Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
obviously, it's not... none of the all time blockbusters are all that great... but entertainers work at the box office... doesn't matter how lacking the script might be... if the movie is different, and entertaining, then it works... i prefer wanted... it at least had a better story... but to each their own...

every movie has it's fault... it's bollywood after all... none of the movies are perfect... even 3 idiots has it's faults, so does MNIK, so does Ghajini, and so does Rajneeti and every other blockbuster i can think of...  😛😛

p.s.  people need to stop being so defensive about it... not everyone is going to like your favourite's movies... it's not a big deal... 😛
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rdfan

Most movies that work offer nothing new so why single out one .....

so true..! 
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: desigal90

Thank god. I thought i was hte only one.

I didnt like it at all!

My views on Dabanng are simple. take Salman out of it, and you have NOTHING.

Salman was fantastic, the film was...NOT.

I so agree .. Salman was heart n soul of the movie .. take him out n the movie will crumble !

I wud say it was the movie for the masses😛

Anyway .. i m happy tht it worked for Salman :)

Taify thumbnail
Originally posted by: Somii

movie basic purpose is to entertain people and if it is doing that then it must be good movie and dabanng is exactly doing that.
 people are coming out of cinema satisfied after watch dabanng and thinking it worthed their money.it is masala movie not trying to teach u something.
dabanng focus is on characters rather then story .story is same old but presentation is aweseome in dabanng. how many movies u watch and after u remember chacter name and dialogues. i think very very few.offcourse i agree salman is the best part of dabanng  but others actors also played fair part .music is awesome and above all very very catchy dialogues .
 if majority people liking the movie  then it must be a good movie na😆

I don't know where this majoriy is. Honestly?

I have yet to find one person who says... Dabang rocks !

They all watched it cause of the hype( God knows where it came from)
priya185 thumbnail
the story was good not amazing
the story in my opinion was just chulbul's life adventures
sallu made it what it is
and i liked sonakshi
every1 in the cinema i went to liked the film all cheering and passing +ve comments
in WRF people only said -ve stuff. in comparision to tht i liked dabangg much much more entertaining wise and even story(seeing as i foudn wrf the same as stepmom other then the last 2 scenes)    

Zareena thumbnail
If you take out the leading actor, it never works out. I loved the movie. Salman was freaking awesome, probably his BEST performance. He got the dialogue, proper look and great character to play. Comedy, Action and romance all together.
Somii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Taify

I don't know where this majoriy is. Honestly?

I have yet to find one person who says... Dabang rocks !

They all watched it cause of the hype( God knows where it came from)

ru serious 😆
no movie can make money only on hype . may be u remember kite and ravan.
dabanng has made 130 cr in india and 80 cr overseas  2nd after 3 idiot. and it is still going strong bec people like it
what more prove u want .it is ok if u did not like the movie .not everybody have same taste.
dabanng craze in cinema People goin crazy..dancing,whistling...amazing
Edited by Somii - 13 years ago
Somii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
there is nothing to fight here.every person  have different taste and style .some people like serious cinema and some like light movies.
if u dont like movie just dont watch it but dont pass judgment for others.
Zareena thumbnail
Does anyone remember how much Hype did Kank had?? It did become a hit only because lack of the script. So you can't say dabangg is huge success because of the hype. I am glad Salman finally got his dues.
chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I gave a bad review when the movie came out and was pounced on for it.

I literally couldn't sit through this movie. I forwarded the whole thing simply because I couldn't stand the awful, cliched dialogues, the horrible action sequences and the beaten-to-death storyline (sautela bhai, sautela baap *yawn*). It was like we'd regressed back to the 90's when movies were all about dishoom-dishoom and had little to no plot and just a whole lot of "masala". Yes, Salman is awesome. Yes, he is entertaining. But honestly, I strongly believe an actor cannot make or break a movie. This movie was just old wine in an old bottle (not even a new bottle). Way too overhyped.