Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

:Media Center:(Audio/Video/FF/Scene/Promo/Article) (Page 3)

radt IF-Rockerz
radt
radt

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
My life is full of success and failure: Ekta Kapoor
Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani boasts of names which are not new to STAR One. For many of the cast, the show will be a homecoming of sorts to the youth-oriented channel STAR One.

Ekta KapoorThis show, that claims to be different from what we have seen so far on television, is a dark love story. As summed up by producer Ekta Kapoor in a line – It's a story of a simple girl falling in love with a villain.

With this show, the channel welcomes back the czarina of television, Ekta Kapoor, who had produced Kya Hoga Nimmo Kathree years back, and actress Sukirti Khandpal, who debuted with STAR One's flagship show Dill Mill Gayye. Vivian Dsena and Sukirti play the leading couple Abhay and Pia on the show. While Pia is a simple, small-town, beautiful girl, Abhay is an imperfect guy who is always there to save Pia. The story is about Pia falling in love with the villain Abhay. As claimed by the producer, the show has been the toughest project she has made so far. Getting the cast as well as the initial episodes and story right was a herculean task for the lady. However, as we are all set to watch the outcome soon on STAR One, the proud producer is beaming from ear to ear.

Ekta talks about the uniqueness of the show, the perfect cast and her success story.

What's unique about Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani?

We have always ventured into youth-oriented shows but, fortunately or unfortunately, family dramas get more recognition. The excitement here is that we are dealing with a love story that is dark and edgy. After doing so much on television, it's easy to do normal and easy concepts, but doing a show which makes you think again and again doesn't happen always. I am thankful to STAR One for giving me the opportunity to make this show for them. It has been a great experience to write a surreal love story.

As you said, this is an edgy love story…

Oh! My God. Only I know what I have been through while making this show. It's easy to say that you are making a unique show, but when the time comes to speak through actions, you know how difficult it gets. When you make a show or a movie abroad, you have the liberty to attempt beyond what's been tried. But in India, when you have a show on a supernatural element, it can only talk of two things - ghost or human; there is no mid-way. It can't just be supernatural here, and you have to infuse a love angle to it. We started from scratch after reaching the eighth episode. We actually wrote it five times! PKYEK has a supernatural bent with the love angle. You can't go into the totally dark domain, as viewers might not appreciate it.

How do you define an edgy love story?

Actually, you can't. The guy is imperfect. He is different from what you can imagine. The story is, how can a girl fall in love with a guy who is a villain?

For someone who has an eye for talent, what took you so long to finalise the cast of the show?

Because I just didn't get the faces, and if I did, they came across as bad actors. I didn't have time on me to train and groom them. People say that we didn't want to shell out extra money on the cast, which is untrue. We have spent 10 times more money to groom the actors we have launched, but this time, for PKYEK in particular, we were running short of time and had deadlines to meet. Our basic idea was to get fresh faces, and when we couldn't succeed in getting completely fresh faces, we tried to zero down on actors who were relatively fresher. Sukirti and Vivian came as close as we could get.

Has this been inspired from something? What inspired you to write this story?

Nothing like this has happened in my life, and so, it was a tough task to write this show. I went through a lot of American shows which had a supernatural bent, but only managed doing fiction which didn't look like a horror show. That is what inspired me to do this show. It took me a lot of time, as you have to face certain restrictions when you make a show keeping in mind Indian sensibilities and taste.

Did you ever think of making a movie based on the concept, rather than a show?

I think it is fun doing television. I have always thought of making it as a show on television, for no reasons in particular.

What is love to you?

Love is an illogical emotion. You need to go beyond your belief to fall in love at times.

Tell us a bit about your success story…

My story is full of success and failure. I have always aspired to make something different and unique on television. Things that worked were termed as successes, and shows that tanked were called failures.

One reality show you love watching?

I like watching Bigg Boss.

If offered, would you like to participate in Bigg Boss?

Do you think I am nuts? I am a vouyeur; I can only watch. I made Love Sex Dhokha, as it's all based on voyeurism. Being the watched is not my cup of tea.

Nowadays, shows don't run for years and get yanked off abruptly. What, according to you, is going wrong?

