Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
bad habits he needs to get rid of... stop smoking in public... it's annoying and sets a bad example... especially when he is sitting with other people and smokes in their faces... they can't exactly tell him to stop doing that... πŸ˜›   also, keep his ego in check... some of his comments come across as cocky... but i think that's his own lack of self esteem/confidence showing, which he pretty much says so as well... 😊  overall, i think i like him more as a person than an actor...

fact that he has reached to such heights from being a nobody without any connections whatsoever to filmi family says a lot about him... everyone keeps commenting how he is where he is because of Yashraj/Karan johar camp, etc., but which actor does not has backing..?  aamir had his filmi connections and when his career was 'almost over', he came back with a bang, thanks to mansoor khan, and had an amazing debut... πŸ˜›   the only other superstar that did not use his own connections that i remember are probably salman and akshay... what i love most is that he has not forgotten his beginnings, and always remembers his past as well... keeps him grounded...!

and yes, he may be overrated as an actor, but who isn't...?  everyone is, including aamir, salman, akshay, hrithik, amitabh, etc... i guess in bollywood, it's better to be overrated than underrated... to me, he deserves it... he really is a fine example of, zero to hero... and yes, his charm and wit are surely unmatched... sometimes, he can go over the limits...

i've liked him since i saw deewana... it's ironic how far he has come from that time, taking up all the rejected roles of half the industry...  surely, there is hard work, but yes, he is also very lucky... i like the fact that he does not throw around his weight on the sets or interfere too much on the sets... think that is a major reason why he became a favourite with YRF... πŸ˜›  

though, i am not excited about any of his upcoming projects (but then i feel that way about most of the upcoming bolly movies), i wish him luck always...!

ladygaga thumbnail
Then came Darr! Darr is the core that defines Srk.. He was so uninhibited, energetic, un-diluted in this movie... his performance was like a hurricane.. which got everyone and anyone.. Just imagine standing in front of Sunny deol and getting beaten up by him, I mean NO ONE stands in front of Sunny and takes away all the credit... and that too in a movie with significant amount of action.. His obssesive scenes, the chase scenes between him and Sunny, his last dying scene.. his infamous kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkirannnnn... everything was just mindblowing!! I read it somewhere that everyone who came out of the theater after watching that movie just forgot about Sunny.. only Srk was on their minds!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDMJbhS-KwI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Darr forever will be my fav Srk performance coz in this movie he was as original as it can get.. later on in his career he did get influenced by many actors but in darr he was just SRk.. From the songs jadu teri nazar, to tu mere saamne.. every song had a soul.. and I just loved Srk and Juhi in darr beyond words.. altho it wasn't a rosy love story.. but juhi played the part of a sensual heroine pretty well.. and added a sweet touch to her performance..

Which takes me to Srk and Juhi's scene in KHKN.. When sunil loses anaa I was more than happy that he found Juhi at the end..πŸ˜† SRk and juhi are something else... the comfort level and the friendship and the ease in their relationship offscreen can be easily seen in their performances on screen...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VezHc7Pv6eI[/YOUTUBE]

From Darr Srk impressed YRF.. and they gave him his launchpad DDLJ.. I remember Srk saying in one of his interviews.. that Yashji told him that all the actors got launched by their dads and by their relatives.. and by big banners.. there you go... we will launch you with DDLJ.. and my my what a launch that was!! And he never looked back after that..

This has to be my fav scene from DDLJ.. raaj running late to class just like me.. and "Chutti to nahi hai aaj" was just an epic...πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYJVFVUm59M[/YOUTUBE]

After that his career was pretty rock steady.. he saw some ups and downs.. here and there but he still maintained his position well.. Dil se was another movie that impressed me in the time being.. he played another obsessed lover in this one, but there were different shades in his character, the movie itself carried other messages and was an intriguing love story set in an amazing backdrop.. from that time.. his song Chaiya Chaiya.. made an impact on me.. it is rated as one of the most pop song of its time in Asia.. Amazing lyrics by gulzaar.. awesome choregraphy by farah.. and Srk and malika were sizzling together.. very trendsetting song..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2gW3zwMMQ[/YOUTUBE]

