Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 30 September 2010 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
When I was younger, I despised him...I never thought of him as more than a spoilt brat who blindly acts at the command of his father's wishes, a bully and an unpleasant character. I simply couldn't stand him. But now that I've read the books again, and especially after the sixth book...I'm getting more and more curious about him and trying harder to understand him......I find myself intrigued by his character.

Are you a Draco fan? Do you think Draco redeemed himself in the end? Did anyone wish for a friendly buddy-buddy moment between Draco and Harry (if not someone too buddy-buddy, then maybe a sweet moment like between Dudley and Harry..which reminds me..wish we had seen more of him) Do you feel Draco is the way he is because of his upbringing? I've never really understood him and his motivations actually....he just confuses me a lot.

So wanted to know what most people here think of Draco Malfoy...I just randomly felt like discussing him. Plus, i know someone like him in real life. Ditto. LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

..Labyrinth..chhiltcityoflightsRafa.LunaPotter..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Draco Malfoy: Understanding him" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Neelambari..

IF-Stunnerz

Neelambari..

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Draco Malfoy......hmmm.......I am not at all a fan of his......but i believe that each and everybody ahas some positive and negative sides for which I am writing here about him........it's obvious that since his father is a death-eater and he is in the house of  Slytherin, he is bound to follow the dark steps.....however, he is just a boy who has been forced to follow and accomplish dark horrible deeds......he himself hesitated to do such things.for e.g. Voldemort asked him to kill Dumbledore, but though he disarmed him, he hesitated to kill him......he was obviously jealous of Harry for getting all the attention.....but well in the end he was just a boy who was manipulated and nothing more..........

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionchhiltRafa.LunaPotter

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 01 October 2010 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

When I was younger, I despised him...I never thought of him as more than a spoilt brat who blindly acts at the command of his father's wishes, a bully and an unpleasant character. I simply couldn't stand him. But now that I've read the books again, and especially after the sixth book...I'm getting more and more curious about him and trying harder to understand him......I find myself intrigued by his character.

Considering everything, I did somewhat like his character... I disliked him when he was being much too arrogant and especially when he bullied people but otherwise I liked him... I felt desperately sorry for him in HBP though... I think that book was the one in which I felt that Draco was someone to keep an eye on because that was the book in which we got to explore his character a little more.

Are you a Draco fan? Do you think Draco redeemed himself in the end? Did anyone wish for a friendly buddy-buddy moment between Draco and Harry (if not someone too buddy-buddy, then maybe a sweet moment like between Dudley and Harry..which reminds me..wish we had seen more of him) Do you feel Draco is the way he is because of his upbringing? I've never really understood him and his motivations actually....he just confuses me a lot.

Draco's upbringing is the main reason why he is the way he is... I mean, all he's ever seen in his entire life is how his father treats other people. It's natural that he would do the same, especially if no one took the trouble to explain the difference between what's right and what's wrong. As for the part about how he bullies people, I think he did that because he sought attention... even though he was an only child, he never got much attention from his father and by bullying other people I think he was trying to prove to his father that he could be arrogant and snooty and think himself above people just like his father.

So wanted to know what most people here think of Draco Malfoy...I just randomly felt like discussing him. Plus, i know someone like him in real life. Ditto. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 5:22am | IP Logged
He is hot LOL

KSG_qubool_hai

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 10:06am | IP Logged

When I was younger, only a few of the books were released, and then Draco was such a young character. I knew more about him might be said later on, so I didn't really dislike or like him.

I'm not exactly a fan, but I don't hate him. I like him as a character, because he was interesting. I don't really remember what happened with him at the end, except for the epilogue. I do wish they talked more in the epilogue than just the nod. And yes, because he was always surrounded by his father, and he's never really seen good in his life. He was raised like that, and also raised with a lot of pressure. I think that inside, he was going through a lot and he bullied people because he needed somebody to take it out on. Not only that, but he was never really raised to be nice.

So wanted to know what most people here think of Draco Malfoy...I just randomly felt like discussing him. Plus, i know someone like him in real life. Ditto. LOL Me too LOL Nice question btw. I'm not sure if I answered it right, but whateverLOL

Edited by aishi.muffin - 02 October 2010 at 10:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion..RamKiJanaki..

prachi_poorvi

Goldie

prachi_poorvi

Posted: 07 October 2010 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Draco was a mean-mean person in the first 5 books..
I liked the way his character developed in 6th.. He "growed up"....  earlier he  boasted about his blood status 

But in the 6th book he comes to know how difficult it is to do dark lord s bidding...
He s shown to be terrified of Greyback..he is NOT a killer.....as DD said....

In the 7th too he completely loathes dark lord..cant look up at him is forced to do his bidding do all cruel things like cruciatus curse etc..he is not like her aunt Bellareix ..to love doing curses..
he fails to recognize harry..hermione in malfoy manor...

yes I wanted the enimity b/w him & harry to decrease..

and in 19 years later..they nod at each other.. thats good

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 October 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Did anyone wish for a friendly buddy-buddy moment between Draco and Harry

I did wish for that actutally!Clap But it never came.Cry You know, when I read the books, I always despised Snape (and still somewhat do), but I never despised Draco. I thought he was annoying, but I always liked him at the same time and really wished he and Harry had become friends.Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

prachi_poorviElusiveDevotionRafa.LunaPotter

Post Reply New Post

Go to top