1/10: The End Of An Era-Glad yet Grateful

nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Alas the news has been confirmed...

I won't give any episode updates here, this is purely a message in which I appreciate the three years of the show.

I suppose in the end you always think of the beginning, it's exactly what I did, and all I remember is Riddhima's narration in the first episode, certain classic dialogues such as, "Bullseye...Can we have the ball please?", Champ and his "female (flower) friends", Anjy as the competitive and jealous big sister and Sapna, a good Gujrati girl who wanted to be independent and successful careerwise, yet at home, her parents were chasing her to get married. Anyone having 'been there done that' moments here? The show was so relateable and instantly everyone connected.
 In 2007, I fell in love with this show, I may not have agreed with the storyline many times and even got annoyed when something was shown on screen, for example when Rahul and Muskaan were first introduced as the twist in the AR love story. Yet look how that panned out, the characters made and left their own mark and are still remembered and missed as one of the best couples of DMG. No matter how much I disliked certain episodes or certain twists, I still couldn't hold back from watching the show....and I'm sure many would agree.

DMG has been an absolute rollercoaster ride, you can love it, you can hate it but you can't ignore it. Sometimes, some scenes were so identical to those of bollywood movies, viewers would cringe (but I bet secretly you all loved them on your fave DMG couples πŸ˜›), yet otherwise, DMG was a breath of fresh air. Fresh from the Ekta kapoor saas-bahu, fresh as a hospital based drama (only following from Sanjeevani: A medical boon) and with lots of fresh faces/fresh characters.
DMG taught alot of lessons too, although focusing on the social/ love lives of the characters, it never missed an opportunity for awareness of the many things which were happening nationally or worldwide.
Thank you for the journey, DMG won the hearts of trillions all over the world, it's going to be weird when it ends...

Thank you to the Creative Team and your unit 2007-2010
Thank you for:
Respected- Dr. Shashank Gupta with Dr. Kirti, Dr. Shubhankar, Nurse Lovely and all the supporting characters.
⭐️And to the shining stars:
 Armaan Malik, Riddhima Gupta/Modi, Anjali Gupta, Atul Joshi, Sapna, Muskaan Chadda, Rahul Grewal, Nikita Malhotra, Abhimanyu Modi, Siddhanth Modi, Yuvraaj Singh, Tamana Patil, Naina, Jai Prasad, Jiggy and Shilpa Malhotra.

πŸ‘ Of course, hats off to all the actors who played their respective roles, for not one but all I just have to say:
Did DMG make you what you are, or were you the reason DMG became what it is today?
Thanks for such a great batch of actors, I suppose it's gna be a shame when DMG finishes, when will we see you all together like that again?
Thanks for giving us the reason to start fan pages and appreciation threads and dedications to you and your respective "other" co-star, thank you for working so hard that whilst you lived the character, we sat at home watching the screen living it along with you, laughing when you laughed, crying when you cried, blushing when you got embarassed, hating when you got angry. The number of numerous fans you got just shows how much people love you and your work.

And yeah, (almost forgot!!)

I'd like to add a great big fat thanks to us, the viewers, had it not got any attention, the show would have fallen flat on its face!...And boy did we give it attention!πŸ˜‰
 Course characters were "disliked" in the show but, otherwise every character did have its own fan following and was somehow appreciated and adored and applauded in the show...
 So a big congratulations to you guys for making the show as successful as it is today! Big jhappi to y'all!

I say I'm grateful that the show is finishing cause it had to end sometime right? Episodes would get repetitive, characters are ruined and what is left is just a bitter memory.

So lets just call it a wrap before the going gets tough! 😊

Love and luck to all the members of the IF DMG forum.
Leave comments please, and of course.... no bashing!!

Xx
Edited by nm21 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome post !!πŸ‘

I guess this is goodbye to the show which touched our hearts in such a beautiful manner. The journey commenced in August 2007 and ends in October 2010.

Although i didn't agree with the storyline many times but as  it is said,i have no hard feelings in the end. All is well that ends well.
Riddhima and Armaan started of as two interns at each other's throats but at the end of the day,he was a guy where she was a girl. Love had it's possibilities abd those possibilities bloomed. We experienced many fights,disagreements,special moments and most of all,love.

