Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

rianicia

Goldie

rianicia

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 6:09am | IP Logged
For the fans who mourned the end of boy wizard's adventures, author J K Rowling has hinted that 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' may not be the end of the bespectacled hero.

The author said though she found it hard to cope with the overwhelming success of the books, she will miss being 'consumed' by the wizardry world and has the future of the characters already mapped out in her head, the Daily Mail reported.

"I could definitely write an eighth, ninth and tenth. I'm not going to say I won't. I don't think I will. I feel I am done, but you never know," Rowling told Oprah Winfrey. The author says completing the seventh and the final book in the 'Harry Potter' series was like 'bereavement' to her and made her cry.

"The end was huge, like a bereavement. Although I knew it was coming we all know the people we love are mortal, we know it's going to end - you can't prepare yourself for it. I was in a slight state of shock.

"Initially I was elated, but then there came a point I cried and I have only ever cried once before in my life - and that was when my mother died. It was uncontrollable and I'm not a big crier," Rowling said.

In her first ever interview with US chat show queen, Rowling, who became one of the richest women in UK with the success of 'Harry Potter', said that she started writing the books to cope with her mother's death.

"I never told my mother about it, I would have done - I know she would have liked it. But I regret it hugely. The books wouldn't be what they are if she hadn't died. Her death is on virtually every other page of the Harry Potter books. If she hadn't died I don't think it's too strong to say there wouldn't be Harry Potter," an emotional Rowling said.

The 45-year-old lost her mother Anne to multiple sclerosis in 1990, six months after she began writing the superhit book series. Rowling said that the astounding success of the books, which were adapted into blockbuster films, reached such heights that it scared her.

"At the time I felt a need to deny how great the pressure was because that was my way of coping. It happened so fast for me and it shouldn't have happened. This was a children's book. I went from utter obscurity. It was like being a Beatle.

"At that point I kept saying to people 'Yes I'm coping'. The truth was, there were times when I was barely hanging by a thread," she said. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows', the final movie in the hit franchise starring Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, has been split into two films. The first installment hits cinemas next month.

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

swathy3DeizyAnushaMioneannu02RehanismMehar23ElusiveDevotionRuhani..RatiG-.nandini.-RapierAnotherAdmirer_xCIOT_MagixXshe_ratchetOlicityFancityoflightstingtingteedingspiritcrimsonLeenasmgJungli Billiherms_angel....Poojie....myownarea-Fatima-notfadedaway

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Harry Potter will continue, says JK Rowling" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged
That's interesting, thanks for the article!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

....Poojie....

IF-Stunnerz

....Poojie....

Posted: 04 October 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for sharing!! Big smileBig smile

prachi_poorvi

Goldie

prachi_poorvi

Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged
If she ll continue.. Great newsBig smile

After the last chapter (before epilogue).. I wanted some kind of summary of what all happened after the war ended.. did the trio attend school..what all happened in the ministry etc...

19 years later wasnt sufficient to answer all of it..

though..we got to know tid-bits from JKR s interviews..like hermione attended etc....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rapierherms_angel

_xCIOT_

IF-Rockerz

_xCIOT_

Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged
thnx for sharingSmilesounds gr8Smile

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 10 October 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article

Rapier

IF-Rockerz

Rapier

Posted: 10 October 2010 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
god i hope she continues to write them. i grew up with harry. he was my childhood. he can't leave me all alone now.Disapprove the magic can't cease. let it go on and on. thanks for the article by the way!Smile

Edited by Rapier - 10 October 2010 at 7:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Parachute.

annu02

IF-Dazzler

annu02

Posted: 12 October 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
tnx 4 sharingg

Post Reply New Post

Go to top