Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anish85 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Chapter 3

Nupur unpacked her bag into her oak dresser; it has been five years since she used it. The last time, she opened this drawer was when she broke up with him and had to moved to San Francisco. It was a hard thing to do, but with her father's heart condition, she had obeyed his orders, leave India and the one, she loved the most. Nupur placed the last piece of clothing into the drawer and closed it.

Nupur- "Life, it's so hard." She sat down and opened the small blue carry-on bag that was next to her, took out a two small picture frame, and looked at it. "I'm going to put this one next to my bed." It was a picture of Arti with Nupurs father. She walked over to her closet, pushed some clothes that were hanging to the side and set the other frame on the shelf. Then, she pushed the clothing back into the original form and closed the closet door. The frame contained a picture of Nupur in a white gown and Mayank in a tuxedo. She went downstairs, walked into the kitchen where Aunt Ratna was making lunch.

Nupur- "It's so great to be at home again and to eat the foods, you make."

Aunt Ratna- "Same here, it is so much nicer to have people in the house again."

Nupur-. Oh, I'm having some old friends over for dinner tonight and....

Aunt Ratna- "I remembered, you told me on the phone. I am prepared to serve any guests tonight."

Nupur-"It's just Benji and Gunjan, you fix up anything."

Aunt Ratna- "Nonsense, guest are guest. Now, when am I ever to get to serve again.? They both laughed.

Nupur smiled -"Okay! Arti, time for lunch."

Arti ran to her mommy from the study, she was playing house with her teddy bear.

Nupur-"Did you wash your hands?"

Arti showing her hands to her mommy-"Look, mommy! They are clean and smells good too."

Half an hour before her friends arrived, Nupur had changed into a hunter green blouse and black slacks; she helped Aunt Ratna preparation while Arti set the table.

Arti-"Teddy, I think I did a good job, don't you?"  

Benji-"Honey, did you give me the right address, I don't think...."

Gunjan holding Benji by the hand-"For the hundredth time, yes. Nupur does live on this street, I use to come here when I was in high school."

Benji-"How would I know, I only visited her in Mayank's old apartment."

Gunjan- "Now, remember, don't mention his name. I don't want the topic brought up by you or me, I don't want to tell her, he is happily married now."

Benji-"But...."

Gunjam-"But what...." She gives him a 'No-No' face. "If it does come up, I will think of something."

Benji-"Okay that's your department."

The doorbell rang; Nupur opened the door and gave a hug to both of her friends.

Midnight at the CID Headquarters, Mayank and his team was back in the conference room discussing about the arrest they made ten minutes ago.

Mayank-"Excellent team, everyone. Now, that's what I call for a celebration." He slams his hand on the large rectangular table.

Samrat-"I hope it gets into the newspapers tomorrow. "
CID #2- "I think it will even make headlines." They all laughed and nodded.

Mayank- "Okay, let's re-group tomorrow. Everyone go home and have a good night's rest, I know I will."
CIDs-"Yes, sir. Good night."

They hurried out of the room and down the side stairs. Mayank and Samrat were left to pile up the papers; Samrat went into his room, placed his gun into the shoulder strap and putted on his blue with a brown collar jacket. Mayank walked in and gave him the pile of papers.

Samrat- What iss this for?

Mayank-You put them away, I m the boss. He gave him a look.

Samrat-Okay, okay. Fine!

Samrat opened the black steel filing cabinet, placed the big stack of papers into it and closed it back up.

Mayank-Ready to go, now. Samrat o nodded.
They walked out of the larger room; Mayank was holding his bulky briefcase while Samrat looked at it.

Samrat –You re not taking work home again.

Mayank-Yes, it has been bothering me to much, I need to find that killer.

Samrat- Sheena is not going to like, a bit.

Mayank -I know, I know, but she knew that before I married her. Suddenly, the black briefcase fell out of Mayanks hand, his arm started to numb and blood slowly dripped down.

Samrat-We better called the ambulance. He rushed over to the phone.

The pain was so sharp that it caused Mayank to slowly fall onto the floor. Now, he was leaning against the wall, the pain on his face was like someone just had stabbed him a hundred times.

Samrat-I m going to take you downstairs, just hold on. I called Sheena too.

Mayak- No, you didn't .He faints from the pain.
At the hospital, Sheena rushed down the hall, she was in a long red overcoat, and she spotted Samrat and hurried over to him.

Sheena trying to be strong- Is alright, is he?

Samrat-Please calm down, Sheena, he is going to be, okay? He sat her down on the bench and tried comforting her.\

The Doctor came out and Samrat asked him

Samrat- Is Mayank fine??

Doctor- Yes, he is. The bullet-proof vest that he was wearing, wasn't strong enough to block the shoot, so the bullet slowly pierced thru his right chest.

Sheena-May I see my husband now? The doctor nodded, But you need to be quiet, he needs rest. Sheena and Samrat followed him and into a room labeled 211.

Sheena sat next to the bed and touched Mayanks face with her hand, He looks peaceful now. Samrat, why dont you go home and get some rest?

Samrat agrees- I visit him tomorrow, good night. He walks out, he spots a nurse dressed in white and called for her. It was Gunjan, the head nurse of this hospital.

sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
amazing update dear.............
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
res

will edit soon...............