Dill Mill Gayye is truly an era and i have a strong feeling this show will be remembered till the end of time. It was something different. It was historical. We have gone through a journey of 700 episodes and i hope we gladly cover the small path of the last 10 episodes. May God bless all the actors and i hope they come onscreen once again on tv.
Love to all.

Edited by Wafa_94 - 13 years ago
MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I have lots to say..And I guess I can do that in your post...
DMG started for me the day I saw KaSh Jungle episode.I had seen the promos earlier but it didnt interest me ,more so coz of lead being Sharad(of KZK fame) and the female lead didnt look interesting too.But I saw that episode and I was hooked.DMG became my daily doze of my relaxation,entertainment,joy and happiness.Even though at that time I still wasnt happy with SA acting but KaSh chemistry was undeniable and I had fallen in love with Armaan like all other teenage girls.That was the best period of DMG ,for me atleast.And then Shilpa left and I realised that it wasnt Armaan I like or even Riddhima ,No it was KaSh for me.I was in literal terms devasted.
I hated Sukriti at first sight.And that was a mistake ,I shouldnt have been this judgemental.But whatever coz of this DMG could never be what it was for me then.i still used to watch it ,here and then,for RM ,for AN,for AA..
And then Jen came .I liked her .I liked KaJen but DMG had stopped being what it used to be for me long time back so those feeling were completely gone.The track was inconsistent and I couldnt connect.And then the shooting happened AR ended and I was heart-broken not as much as when SA left but still much the same.
And then came SR for me,they were as good as KaSh for me.I was instantly in love with them but not as madly as before(guess it was the age factor)
I loved all their cute fights.i loved the idea of Second chance .I could connect to it ..It was the right age and time for me.They were the realistic couple ,something I was looking for in Indian tv.I still love them and still value what they had.
But then  the story deterioted offscreen problems turned to bigger mess onscreen.they didnt know what to show.There was too much fan presure and DMG collapsed.
I am glad it's ending..I really am.

PS:Wonderful post.
Edited by MagicalKash - 13 years ago
mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yep ...gotto say we cant ignore it...........gave us some wonderful momnets...but sadly ruined it in the edn....
its sad that this show that had so much potential....ended so badly...with majority wishing that it would end....and that is what it will be remembered for sadly.

wonderful post.
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

hi

nice post

dmg surely had it momments,

but its a pity cvs destroyed they own creations, they made a mockery of marraige, love, characters, relationships etc

norzar

jesss. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Nice post!
We have had wonderful times in DMG as well as Bad times........

nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks to all for commenting :) Agree with every word written!

xxx
Nikhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
This is such a fantastic post!

It really is an end of an era, but the DMG team deserves a huge Thank You! πŸ˜ƒ
Nikki_C thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post !
Have loads to say, so well here goes...
I discovered DMG in March 2009, and went back and rediscovered this show. I instantly fell head over heels in love with Armaan-Riddhima and KaSh. Yessir, there were several times when i didn't approve of the tracks and happenings, yet i couldn't help not watching the show. The characters and couples were all unique and i could somewhat connect to it.
For better or for worse, DMG will always be remembered.
It was very VERY different although i definitely have some good and bad memories with it.
I do salute Cinevistaas because honestly,
I don't know HOW they did it but to keep a show like this running for 3 years is definitely an achievement, because it had lost momentum in the first year :|
This show gave us a team of amazing actors and beautiful couples that still have huge fan followings even if they are not present on the show todaay.
I do love Dill Mill Gayye and it will definitely be remembered by me. It has left it's mark.
More words from me on the last episode...😳
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
A  very nice n neutral post....

Yes.............DMG was indeed a show that we can say..........like it......hate it.......but u cant ignore it......
It was indeed a beautiful......fresh new concept and got viewers hooked with this freshness of story n ofcourse the chemistry of that actors did wonders.......

However.........its truly sad that DMG is not actually ending on a very good note........meaning.......this is prolly the first show I have come across that ppl were actually demanding it to be closed immediately........

This show defo still had potential to go for atleast another 6 months n then ending with a smoother note..........but this end was rather abrupt .......and that just shows that 1 wrong decision taken at crucial points (which is very likely to happen when there is lots of pressure from every angle)..........can crush down the entire castle.........

So ya..........all said n done.........I will defo thank the makers n all the actors who were part of this show to make it to where it stands today with all their hard work.......

Sadly tho....it will be remembered more for its sad demise than its beautiful beginning...........