Harry Potter

Draco Malfoy: Understanding him (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 10 October 2010 at 3:15pm | IP Logged

I did not think much about the character of Draco Malfoy initially. But I guess the way he turned out to be was due to his upbringing.

I especially liked his character transition in HBP from being proud and boastful  to being scared and less confidant.

I especially liked his friendship with moaning Myrtle where he is said to be unafraid of sharing his feelings or crying in front of Myrtle.

Edited by S.Stephy - 10 October 2010 at 3:24pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Draco Malfoy: Understanding him (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 10 October 2010 at 3:21pm | IP Logged

Sorry double post

Edited by S.Stephy - 10 October 2010 at 3:23pm

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 10 October 2010 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Are you a Draco fan?

Yes, to be honest. I like him b'coz Tom is good looking. LOL
But otherwise also, he is funny and stuff at times. Irritating at times too..But then, Slytherins are really lovable according to me. Well, not all, but the few main ones like- Draco, Bellatrix, Voldy. LOL
Call me foolish or whatever, but I love them. Can't ignore them, lollzzz..ROFL

Do you think Draco redeemed himself in the end?

No, I don't think so. He turned out to be a coward, or a twitchy little Ferret, lollzzzz...ROFL
But that's how he is. He did acknowledge Harry & Co.'s presence at the railway station after that 19 yr leap part, but that's about it. He was sketched in such a way..
Coward, fickle, time-servers..That's how Slyzzz are, lol. ROFL
How many Slytherins could redeem themselves except for Snape?
That's their beauty, lolzzzz...LOL

Did anyone wish for a friendly buddy-buddy moment between Draco and Harry ?

Lol, I did. But both sides didn't take the initiative, so all fine. It doesn't matter. I enjoyed their rivalry better. Sometimes, it just spices up things, lolzzz. Wink

Like, for eg:- What is Tennis without Federer vs Nadal rivalry? That's how Draco vs Harry was. Wink

Do you feel Draco is the way he is because of his upbringing?

Definitely. There is this Nature vs Nurture theory going around. Nature says that your behavior is determined by your genes, and Nurture says that your upbringing, environment have an effect on your behavior. In Draco's case, it's a bit too much of both. So obviously. Smile

Edited by Ashrozia - 10 October 2010 at 3:34pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top