Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Candy-

IF-Dazzler

-Candy-

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Heyy ppl =)

I keep visiting dis forum nd im mostly a silent reader...I love reading books nd it is gud to kno so many ppl are interested nd keep recommening books nd talking nd all....i guess dis is my first topicc so its abt recommend a love story....I myself as reading books love reading LS mre...im a teenager so i usd 2 read small books be4 like enid blyton nd all bt nw wen twilight saga was released i read it so it was my first novel...aftr dat im interested in LS only thought twilight relle sucked...*no offence* 
In love stories cecelia ahern writes gr8 ...i hav read her books like where rainbows end nd ps i love u..nd evn nicholas sparks is awesomee...the way sparks writes jus brings tears alwayss...so here guyz recommend any nicee love story u like nd u hav read be4...also say wich books u like nd wich authors are nice for u...=)

Thnx 4 ur tymm =D

Luv
-Candy-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommend a Love Story" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 03 October 2010 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Hi Candy!

My first novel reading happened when I was 12, I started with Pride and Prejudice and only after reading it four times did I understand it all. LOL

If you want to read realistic love stories with modern English then I suggest, you should read Erich Segal's Love Story and Chetan Bhagat's Two States. I am personally fond of neither, they are just about okay but I feel, you should give em a try.

Nicholas Sparks is like GOD of romantic novelists! I recently read his The Last Song and trust me, his words are magical and have got a special ring to them in spite of being very simple. I could visualize the characters and I was totally into it while I read! You should go through the list of his novels, read the summaries and pick out the ones of your taste, I am sure you'd enjoy em.

And if you want to read period and epic romance with extremely difficult vocab, then you should go for Shakespeare and Jane Austen. These two authors were the best of their own periods. You should try reading Shakespeare's works in a modified and easy form first, if you like the stories, go ahead and read the literal version. And Jane Austen has written some of the finest romantic comedies, with a pinch of everything. You should definitely give them a try!

-Kanky

Edited by -Kanky- - 03 October 2010 at 1:00am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12-Candy-Nishitaraomiss_bennetpooja_lAubade.

pooja_l

IF-Rockerz

pooja_l

Posted: 03 October 2010 at 2:08am | IP Logged
I second @-Kanky- Nicholas sparks and Jane Austen's romantic novels are just awesome....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

SobtiObsession

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 October 2010 at 6:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aubade.epiphany.

-Candy-

IF-Dazzler

-Candy-

Posted: 04 October 2010 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Thnx guyzz for replying....i would go for nicholas sparks coz his stories melt my heart...nd im nt too fond of shakespear ...he jus spins my head wiid his words...hehee  nd abt othrs...thnx for recommending...i want a story like wich is relle gud evn by ur thoughts...i dun wanna give tries...too lazy....hahaha...thnx again =)

l_a_r_aAubade.

sourpuss

IF-Dazzler

sourpuss

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 October 2010 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Nicholas Sparks is definitely awesome.

Have you tried Wuthering Heights? It's a really twisted love story, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless. Another messed-up love story is Dickens' Great Expectations.

Also, Lurlene McDaniel, I don't remember if her books are love stories, but they're really good too. She's more of a young adult writer, I'm not sure what age-type you're looking for...Embarrassed

I shall keep replying everytime I remember another one! :D

Love,
Bhav (:

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12-Candy-lola610Aubade.

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 04 October 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
^^ So glad you mentioned Lurlene Macdaniels before I did, Bhav Big smile She wrote this really beautiful one called I'll Be Seeing You that I'd recommend to romance readers of any age... keep the tissue box handy though Cry And of course Sparks... The Wedding is the somewhat lighter sequel to The Notebook, it's really sweet and the characters are awwww Day Dreaming And his True Believer is also really nice. Will think of more and be back Big smile

tanya12Aubade.

Sex.Direction

IF-Rockerz

Sex.Direction

Posted: 05 October 2010 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
-Dear John-
-The Last song-

By: Nichlos Sparks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Candy-

Post Reply New Post