Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 11:35am | IP Logged

Apana Vayu

Firstly let me introduce the concept of Apana Vayu for those who are not familiar with it.

While the prana vayu is the moving force behind the inhalation, the apana vayu is the moving force behind the exhalation. The apana vayu is the aspect of the prana that governs the ability to eject or eliminate what is not needed to the system. Just as with the breath we exhale what is not needed after assimilating the in-breath, the apana vayu is the force behind the elimination of waste in general, working in the kidneys, colon, rectum, bladder and genitals. It is also the moving force in the process of reproduction ? which essentially moves new life 'out' into the world ? from insemination to childbirth. The healthy functioning of the apana vayu is as vital as that of the prana vayu. If waste is not eliminated from the body, there is no room for assimilation of fresh energy, and toxins build up. This slows the body down ? and slows us down on the mental level as well. Without the healthy functioning of apana vayu, one lacks motivation and determination; one feels lazy, dull and even confused, indecisive and befuddled.

In a subtle but vital sense, the apana vayu has much to do with our power of decisiveness and self-determination, both of which turn upon our power of choice. Clarity in defining oneself demands decisiveness in eliminating what doesn't work for us, what is not needed, or what conflicts with our highest goals. It's not surprising that the apana vayu is associated with the element of earth, and is the energy of the Muladhara Chakra, which is concerned with having a strong, sure and reliable foundation, especially in fundamental matters of survival.

The seat of the apana vayu is in the core of the pelvis, and it governs the lower body, from the navel down through the legs, corresponding to the area in which we practice Mulabandha. It's worth noting how our language reflects this awareness; a person whose decisiveness is rooted in real possibilities and clear intentions is said to be very 'grounded', or to have his "feet on the ground." The clearest expression of decisiveness and self-assertion, in fact, is to "put your foot down." This kind of language expresses the power of the apana vayu.

The following is a diagram indicating Apana vayu in our body, I have marked it specifically for you all....

My Take on Apana Vayu

In short,

Benefits of Apana Vayu :-

- Apana vayu determines our power of decisiveness and self-determination, both of which determines our power of choice.

- Clarity in defining one's demands and eliminating what doesn't work for us, what is not needed, or what conflicts with our highest goals.

- It makes us grounded.

Lack of Apana Vayu leads to :-

- Lack of motivation and determination

- One feels lazy, dull, confused, indecisive and befuddled

Such is the importance of Apana vayu in our lives. But how many of us have been able to realize this? Did you ever think that certain vayu in your body can affect the quality of your decisions and various other above mentioned factors Shocked?

So by being able to influence Apana vayu in our body, don't you think we will be able to lead our life in a better way and take better decisions?

So in short, it is the quality of your Apana vayu that determines the quality of your decisions, determination and motivation, thereby influencing the quality of life. Such is the marvel of Apana vayu ClapClap! Thus we can safely conclude that 'the right path to healthy and successful living - the path of Apana vayu!'

So let us discuss the various means by which we can influence and control our Apana vayu to achieve best results psychologically, and for a practical living. So what do you think we need to do about it Ermm ?

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 21 September 2010 at 11:52am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewell-Pallavi--allizwell-.DontKnow.blue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marvels of Apana Vayu" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Pallavi-

Goldie

-Pallavi-

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 9:21pm | IP Logged

Useful info...

I felt like listening to Baba-Ramdev actually LOL

He always shows kapalabathi (hope the spelling is correct). Does this also comes under this category?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewell-allizwell-*dewdrop~pearl*

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
WOW...DDP ....SRK wale topic ke baad itna heavy duty serious topic.....u r versatileLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewell-Pallavi--allizwell-*dewdrop~pearl*

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
1) First I saw ability to eject and eliminate, then I saw the image. Get my head out the dirt.  LOL

2) Where is Vyana vayu?

3) Umm I can't get past 1. But how about Activia for Apna Vayu? Detox diet? I can't discuss further, Mister. K will rap me on the wrists (and its not all related to 1)

vishmewell

Goldie

vishmewell

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Useful info...

He always shows kapalabathi (hope the spelling is correct). Does this also comes under this category?

Oh Aisa hai kya... I am gonna rename DP as Mata Ramdevi...ROFLROFLROFLROFL tere quaish poorikardethi hoon abhi.. ROFLROFLROFL

Jokes apart, there are some asanas you can do for Apana vayu related problems.

According to kundalini yoga the most significant of the 5 Vayus are Pran Vayu and Apana vayu. While Prana id located in the chest to the navel and helps respiration, Apana is below navel and releases waste gases. Reversing the energy causes the kundalini at the base spine to awaken and to begin to rise. There's a particular technique to do this, but you need a teacher to guide you and also takes lots of practice.

If this problem persists, one may experience irregular heartbeats due to wind moving up from the digestive system. One may become overwhelmed with the grossest aspect of our nature and the mind can get agitated,  restless and may even get debased.

The remedy to this problem is drinking warm water with lime juice or drink several glasses of water. Kapalbhati can also help relieve this problem besides Malasan and Pavanmukhasan.

-Pallavi--allizwell-*dewdrop~pearl*

vishmewell

Goldie

vishmewell

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
response in red

Originally posted by return_to_hades

1) First I saw ability to eject and eliminate, then I saw the image. Get my head out the dirt.  LOL

2) Where is Vyana vayu? The entire body is the seat of the actions of the vyana vayu. It controls functions throughout the entire body by assisting all the other pranas to function.

3) Umm I can't get past 1. But how about Activia for Apna Vayu? Detox diet? I can't discuss further, Mister. K will rap me on the wrists (and its not all related to 1)

Drinking warm water with half a lime juice first thing in the morning, or drinking several glasses of water will help. Also, there are some Asanas that will help. Like Malasan and Pavanmukthasan.

-Pallavi--allizwell-*dewdrop~pearl*

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Useful info...

Oh Baba-Ramdev Shocked,I am really elated by such a great comparison Big smile. No am not that great Embarrassed, only little bit great Big smile!

Ok regarding your query, no Kapalbhati is different. Kapalbhatti comes under Prana Vayu, not Apana Vayu. Prana vayu and Apana vayu are different. Prana Vayu governs the region from the throat to the bottom of the heart (you can check the diagram for reference), and its main function is to maintain the proper temperature of the body relative to one's environment, and sustains one's vital organs, particularly the heart. Kapalbhati comes under Pranayama and Pranayama is mainly related to Prana Vayu.

Kapalabhati Pranayama has many benefits and thus is highly beneficial if practiced daily. It makes the face lustrous and attractive. It is good for stress and hypertension problems as well as for fighting obesity and other abdominal problems including constipation.

But my personal favorite is Apna Vayu Embarrassed, like they say, 'to each his own' Approve

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 22 September 2010 at 5:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewell-Pallavi-

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

WOW...DDP ....SRK wale topic ke baad itna heavy duty serious topic.....u r versatileLOL

Oh thank you soo much blue-ice Embarrassed, am honored Big smile!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.