Severus Snape : A Hero or another Mean Slytherine

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

swathy3

swathy3

Posted: 25 September 2010 at 6:45am | IP Logged

Hello Everyone

Even after the last book there are many questions Left about Severus Snape

* Was He a good Man or Just an another Mean Slytherine .

* Can We call Him a Hero ?

What do You Think about It

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Severus Snape : A Hero or another Mean Slytherine" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

swathy3

swathy3

Posted: 25 September 2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged

Yesi think he was a good man But He was mean too. WhatI want to say is Snape was happy to tell Voldemort about the prophecy  But when he realises that Voldemort is planning to kill lily he is Ready to do anything to save lily . Yes his love for lily is Really Great but he is mean  he agrees to be spy for order of Phoenix just to save Lily it shows that he is Mean .

No , i Dont Think  We can Call Him  a Hero Yes His Love for lily is Great . and  all the things that he suffered  because he was a spy for order of the phoienix  makes  Him Brave and it doesnt change that he requested voldemort to not to kill Lily even if he kill Harry and James . And i dont think that it is because of His Childhood Because harry also lived in such conditions  in his childhood snape had his mother and a good friend like lily who left him because of his own choice and mistake
 But harry  he did'nt have a mother in his childhood , He didt have friends . so I dont think we Can Call Him a Hero  But yes i do agree to  Harry He Really was a Brave man But Not Brave enough or good enough to be a Hero .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnotherAdmirer

act12

Goldie

act12

Posted: 25 September 2010 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swathy3

Hello Everyone

Even after the last book there are many questions Left about Severus Snape

Yes...truthfully speaking he was a good Man when he died. Why, you ask? Well, first of all, he started out as being a death eater and then later turned into voldemort's righthand man...but when it came to something really very dear to him, then he realized wht the cost he has to pay or wht is the cost tht every1 had to pay when voldemort kill them....then he sought Dumbledore's help and wanted to save the whole family which included Harry n James cuz Voldemort did not say tht he will kill Lily...he said tht he will kill the child and he told Voldy to not but later Voldy did...wen Snape found tht Lily is killed, he was furious but he also became a spy for the GOOD for her sake and he did protect Harry from a lot of danger from the first book to 7th....he wasnt obliged to....no one asked him (atleast not Lily or any1 frm Harry's family) but he still did...even at the moment he found out tht Harry will die...he could not believe it...he was furious (I am not sure wht he said at tht moment but i think it was something like we raised him to be butchered or something)....Its true tht he did not like Harry cuz it reminded him of James but over the years..he came to care for him in a very strange way which may not be called 'love'. He did feel remorseful and he did love that is the reason he was able to perform the patronus charm...so Yeah he was mean at the start but later, he turned into a great man.

No one is perfect. Every1 has character flaws...Snape did too...he was bad at the start but he reformed and he changed his way of doing things into a good one. He protected Harry from a lot of danger and he went along with all of the plans of Dumbledore...he was bad but when he realized the cost he had to pay just to be at their side...he turned good....who doesnt have flaws...every1 makes mistakes but the highlight is to really learn from tht mistake and never make the same mistake ever again....that is wht he did and that is the reason Dumbledore shared the whole plan with him and left the last part of the plan upto him so he can carry it out to Harry.....which is wht he did...He gave Harry the main part of the puzzle...Harry got his memory of Dumbledore from him and if it werent for him then he wouldnt be able to figure out a way to kill Voldemort and become the hero at the end of the day.....so all in all he was a hero towards the end of the day...its true he was bad but he was just lost...as thier is a saying in Hindi...Subha ka bhula jab Shaam ko ghar ko laut kar aa jaye to use bhula nahi kehteSmile

What do You Think about It

That is wht i think!

Edited by act12 - 26 September 2010 at 5:02pm

swathy3

swathy3

Posted: 25 September 2010 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
I  asked you all about it because Yesterday my friends where discussing about it so i thought I should You Vies about it .

Neelambari..

IF-Stunnerz

Neelambari..

Posted: 26 September 2010 at 12:24am | IP Logged

See, Snape belonged to the house of Slytherine.....and all slytherins, irrespetive of their time period had been mean....look at Voldemort, Malfoy and keeping others aside just look at the creator of the house itself........Salazar Slytherin.....he was so mean that he was arrogant about not allowing the muggle-borns to study at Hogwarts......so from that perspective, we can't really blame or directly call Snape a mean slytherin.......he has really suffered a lot as we have got to know.......so in order to better himself and gain more power to outshine his so-called enemies, he decided to join Voldemort's team......he was a good man, otherwise he wouldn't have requested Voldemort to spare Lily Potter's life, inspite of the hatred he possessed for her husband........he knew the meaning of the word love and knew how to execute it....a person who has love in his heart can be called a good man.......

Now about hero.....hmm.....that's a bit tough........he has stood beside Harry Potter and helped him but has always shown hatred towards him and insulted him about his father........bu yes, towards the end of the story at the time of his death, tears ran down my eyes.........he was indeed a brave person and fought hard till the end to protect Harry Potter, just to see Lily Potter through him, as we saw him looking into Harry's eyes just before he breathed his last........He can be called a hero from a different angle and not directly......

all the above points are my point of views....might differ from you people.....will wait for your views on this also...........

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 26 September 2010 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Snape was def one of the heroes in Harry potter. He sacrificed himself for the good. He was bad initially but he changed coz of his love for lily. He was saving harry right from book 1 and was helping dumbeldore in every way. He never tried to show the good he did, even despite the hatred he received from almost everyone inthe school, he still never flipped to the other side.

In the last book, the way he helped harry in every way was beautiful. only when he was dying, he showed his true intent by givng his memories.

in my opinion, he was a true hero. Sometimes, I used to dislike the bias harry had towards snape. He assumed a lot of things abt him inspite of seeing some of the ragging his father james and his gang did in school.

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 26 September 2010 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Hmm..I always hated him and still hate him. I hate everyone who behaves badly with Harry, so Snape is no exception.

I love Voldemort though. I didn't like it when he was bad to Harry (Like when he caused him a lot of pain in GOF, OOTP, etc)..But his character had a charm of it's own. But that's besides the point.

Anyways, yeah..So Snape was this character who was good but came across as bad. He could have been just as good by behaving well with Harry and not ill-treating him. I don't like the favoritism he showed towards Slytherin.

Anyway, all in all..Though he turned out all good at last, he was hate-able, and will always be, IMHO.

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 29 September 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Hi

I think Severus was evil turned good. He did involve himself with the dark arts in his earlier life and his troubled childhood might have catalyzed this.

But some where down the line his love for Lily made him leave Voldemort and co. n join Dumbledore. I suppose he rectified his mistakes by playing a huge role in thwarting voldemort and also in aiding Harry Potter.

Severus sacrificing his life for this purpose is truly a courgeous and commendable performance.

Also, Harry rightly said: ' Severus Snape was one of Hogwart's greatest headmasters.'

Post Reply New Post

Go to top