SujaLuvsMayur thumbnail
nice update.
i like arti, she is so cute. is she mayank's daughter????
but mayank with sheena???? how????? i cldnt digest this things!!!!!! its sound tooo wired. anywys thats ur story.
continue soon.
thanks 4 pm. 
-Samira- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update dear
thanks 4 d pm
OddiYulle thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely Update ! So Arti is Mayank and Nupurs Daughter ? Coz i was a bit confused about that ...Nway Lovely part , Update soon and Thanks for the Pm.

-Natasha
MyInspirationz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
OMG... what is this? Arti is Mayank and nupur's daughter.. so much of a twist.... Great FF.. do update fast.. and longer updates please..
zarfishanzahid thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice update

thx for the pm
Anish85 thumbnail

Today was another day, but the weather was not as nice as the other day. The sky looked gray, the clouds slowly moving closer, and the wind started to pick up, blowing the trees a little back and forward. Inside Arti was in her room, she looked into the mirror and smiled happily.

Arti- Mommy, mommy! She rushed into Nupur's room with a new blue dress and a ponytail, in her hand was a blue hair bow.

Nupur- i'm down here, sweetie.

Arti ran down the stairs and went over to her mommy, Do you like what Aunt Ratna bought me? She danced around like a ballerina.

Nupur smiled- You look beautiful, like a princess. Do you want me to put the bow in your hair? Arti nodded and handed her the bow.

Arti- Where are you working, mommy?

Nupur- I'm going to work at St. Anne Hospital, the one where Aunt Gunjan and Uncle Benji works at. Did you have fun last night?

Arti-Yes,

Nupur- That's nice. Were going to see them today. Come on. She took little Arti's hand and stepped into her car.

At St. Anne Hospital, Benji walked over to his wife and gave her a peek on the cheek. So how is my honey doing?

Gunjan yawning- Very tired. Oh, guess whom I saw last night.

Benji- Who?

Gunjan-Samrat! He told me that Mayank was injured and he is staying in this hospital!

Benji- What?

Sheena left a note on the table and walked out of the room. She was so relieved that he was okay; she noticed that Benji and Gunjan were talking near the front counter.

Sheena- Good morning, you two.

Benji and Gunjan surprised- Good morning.

Benji- How is Mayank doing?

Sheena- Better than last night, he just fell asleep.

Benji- You should rest after a long night.

Sheena- No, I have a huge project to finish. Please take
care of him for me. Thanks and  walked out of the hospital

Benji- Boy, this is going to be some show. Please give me that folder, Nurse.

Nupur and Arti walked into the hospital from the rain that had just started. After drying themselves, Nupur press the elevator button, stepped into the elevator and press the 2 button.

Arti- Where are we going?

Nupur- To my office, I'm going to organize it before I start working on Monday.

Arti- This is fun!

Both of them stroll down the hall and into Nupur's office; she noticed that the door across from hers was marked with three numbers, 211.

About an hour later, Arti was playing in her mommy's office; she opened the door and stepped out.

Arti- This is so big, teddy. She spinned around, then she hit a man that just walked out of Room 211.

Arti- I'm very sorry, are you okay, Mister?

Mayank kneeling down- Yes, little girl. I'm okay, there's no pain that I cannot take.

Nupur noticed that her sweetie was missing so she walked outside.

Nupur- Arti...I'm so sorry.

Mayank slowly lifts his head- Its okay. He stared at her for a few seconds; he was so shocked to see her here.

After see Mayank again, Nupur took Arti straight home, she could not bear to talk to him. During the drive, she only spoke one or two words to Arti; she was so confused.

Nupur in a lower tone- Sweety, can you go up to your room and play house with Teddy?

Arti- Yeah, mommy can I have a tea?

Nupur- Sure. She went into the kitchen, and came back with a small bottle of tea. She handed it to her daughter and watched her ran up the stairs. Then, she went into the study and closed the door.

Nupurlay back on the black leather chair- He still looks the same as six years ago. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. In her mind, she could still feel his hand on her shoulders, his lips on her, and his body when he hugged her, she felt so protected when he was by her side. Her heart felt like a billion needles had stabbed it when she heard that he was married. Memories started to run thought her mind.

------------
Flashback
------------

Mayank- So where is my beautiful Girlfriend going?

Nupur- Shopping, what do you think?

Mayank-Oh, give me a kiss first.

He went over to her, gave her a passionate kiss, and took out a small red box from behind him.

Nupur-For me.

Mayank nodded and handed it to her; she looked at it and tried to guess what it was.

Mayank- Just open it, honey.

Inside the box was a beautiful diamond engagement ring; Nupur was so surprised and shocked at the same time. Mayank got down on one knee and proposed.

Mayank- Will you marry me?

Nupur- Not in this outfit.

Mayank-I think that means yes. Nupur nodded with a smile on her face; he gave her another kiss and a hug. Then, he went into his bedroom and came back out with a dozen yellow long stemmed roses, her favorite.

Ring ring ring

------------------
Flashback ends
------------------

The ringing of the telephone disturbed her train of thoughts, she wiped her tears with a tissue and tried to calm down before putting up the phone.

Nupur in sad tone- Hello

Gunjan- Its me, are you alright, you sound like you have been crying.

Nupur- I m fine, I just was think about the past and…

Gunjan- You saw him, didn't you?

Nupur- I saw him about ten mintues ago and... She starts to weep again.

Gunjan- At the hospital???

Nupur-,I just can't take it, his room is right next to my office.

Gunjan- I'll be right over, okay.

-----
 I hope the story is not too disappointing.

-Aiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
amazing do update soon