Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: lalixlili

Ok let's get this straight πŸ˜› erm never said Riz wasn't NORMAL...and what is normal in this mad world????????????????????? And sorry s.o who needs a legal tutor makes him an infant in the eyes of RESPONSIBLE grown ups.......That's reality...so all his wandering all over the States is silly cause if Mandira & his Bro were responsible - they would have stopped him....and taken him back. 

I've seen the movie 4 times-- so I have seen it properly....thanks.πŸ˜ƒ Yes Mandira is a racist & stupid character for me. Her son was killed by ignorant people -- I don't even think they were racist because I don't think they knew he was indian and Hindu/muslim (?).... You should re read properly what I wrote....yourself....πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
I never said what I wrote was the OPINION? OF THE MAJORITY.....it's only LALIXLILI who posted the previous comments not ALL THE WORLD....it's not because movies are hits that make them smart or good movies....It only make them movies which recover their initial costs and make extra money. MNIK's second part is ridiculous and if I was indian I'd be ashamed that an indian director made a movie full of racist cliches and showed clear ignorance about how people in the US felt the 9/11. Sorry but the sequence of a teacher saying Islam is the religion of Devil or sth like that...= stupidity!!!!!! teachers are not generally allowed to express racism in classes...maybe in India it's normal but not in The US sorry...😊
I think Avatar & Titanic are silly movies./....πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š and they are like the biggest hits ever....πŸ˜•πŸ˜³  so the BO status of any movie doesn't count for me - that counts for producers who make money --- But some coherence in a storyline does matter to me.

FYI --- I read a lot about the reactions of international critics & random non asian american people and sorry to say - one indian critic witnessed lots of foreign critics laughing out loud at the candidness and OTT melodrama of MNIK during the screening and there are black people who walked out the theaters when seeing the Mama Jenny sequences....

Sorry but in MNIK there are a lot of racist cliches unseen since a very long time...and that just shows the ignorance/non originality of Kjo & his scriptwriter about some minorities in the USA...
If the movie was a fantasy --- I'd have understood and taken it like when I saw Big Fish --- because there are uncoherence & random elements in the movie but it does  make sense cause it's a FANTASY movie - MNIK is/was supposed to be a serious one - I don't get all the FANTASY in it...🀒

I understand people like it - I don't question that - the topic is about THE WRONG in MNIK --- that was what I was pointing out --- if it was about the right/good things about it --- I'd have said that the first 30 minutes are awesome.😊
yes it was a good attempt....🀒😭 perhaps next time it'll be a concrete attempt let's dream....
Most of people went to see the movie for Kajol & SRK...not because of the subject...this is reality...with another lead characters...Kareena & Saif for example --- it pbbly would have flopped just like Kurbaan... 

ok this discussion is getting violent, so i won't write more, everyone has different opinions, according to me kurbaan was the crapiest film ever!! it did not promote islam nor it showed a love story nor they showed anything worth, nor it was a thriller! all i saw were peeps in blak clothes getting ready to bomb places
^^ If MNIK is worse than KKHH & K3G, then that's not saying much , is it?
Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
for me the movie was awesome and flawless one of the best movies of year 2010 shahjol rockkkkkkkkkk srk proved his self once again as RIZWAN
xfinity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

^^ If MNIK is worse than KKHH & K3G, then that's not saying much , is it?

A crap fest...It's what the movie was-- from direction, to script, to acting. KJO should go back to candy floss at least that I can avoid easily πŸ˜†  KKHH, I didnt mind (at least then) but K3G- what an emotional torture. 
Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

i t i w a g m... s w g i t m... s w k... k j t s d a i w... y, i w a b s i p... b o t t, i c't f a f i t m...

s h w o c u w t m r a s e j t b h a a o h m... πŸ˜›   b h, w c y d a i...?  πŸ˜›  p a g g-g o a s m l d, b i h s... πŸ˜†  b c h a c m b i h s... a t i t t i t s b w t d n l t m... o m t w t t m i a b d t m f t l... f t i e d'n r m... n w...!!

g t...

a i a h n c a t w i a t a, i's a g... πŸ˜‰  e i i h t i a o, i w h o c a... πŸ˜›  

p.s.  strictly my opinion... felt like sharing it, but not sharing it at the same time...!  

Huh? πŸ˜• Was that a code or what?