Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 21 September 2010 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
^ I'll try asking the help of my Tamil friend Soni :))

I love this thread, a lot of South Indian movie songs are very nice and soothing to hear.

My favorites are songs from Telugu movies Pournami, KIKK, Chatrapati, Priyaralu Pilichindi, and many many more =D

I will post the links here soon *

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anjkhoney-Dreamy_Girl-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "South Indian Music Galaxy (Page 3)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 23 September 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged
This is a nice thread. Thanks Anjali dear to open this. Trying to listen to all the songs posted here.

Recently I listened to a song from the movie Bale Pandiya. The song has been sung by 20 playback singers. The song itself is nothing much. But it has been a nice experience listening to it and trying to follow through who sang which portion of it. I don't know how to post a Song link here. Once I figure out I will post it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anjkhoney

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 23 September 2010 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
OMG there are like billions of songs i like.. Fav singers would be Karthik, Chinmayi, KK, Sonu Nigam (he sings brilliant kannada songs), Mamta Mohandas, Udit Narayan, Javed Ali etc etc.. Fav music directors DSP, Mani Sharma, A R Rehman, Harris Jeyaraj, YSR and my fav songs are dozons but some new songs which came out recently i love and some old ones im posting the mixed one will update it later too.. Enjoy some of my fav's

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

x.sunayna.xanjkhoney

anjkhoney

IF-Dazzler

anjkhoney

Posted: 30 September 2010 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Thank you all for the wonderful support.. Was so happy to hear all the songs posted here.. Most of them are my fav tooEmbarrassed.. I'll be back with my list soon..

Pl do continue supporting us and making this thread a huge successSmile...

nandini27

Viewbie

nandini27

Posted: 03 October 2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged
I guess this is gonna be my Most fav thread on the whole IF! Big smile I do mean it....coz i am a terrible music freak. Frankly i know only Tamil and Malayalam very well amongst the south languages....Though listening and seeing scenes from telugu movies, i can kind of guess or try to their meanings. But Music is something i love beyond the words. So a BIG THANK YOU for opening this thread. Am grateful and reallly Happy for that. Hug

Favourite Singers: its a HUGE HUGE list i must say...but i'l choose the ones i never miss their songs. First would be i think Shreya Ghoshal without doubt. I am a big big fan of hers. The best thing i like about her is, she sings songs and its lyrics flawlessly. Her best example i think 'Unna Vida' from Virumaandi. She is not a tamilian but yet she never fails to catpure her actual emotions in the song and sing it with so much passion. And Other singers who go by the Ditto Same quality and my fav are Karthik Blushing, Hariharan, SPB, Haricharan, Harish, Shaan, Naresh Iyer, Renjith from male singers. And from female: Sadhna Sargam, Chithra, Sujatha, Janaki, Harini, Divya, Bombay Jayashree, Swarnalatha....am pretty sure i DID miss out a lot of names...i might come back and update as and when i remember them! LOL

Fav Music Directors: Ilaiyaraja, ARR are my top fav...and I love Imman,  Yuvan, GV Prakash after them...Their songs are quite different and catchy...Harris, Vidyasagar, Bharadwaj are okie types for me. They seem to many times copy the music from their own songs. It ruins my love for the song...I wish they bcome more into making different. Not that my favs dont, but its numbered and rare and found after a lot of research. The least fav ones dont appeal me that much.
Oh and i love Devi Sri Prasad for his funky type dancey songs. I dont pay much attention to his song's lyrics. But music wise, he does awesome. And i love the old is gold Vishwanathan( i hope thts his name)

Fav Songs: There are loads. Choosing from my current playlist these are the ones i listen to often: Munbe Vaa, Snehidhane, Sokkuthey, Yeh Rasathi, Raasaave Unnai, Anuraaga Vilichanan, Hrudayavum, Kanninima...and loads more....hehe....well we have the whole thread for ourselves, so i guess i can mention more later too.

Fav lyricists: I wish i knew who all wrote songs for my fav songs in Malayalam and Telugu. I am quite not researchful in finding who wrote them Ouch SO who ever wrote my fav...i love them LOL And in Tamil i love Vaali, Vairamuthu, Muthukumar and loads more.

About South Music: i think they are one of the kind. If bollywood and hollywood have their flavours, so does South music. Its something different, which cant be copied and is unique. I am proud that southern music is GREAT though it doesnt get as much recognition as much as Hindi/English songs. But i can definetly see it growing more and one day mayb it will achieve to be known all over the world. Big smile

Thanks a LOT again for this wonderful thread.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-musicluv-anjkhoneyMP_Radha

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 13 October 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
My favorite songs - keeps on singing in my mind... from the movie Ayan
Vizhi Moodi Yosithaal

Nenje Nenje

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

x.sunayna.x

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 13 October 2010 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
One More - Happy from Bale Pandiya - Around 20 singers sing it.

malluangel

IF-Rockerz

malluangel

Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
does anyone have the lyrics to anwar songs?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top