Mayur FF - Plan B - 6th oct - Chapter 3 - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
wow.....do continue and update soon πŸ˜ƒ
Congo for ur new ff. Nice concept dear. but he treats her like a kid sister!!!???πŸ˜²πŸ€” Btw continue soon..thnx for pm..
hey Ivana
beautiful concept dear
it seems really very interesting
pls update soon and add me to ur pm list

take care

nice concept
plz add me to pm list
                                                   Marium

Hey guys! It was very sweet of you'll to encourage me. πŸ˜ƒ I know a lot of you'll are worried about the whole "kid sister" thing but that is just to say he never thought of her in that way. πŸ˜‰ As one often says he loves her but he's not in love with her. She's his family. Most of the concept is the book, there are parts I loved about it and parts which I wanted to change. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Chapter one
The place was buzzing with customers at his Dad's sports shop which Mayank Sharma had taken over when his dad had retired. He hadn't had a break since morning but his mind wasn't troubled by this, but by the fact that Nupur hadn't been herself since morning. She had worked for his dad and the store either part-time of full-time since she was a teenager. This shop was almost like her second home. She looked after the accounting but when it was this crowded she usually pitched in with the customers. God knows she knew this place in and out, probably more than him. But today she hadn't left her cabin since she came in. Something was clearly bothering her. As soon as his customer left to ring his purchase he turned to look at her, through the glass of her cabin. He could see her petite frame hunched over her desk. Acute concern overrode him when he saw her wiping away her tears. As if sensing him she looked up at him. whats wrong? he mouthed to which she just shook her head and gave him a weak smile. Not satisfied with her reaction, he was making his way to the office to be stopped by a customer.
"Hi, everyone seems to be busy, but i have come to pick up the golf clubs that my husband had pre-ordered.  Someone called to tell me that they had arrived?" asked the lady.
"Hi, that'll be me." Nupur spoke from behind him and took the receipt from his hand when he turned.
"Let me take care of this." she told him.
"Thanks Nupur."
he said giving her hand a squeeze and added "come see me in my office once your done."

He had to find out what was bothering her. He couldn't help but feel protective towards Nupur. He knew her since she was born, they had been neighbors all through childhood. He was an only child, but she hailed from a large family, she was the youngest of the five. Though with a four year age gap he was closer to age to her brothers but he and Nupur had become the best of friends. He taught her to cycle, drive a car, covered for her when she was in trouble with her parents, even gave her dating advice when the time came. She really was part of his family, and he would definitely solve whatever problem was bothering her. He would do whatever he could to bring  that gorgeous smile back on her face. One thing he was addicted to was her smile and her full-fledged love for life. It was almost after 2 hours that place finally slowed down. He left his cabin to search for Nupur when he was stopped by one of his employees Puneet.

