•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago
Lovely pics, Dolly!!!!

Rani Mukherjee is looking fantastic.. and she's glowing so much.. as well she shud, her performance is AWESOME!!!!! 👏👏👏
How is the Movie queenbeen? I haven't seen it yet... this weekend am planning to go...
Dolly, my sister has seen it but I havn't yet... she says it is spellbinding and the pinnacle of Amitabh's career.. and no one can see it and remain unaffected ...

I believe the story has been inspired from a movie on Helen Keller, which I saw long ago... it was absolutely WONDERFUL... here's more about that movie:

The Miracle Worker (1962)

Plot: Helen Keller, blind and deaf from an illness she had as a toddler, is treated more as a pet than a child by her family. She has no knowledge or understanding, and just grabs whatever she wants and breaks whatever she doesn't want. Her parents hire Annie Sullivan, once blind herself, to be her teacher, though Helen's father and brother have no hope that Helen will ever learn anything and her mother is too tender-hearted to support any attempt to impose any rules on Helen.

Sullivan begins by teaching Helen basics like insisting that she eat only from her own plate. She also teaches Helen finger-spelling, using her hands to spell out the names of everything Helen touches. Helen learns to imitate the finger-motions, but does not connect them to anything. "Obedience without understanding is a blindness, too--is that all I wished on her?" Sullivan asks. Before Helen can learn language, she must understand that there is such a thing as language.

Sullivan gets permission to take Helen to live in a small building on the Keller's property so she can uphold consistent standards without being undermined by the family. They have some fierce battles, but make enough progress to move back into the house. Once home again, Helen reverts to her wild ways. After one chaotic meal, Sullivan grabs her and forces her to the pump, to fill the pitcher of water she knocked over. As Helen feels the water rush over one hand, Sullivan finger-spells "water" into the other. Suddenly, Helen understands. A word she heard as a baby comes back to her, and she knows that "w-a-t-e-r" spells water. She runs all over, asking for the names of everything. As the movie ends, it is clear that Sullivan has opened the world to her.

Discussion: This outstanding movie is based on the true story of two of the great figures of American history, Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan Macy. Keep in mind that the title refers to Sullivan; when the playwright/screenwriter, William Gibson, is asked about "the movie about Helen Keller," he says, "If it were about her, it would be called 'The Miracle Work-ee.'" Helen Keller was a woman of astonishing achievement, but all of it was made possible by her teacher.

Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
 Only one question:How does Rekha still manage to look so young??

Great pics dolly!! Thanks

Your right guys Rani looks ravishing and so does Kajol!!!!👏

I luv Priety, but what the heck is she wearing? OMG!!! A nice black sari would've really done her justice!!! But what is that!!!😕

I heard Rani's performance is Oscar worthy. I wouldn't doubt it.

In my opinion only two actresses can blow away hollywood!! RANI AND PRIETY ZINTA!!!!

I luv how everyone's wearing BLACK at the premier of BLACK!!😛

*Khushi*

Edited by ugababe - 19 years ago
Thanks queenbee for the info... I had read about this when I was in my highschool.. wud definetly watch the movie...