Thank God for that. I had a good time when my shows ran for many years. Engaging an audience for a long time is now impossible. Earlier, it was easy, but now, when we have the same concepts to work on with a different approach, it becomes quite a task. When TV was fresh, with only few fictions, the want to watch it was huge. Anything that's new receives a warm response, but demand declines as supply increases. I don't see fiction becoming huge in the near future till urban fiction comes into full force, which is yet a niche programming. We are all waiting for the digital era to take over; there will be a huge amount of urban shows which, in turn, will be viewed by the city audience.

How do you define the urban lot?

Urban audience is the thinking lot and, yes, the neglected lot.

Do you think we will soon go back to the good old DD days where the shows ran for a definite time period of 13 episodes?

Yes, I am sure. Also, we will have the DD kind of shows and concepts back too.

Your take on reality shows?

Reality shows are at a primitive stage, and will always be there. Fiction will always give you higher ratings at a cheaper cost. Reality brings in new audiences who don't watch television, whereas fiction keeps the audience glued. Both the genres serve different purposes.

How are you planning to celebrate the New Year?

I have not decided as yet. I wish I don't have to go to Goa; I would jump into the sea there. I have been to going to Goa every New Year.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Soulmate_Sana

radt IF-Rockerz
radt
radt

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
I am a good cook: Vivian
The handsome Vivian D'sena whose Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahani will air from October 11 onwards every Monday-Friday on STAR One is all excited about the show.

VivianVivian plays a supernatural character Abhay who falls in love with Piya (Sukirti Kandpal). We caught up with Vivian and found about the actor's lifestyle.

How is Vivian in real life?

Vivian is just like another other normal guy of his age.

What is your fitness regime?

I do not diet and I cannot control my eating. So I consume a good quantity of warm water after meals. I also consume some ayurvedic medicines that help me keep fit.

How do you take out time to workout considering the erratic shooting hours?

I do not work out too much. I do just the basics and sauna.

Are you a foodie? Are you vegetarian or non-vegetarian?

Big foodie but vegetarian. I hardly ever eat non veg as mom does not like it.

What do you normally have for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Breakfast is normally bread-butter or mayonnaise or sometimes sprouts, milk and honey. Lunch is dal rice or chapatti and so is dinner. I have to consume ghee after meals. I also cant control my craving for sweets after meals.

Do you cook? What is the dish you are known for among your friends and family?

I am a good cook. I am the only child of my parents and started cooking when I was 8-9 years old. I experiment by trying to prepare different dishes everytime. I cook Palak Paneer and Paneer mutter best.

Most unusual dish you have ever tasted?

Never tasted anything unusual.

Advantages and disadvantages of being an actor?

I believe that there are pluses in every stream. No disadvantages I can think of.

Who are your closest friends in the industry?

I hardly have any friends in the industry so no closest friend that I can mention.

Watch Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, coming soon on STAR One.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

hotchpotchRBOBilliCat.hreeyaa--sumana13--Soulmate_SanaPinkCinderella

maya_potter Newbie
maya_potter
maya_potter

Posted: 21 October 2010 at 5:20am | IP Logged
hey i liked the background scores of pyar ki ye ek kahani......
can i get dem plzzzzzzzzSmileSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

msb8891

additi10 IF-Rockerz
additi10
additi10

Posted: 22 October 2010 at 6:45am | IP Logged
pplzzzz can some1 plz post  the zsahre link of pia's entry's backround music the soft one plzzzzzzz
radt IF-Rockerz
radt
radt

Posted: 22 October 2010 at 9:46am | IP Logged
it's kusum music... u can search for that on zshare.
the 1 wen kabir winked was music of kuch jhuki si palkhein.
hope it helped...Wink
Akankshaa. IF-Sizzlerz
Akankshaa.
Akankshaa.

Posted: 22 October 2010 at 9:54am | IP Logged
I started a new FF. Add it to whatever list you guys do! :)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1517081#35217689

additi10 IF-Rockerz
additi10
additi10

Posted: 23 October 2010 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by radt

it's kusum music... u can search for that on zshare.
the 1 wen kabir winked was music of kuch jhuki si palkhein.
hope it helped...Wink

thanks
but i didnt find it if u can give m ethe direct zshare linkBig smile
radt IF-Rockerz
radt
radt

Posted: 23 October 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Wait! i'll try to give it to you soon!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index