"Did you have your lunch yet, boss?" Before could answer Nupur interrupted.
"Do you actually think that he has eaten? Ofcourse he hasn't Puneet, after all only mere mortals need nutrition."
Sensing an outburst from Nupur, Puneet quickly excused himself. After he left she continued. "By God, Mayank I had ordered you a subway so long back, it would have totally gone soggy by now !!"
"So sweet"
he was relieved to find her being herself, atleast a fraction of herself.
"Kya so sweet? what would you do without me, somebody has to see that you dont go hungry. Now that Aunty and uncle have moved to
Bombay i bet you must be skipping atleast one meal a day!" She scolded him.
He couldn't deny her accusation; it was just convenient to skip the meal. He hardly enjoyed food anyway since that fateful accident to which he had lost his wife, almost three years ago. Though he was not over it, the terrible grief had softened over time. He had realized that keeping himself busy and not spending too much time thinking about himself was the key to surviving it.
"Hey! would you please stop shouting? skipping a few meals is not going to affect me in anyway. Plus its my new diet plan"
Looking at his lean frame she brushed off that remark and said.
"Diet plan my foot. Just look at you. You could eat all day and not put on an ounce of weight. All i have to do is look at an ice-cream and i gain 2 kgs. I should be the one dieting."
"Please, you do not need to diet your skinny and will disappear if you do."
"I love you for saying so but if i don't, after a couple of years I'll end up wearing large sizes like my sister. I need to diet."
he grinned and wrapped his arm around her shoulders to give her a side hug, at the same time pulling her towards the cabin.
"Hmm is that why your huffing and puffing. 'cos you have not eaten today? come have some of the sub. There is no way im gonna eat a foot long, and we haven't talked all day" he said, not forgetting that she was upset earlier.
"You know me too well, because im dieting i only ate a salad with some crappy non-fat dressing, and now im  famished." she said looking glum.
"I should have known better than to worry when I say you crying. I should have just sent Ramu kaka to get you some food." he joked, not letting on that he was actually worried. She smacked him, and came at a standstill at the cabin door.
"Shut up! Thats not why...." she trailed off getting serious and he guessed the reason for her depression.
"Sweetie, what is it? Are you sad about Daadi's health again?" Nupur nodded, blinking hard to hold back tears. Mayank gently drew her into the cabin and shut the door. He then pulled a chair and made her sit next to the table and sat down kneeling infront of her, so that his face was at level with hers. "Sweetie, we have been over this, Daadi is religious and not afraid of dying, she is in-fact looking forward to being re-united with Daadu in Heaven." he lectured in a sympathetic tone.
"I know all that." trying to get up she added. "You sit, i'll get your Sub for you, do you want a coke along with that?" He gently pushed her back in the chair.
"I can get it myself."
"But i can.."
"Sit."
He said sternly getting up. He knew the only way he would get her to talk was to humor her. So he got out the sub and and cut it into half and placed both the halves on two plates. He pulled out 2 drinks from the fridge, an iced-tea for himself and diet-coke for her. "Eat." he ordered her, putting the plate infront of her.
"But..."
"Nupur! do you have to argue, just eat!"
without arguing further she picked up the sub and bit into it, her eyes downcast, still looking upset. "Ok now back to our earlier conversation about Daadi. Has her condition worsened?" A few months back the doctors had informed the family that Daadi had cancer and will not survive for more than a year maximum, chemotherapy would have helped but she refused to take the treatment, saying that it was her time to go.
"No." she broke down and sniffed and he sat up straight reaching for her hand.
"Sweetie please dont cry and tell me what happened since yesterday, that your so upset about. May be I can help." She pulled her hand out of his and pointed at his sub, indicating that he eat, he dutifully picked took a bite in order to pacify her.
"You can't help." before he could protest she sniffed and continued. "In the morning i went home as usual to visit Daadi before coming to work..the back door was open so i went straight up to her room. The door was ajar. I didn't mean to but i heard ma and daadi talking..Daadi was telling ma that she dreamt i was getting married. She described my saari, jewelry, the decoration the work. Mayank she sounded...she sounded so happy. She recalled every detail." her lip quivered and tears started rolling again. Mayank got up from his seat and came and sat down in front of her again and held her hand. "Then they talked about how i was 29 and not even engaged so marriage was a distant thought. Daadi said that the main reason for trying to hang on  was to see me married and settled with a nice man and then she could die peacefully." her tears rolled down again and Mayank wiped them off, and cupped her face.
"Oh sweetie, thats a guilt trip you cannot take on yourself. Your family means well and they love you, but they have been at this topic since you were 21." he said with warmth and exasperation.
"I know they mean well, they are all so happily married that they cant understand why i dont want that. And its not like i dont want that. I may not have been ready at 21 but i have been for a while now. I really do want to get married, settle down and have kids. It  just hasn't  happened."
"Dont worry"
Mayank said rubbing her arms comfortingly. "The right guy will come along"
