Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous

Guy Advice Please!!!

ExoticDivinity2 Senior Member
ExoticDivinity2
ExoticDivinity2

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 12:37pm | IP Logged

hey guys, I need guy advice lol.....

there is this guy that I think is cute and he works at this bank that I just started going to.  Well I started going cuz one day i was with my friend Rita and we went to the bank so she could make a deposit and then go to starbucks next door...well when we went in, the guy, let's say his name is A, was the teller and he deposited her check and didnt ask her any questions...just said thank you Rita have a nice day after the check was deposited.  I thought he was cute so the following week I decided to come and deposit my check in the hopes that he would be my teller.  I had to meet my friend Jimmy so I told him to come with me to the bank next door and so I could deposit my check and take a glance at him too.  I forgot my checkbook so I couldn't fill out the amount that was on my check and had to get a paper to fill out from the bank.  I kept going in and out of the line because I wasn't sure if I was filling out the paper right and also because I was hoping to get him as a teller.  I stood in line again and noticed that an old lady was about to leave and I was next and A was my teller!!  I went up to him and the first thing I said was "I have no idea if I did this right" and I handed him the paper that had my account information and my check.  Now I have gone many times to the same bank with my other friends who did the same thing, filling out this little slip of paper if they had their checkbook, and there were no questions asked, and everything was deposited.  In my case, After I said that line that I had no idea if I filled out that slip right he laughed and said its okay don't worry about it and told me to swipe my ATM card if I had it and if I knew my pin number.  So I did that.  He was smiling and stuff and looking at the computer.  And then he looked at my name and said Asia right? And he pronounced it like the continent Asia.  I said no, it's pronounced Aasiyah and I pronounced my name correctly for him.  He laughed and then i said that I bet people butcher your name too.  And he smiled.  Then he asked me if I wanted the check to be put in my savings account or my checking and I said no checking always, and he said oh yah of course (he muttered that under his breath I guess cuz he didn't want to look stupid maybe).  I asked him where he was from because his name seemed middle eastern to me (well I knew he was Indian already but I just wanted to make conversation) and he went through explaining to me that he was half Indian and half Pakistani (his mom was Paki and dad Indian exactly like me!!) and i said "oh cool, same here!" and then he smiled and then my check was deposited and he said thank you and gave me my reciept and that was it. 

Now I know it sounds like a typical teller but no, the reason I say that is because no one in my whole entire banking life of 2 years has ever asked me my name on the account, laughed and looked more at the computer then at me (maybe he was shy Confused) and told me in detail about his background.  He didnt have to do anything except to simply deposit my check and no one has ever asked me if I should deposit my check in the checking or savings...its automatically in the checking...and all other tellers never asked me that.  And then laughing at my joke and at other stuff and not making much eye contact with me (cuz maybe he had to look at the computer Confused)  My friend had him the week before and he just deposited the check and said thank you to her and that was it.  What was that all about?  Do you think that maybe he seemed interested and wanted to conversate with me???  Please let me know what you guys think. 

And give me ideas on what to say the next time I see him....I want him to notice me Wink

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Cool "problem", Aasiyah Wink

I can definitely see one of two things going on here:

one, that he liked you and was trying to stall you and get to know u better in the short time he knew he'd have to make an impression Wink (best case scenario!) or

two, that he got those i-like-u vibes from you and remembered u from ur previous visit, and maybe just KNEW u were here to see him again.. hehe.. cud happen...

if it was case two, then either he just wanted to be polite (which is the worst case scenario and dosn't sound very credible to me..) or he likes u too and was maybe a lil embarrassed about seeing u again and dint know how to react... which also explains the rubbish he was talking abt checking a/c and stuff... he was probably thinking of something else entirely Wink

ummm... if u ask me i think it is most probably case one... i think he noticed u, liked u and probably wished that he cud know u better.. but there are too many constraints in a setting like this.. bank rules about getting overfriendly maybe.. and ppl waiting in the queue after u.. he probably forced himself to be normal even if there were other thughts running thru his mind.. Wink.. and that's a good thing really!!

about next time... why don't u just 'happen' to be standing right outside the bank with ur friends at closing time.... and happen to catch his eye.. his reaction then will tell u everything u need to know!!!!! LOLThumbs Up
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Good Luck Smile
ExoticDivinity2 Senior Member
ExoticDivinity2
ExoticDivinity2

Posted: 10 February 2005 at 12:35am | IP Logged
haha thanks guys!!!  queenbee imma take ur advice and stand out there at 6pm when the bank closes and see where he comes out and see what happens...though i will try not to make it obvious lol.  luckily there is a cafe so if things go well.......Wink then maybe ill just ask him to have coffee with me lol Heart
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 10 February 2005 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
excellent advice, queenbee! Clap  Best of luck, Aasiyah and please let us know how it goes! Smile
cowz_lover Senior Member
cowz_lover
cowz_lover

Posted: 10 February 2005 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
awesome advice
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top