may koi and everything else seems tempting so did these risaley and that was when I started to read them too...

And ya I can also say been a fan since I read something written by her the first time tho it was not the best choice (Amar Bail) to start with as you said... But still this woman is immensly immensly talented!!!Star And though I haven't researched or googled on her ever.. But from those digests I remember she was always very enigmatic.. interviews kam hotay thay.. picture kabhi nahi deti thi.. I don't think she has also given any televized interview either.. So that adds to the mystery and enigma that surrounds her personality...

LOL Kudos to Fati for motivating you to open this FC... I forgot to mention in the CC but Sarah's take on Malaal.. was awesomeClap... and Bang on! You and Nimrah already replied so well.. All I can say is Ditto..

Baqi ya looking forward to Qaid-e-Tanhayi... incidentally my mother has also read its novel however once again she doesn't accurately remember details...

Fati finished off Malaal? She posted her take? Her gallery? lol

Oh and am eagerly awaiting for Daam's next episode.. And as you were saying about the endings of her novels/plays....I know am pretty aware of those unexpected shocks she gives in the end... and which is why the endings are not always technically 'happy'..

Also waiting for AP to finish watching Malaal and Daam so I can get to read her views about it... She describes and analyses everything just so perfectlyDay Dreaming

PS: If you do decide to make a 'member list' or something... Add meLOL

Edited by -Faith- - 05 October 2010 at 12:08pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--Mehak--nimrahkabeeraspeaking

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarah1024

That was an absolutely fantastic introductory post, Mash! You need to make topics more often! Clap

I probably won't have a lot to add to the discussions here but it would be a good place to lurk. :P

So Meri Zaat Zarra-E-Benishan was written by Umera? I remember my aunt mentioned last week that she was following it on YT. She said it was an outstanding show. I was watching Malaal at the time so I didn't pay attention to that show. If you've watched it and it's good, I'd like to give it a try. I'll watch Daam once its last episode airs. 

Oh, knowing you Sarah, I won't recommend MZZBN to you. Or if you do watch it, watch it with least expectations...Take my advice, watch Daam.

No thanks, I'm not making any more topics. This toh I did to prove my phanka-ness...

sarah1024nimrahvirgo_gurl-Faith-

sarah1024

IF-Rockerz

sarah1024

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
@ Mash - Chalo koi baat nahi, I'll go for Daam if MZZBN isn't of my type.

LOL @ you proving your pankha-ness!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Faith-

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Great intro, Mash! And yeah great achievement for you to actually manage to open an FC....Fatty the maha lazy person swindled you into doing this job I'm sure....khud toh woh kabhi koi kaam karne bhi nahin waali :P

Anywhoo so ermm....I don't really have anything to say here yet since I haven't watched any of her shows yet.....but they are on my must-watch list....will try to get to them soon and then hopefully have something worthwhile to say......Yay for thic FC.....I can aaraam se nikaalo my dil ki bhadaas then....lol.....thanks for opening it :-)

@Bold...Hmmm...she kinda did. I feel sooo manipulated. Oh well, I'll sure make HER do SOME work to compensate making a maha lazy person like me work.

You know she likes Malaal enough to at least make some sigs and avis and then I'm sure she'll be generous enough to share them.

nimrah-Faith-kabeeraspeakingAreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top