"What if he doesnt come along? what if he came along and i didnt recognize him?"
"Trust me you'll know. You always do, when you find the right person you just know and then you cant think about letting them go. You cant think of not seeing them everyday."
"Is that how you felt about Ria?"
she asked
"Yes." he replied his voice tight, her face flashed before him but he quickly curbed the memories. Nupur noticed his change in expression and caught hold of his hand between hers. Reversing the roles, with her comforting him in a caring voice.
"Im sorry, i shouldn't have brought it up."
"No. No its ok."
he assured her getting up."dont worry about daadi, shes very happy just being around you. don't let all this affect you. Its their job to be worried." he looked at her deep in thought, clearly not listening to a word he had just said. So he asked. "Nupur is there something else you want to tell me?" becoming restless watching her worried expression.
"you know Dhruv? the guy im dating?" she continued when he nodded "last night he proposed." Mayank leaned back suddenly on the desk clearly shocked. Dhruv Verma the guy she was seeing. A slick marketing guy. He didnt think she was serious about him.
"What did you say?" he asked.
"i kind of turned him down."
"kind of?"
"well i told him the truth, that i liked him and liked spending time with him, but i wasnt in love with him."
He let out a breath he didnt know he was holding. She saw this and pointed out. "you seem relieved i didnt say yes."
"yes. i mean no, i mean you just took me by surprise."
he couldnt get himself to admit that he was infact relieved. He couldn't understand why he was so relieved and the instinctive reaction to her announcement that she might marry that looser was so negative. Other than the fact that no one she had ever dated was good enough for her. She was too pre-occupied to notice his dilemma.
"I was shocked too, i stammered like an idiot i had a billion thoughts going through my head. I knew i didnt want to hurt him, but at the same time i was ticking off is qualifications which would make him a good husband. you know, he's nice, good job, hes religious, he's got a big family, who seem nice and he likes mine." she threw her hands up in typical Nupur style. "By God, why not marry him? im soon going to turn 30! maybe im just one of thoes people who wont find love and will have to settle for like, respect and affection. whats wrong with that? its not like lifes a fairy tale and there is a price charming for everyone, right?" she paused and asked again when he didnt answer right away "right?"
"Because you said it your self you dont love him. You have been dating him for what 6 months?"
"six and half actually."
"Nupur please stop convincing your self into marrying him out of guilt towards your family. Its you who has to spend the rest of your life with him, not them."
"you think it'll be a mistake to marry him?"
hell yes he wanted to shout but he clamped his mouth shut and said,
"Thats for you to decide, it doesnt matter what i think. But i just dont want you to get pressured into saying yes to make other people happy or  just because your tired of being single."
"you dont like him, do you?"
"I dont know him well enough to judge."
he knew he was sounding resentful but he didnt care. "he said he didnt want to buy me a ring but make me pick my own ring instead."
"so he still thinks you might say yes?"
"He was very understanding. By God! That just makes it worse. He said he'd give me time to take it all in. I think that's what ill do."
she got up and added "thank you Mayank! i feel a lot better talking to you about it."
"No problem"
he mumbled, this heartfelt talk did not have the same effect on him, infact this whole thing left him feeling miserable.
"Boss there's some one here to see you about the treadmills." Puneet poked his head in
"I'll be right out." He told Puneet, and started clearing out the table, but Nupur stopped him.
"No, you go i'll clean up the dishes." she added when he opened his mouth to protest. "By God Mayank, im just picking up the dishes not selling my kidney for you! I like doing these little things for you it makes me feel needed." she got up on her toes and gave him a peck on the cheek, and shoved him towards the door. The uneasiness in his gut mollified slightly and he smiled.
"Thanks Nupur"
After he had gone Nupur thought while she cleaned. She looked at his sub and saw that it was mostly polished off. Thats good enough she thought. Her heart went out to him for the loss he had suffered when Ria had died. She was one of the many people killed in a major road accident. Mayank blamed himself for not being there with her at the time and she knew he wished that he had died at that time too. But she thanked God that he had spared him. She loved him. He was a part of her family and couldn't imagine life without him. She believed that everything happened for a reason. She was glad that he decided to move back home after that and came to work with his father. She liked having him close to her, to see him everyday, coming to work for him. Whether or not she married Dhruv, she would keep this job, she would continue to see Mayank everyday. That wouldn't affect their relationship. After all they were best friends. Family. Feeling better she went back to work.

Ps: please continue to tell me what you'll think

Edited by ivana - 13 years ago
amazing start dear..its a very unique concept and great style of writing.....awesome update...loved it to the core..........................
simply simple...soo nice!!!!!!!!!
loved it dear!!
continue soon!!!!!
love this concept!!!
and first part was amazing
do continue soon
Beautiful update
simply awesome
loved mayur concern for each other