A Debate for u, to help me

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

SuperGrl126301

Goldie

SuperGrl126301

#Akela Banner Contest Winner!!

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 7:55pm | IP Logged

OK Here is sumtin i've been debating over that past month. Nd it will really help me, if i can get sum feed back.

I have recently torn my ACL(Aterior Cruciate Ligament) which is in your knee, and i'm under 18 and very much into sports. When completely torn it requires reconstructive surgery.
-- American doctors have told me that it is completely torn and i have no choice but to get it reconstructed if i ever want to seriously compete in sports again.
--A family doctor had said that a few fibers are torn from it, and i can continue sports without sugery if i wear a brace - but i can't play as competively as i have been.

If u were in this situation what wuld u do????????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Debate for u, to help me" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 8:46pm | IP Logged

Awww I am very sorry to hear that!

I have had many knee problems and it is very frustrating, I love to dance play tennis and soccer.

My best advice would be to get as many different opinions as possible and have a x-rays taken at different angles.

The problem is that it is not right to jump into surgey immediately and yet to consider minor and depending the rest of your life on braces isn't also a great idea.

Personally, I think surgery maybe be needed. But after you will have to take physical therapy for at least 6 months and you should follow doctors advice on when to start playing again.

You are under 18, and so am I, well, almost 18, and there is no reason why you shouldn't be playing sports competetively.

I would go to a very good doctor and get hos opinion, as well as other doctors opinion, and then go into surgery.

Saying it is only a "few torn fibers" and using a brace all your life isn't very a good idea.

Sometimes Surgery is very much needed. If you don't do so, the damage over time because the fibers weren't fixed can be permanent.

You are very young, but sometimes surgery is very needed. Your condition shouldn't be ignored and just be fixed by using a brace.

Just my views, Let me know what happens.

~Monica~

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SuperGrl126301

OK Here is sumtin i've been debating over that past month. Nd it will really help me, if i can get sum feed back.

I have recently torn my ACL(Aterior Cruciate Ligament) which is in your knee, and i'm under 18 and very much into sports. When completely torn it requires reconstructive surgery.
-- American doctors have told me that it is completely torn and i have no choice but to get it reconstructed if i ever want to seriously compete in sports again.
--A family doctor had said that a few fibers are torn from it, and i can continue sports without sugery if i wear a brace - but i can't play as competively as i have been.

If u were in this situation what wuld u do????????

This might actually be very dangerous, you can suffer permanent damage later. You might need surgery, but try to get the second and third opinions from other well-reputed doctor's too. Then make a final decision.

dare_dis_devil

Groupbie

dare_dis_devil

Posted: 12 December 2005 at 1:35am | IP Logged
hey...reilli sad 2 hear tat....

well...mah suggestion wud b stop thinking now....n simply go 4 da surgery.... i mean, methinks tat wud b d best.... i mean if u let things b n continue wid ur sporty stff.... dunno, but it mite effect u in d long run.... so, tke a second opinion n do dcide smething fast, k....

fine then...u tke care n gud luck wid ur decision bit....

Smile Smile Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top