Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Celebrating Love…

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Celebrating Love…

The love bug has certainly bitten the television industry. How else do you explain the rash of impulsive marriages we

witnessed in the space of less than two months? Mind you, hardly one of them was a long drawn affair that culminated with the solemn vows of marriage. The rest were whirlwind romances, fast paced courtships and quick decisions of matrimony.

Naturally, these couples are walking for the first time, hand in hand, into Valentine's Day. Do they have surprises packed in gossamer and tinsel for their loved one? Or have they already charted out how they plan to celebrate V Day?

The glowing couple, Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand are just back from their honeymoon and are back to rigorous shooting schedules. "But this Valentine's Day is going to be very special for both of us as it's our first together. I never had a boyfriend and now Shakti is both my lover and my husband," she blushes.

Among the plans she's making for hubby are a long drive out of town, carrying some ghar ka khana, putting up a tent and just being together, "enjoying the ambience and him," she says wickedly. As for gifts, Sai might just buy Shakti a laptop. "He is extremely computer savvy and I am sure this gift would be a perfect Valentine Day souvenir to him."

Almost as an indicator of perfectly attuned minds, Shakti too wants to take Sai for a long drive to a secluded place "with dinner and champagne". "The place has to be positively cosy, warm and romantic. No clichd flowers or cards for me," he says tongue-in-cheek.

But perhaps not everyone believes in V power. Varun Badola tied the knot with Rajeshwari Sachdeva in late November and doesn't see a reason to single out one day as Valentine's Day. "Every day should be

celebrated for love and with your loved one. I am not oblivious of this day, it's just that I never celebrated it." As a hasty afterthought, he adds, "Rajeshwari is definitely more romantic than me but I am learning to be

more expressive now. I'll start off by gifting her red roses and a beautiful card. And in the evening get her an elegant sari or a pendant. We both are very romantic but she is just more demonstrative. We will be working till 10 pm, but I am sure we will find the time to celebrate," he says smilingly.

Vivacious Maninee De believes more in little gestures than lavish gifts. "So this 14th I am going to be more attentive to Mihir's needs, and let him throw his socks and wet towel around," she laughs. "With simple

loving gestures and playful surprises I am sure to make my hubby feel special and adored. As this would be our first Valentine together, I am going to make it extraordinary. I am good at writing my emotions, so I might just write a love note to him and give him over a romantic dinner," she says candidly.

For Shweta Kawatra and Manav Gohil, it's going to be a double celebration of sorts, as Shweta's birthday is just four days before V Day. "For Manav and me, this day means expressing love. By just being with Manav and doing small things for him, I think it is an absolutely wonderful way to let him know that somewhere, every day, he is thought of with love and affection."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top