After that the next imp event in his life acc to me would be the lauch of dreamz unlimited with Phir bhi dil hai hindustani.. THe way Srk promoted that flick was just OTT, I don't think that any movie before that was promoted like that.. even 10 min before the release of the movie he was giving interviews.. appearing on talk shows.. its songs were everywhere.. i would say acc to my knowlege of hindi cinema.. which could be wrong.. the OTT promotion of this movie was very trendsetting and it was the begginning of the times for  actors to come out and promote their movies properly....And the disaster was that the movie ended up being a huge flop.. lol.. but it did not dampen the spirits of SRk and Juhi's dreamz in any which way.. My fav song from the movie was this one...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81nvP8sPof8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Then he went on to produce Asoka.. which was darring considering his last production's disaster.. But Asoka will always be one of my fav Srk movies.. and my fav Srk flop.. Just the beautiful setting of the movie.. the magical air about the movie.. Kareena.. Santosh sivan's spectacular cinematography.. was spellbounding for me.. my fav song from asoka..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iclYb1jUwKY[/YOUTUBE]

After that him and his production house finally found success with MHN.. with Farah's direction..

I still think that Sushmita is one of the most beautiful Indian woman that I have ever seen in a saree..😳

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3mD3HFT2Gk[/YOUTUBE]

Forgot to mention Chak de.. which will always be very special in Srk's filmography.. this was one performance where he shutted critics mouths.. and stayed away from his cliched mannerisms and adas and gave a very realistic performance.. people.. also credit swades  as one of his performance where he underplayed a character.. but give me chak de India any day over Swades...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2L_BKawy8[/YOUTUBE]

Then came OSO.. one of his biggest hits.. and then Rab ne and MNIK.. which I liked and enjoyed in parts.. hehe

Its impossible to write about Srk without mentioning his other abilities.. he is my fav orator in bollywood.. the way he speaks in events and interviews is just soo elequent and charming except ofcourse when he is taking jibes at others..lol.. His career path has been pretty amusing.. from getting early success to seeing failures in his businesses and also his movies.. but his spirits have always been high despite failure which is very commendable in my eyes..His ability to say even the most eerie and controversial things and still get away with it is very shocking and amusing..Nobody knows what future holds for him.. but one thing is for sure that he will keep on going forward in his true Srk style.. and he will forever be the most inspiring factor in my life..

Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What did you think of his debut movie?

Loved him in It, even more than Rishi Kapoor! Just loved his charisma and intensity!

How has he grown as an actor?

He def matured as an actor! Did a lot of different kind of roles. Comedy, Villain, drama, and more! SRk is the kind of actor who can do any role!

If you like him, when did you first start liking him?
I started liking him when I watched his first film! My first film of his was Baazigar! Loved his performance in the film! SRK has this charisma that you can't help but love him on screen! Than came DDLJ and I was a huge fan after that and I still love him!

Any favorite movie of his?
OMG there are a lot: not in any order
Deewana
King Uncle
Baazigar (awesome film, amazing peformance)
Karan Arjun
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Srk and kajol both amazing in the film)
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (kajol and SRk both performed well)
Army (he had a small role but still loved the film)
Koyla
Dil To Pagal Hai
Baadshah
Josh
Mohabbatein
One 2 Ka 4
Asoka (loved SRK and kareena chemistry and both of them performed very well)
K3G
Main Hoon Na

Anything else you'd like to share?
I loved SRk in Devdas. Even though am not a fan of the film, but SRk's performance was worth watching. He was the best part of the film. Srk has the on screen charisma that no other actor of today has! Thatz what makes him special and stand out from the rest of the khans and the rest of the top actors of today. And plus he is a good actor! Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the most adorable star! :)
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

[quote]THe way Srk promoted that flick was just OTT, I don't think that any movie before that was promoted like that.. even 10 min before the release of the movie he was giving interviews.. appearing on talk shows.. its songs were everywhere.. i would say acc to my knowlege of hindi cinema.. which could be wrong.. the OTT promotion of this movie was very trendsetting and it was the begginning of the times for actors to come out and promote their movies properly.[/quote]

Yes the credit to crazy promotions wave goes to Shah and it all started with Phir Bhi. That's why they call him the greatest BW marketer. He started the trend, and slowly everyone started doing it.

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
HAYEE SRK, where should i start now?? I never was his fan till my brother forced me to watch his deewana. My brother instantly became his fan and after the movie he hasn't missed any of his movie, not even GUDDUπŸ˜† Anyway remember srk's aysi deewangii jumping around dance??
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXmL7WpMyu4[/YOUTUBE]
I also like to give the credit to divya for becoming Srk fan, i just loved their pairing they were super cute. However i wasn't his super crazy fan till Baazigar. The first Srk movie i had tears. I don't remember if Srk won the award or not for the movie but he was excellent in his role. Where he kills herione sister but also fall in love with Kajol's character. I fell in love with most of the songs from Kaali Kaali Aakhain(fell in love with their chemistry), title track and chupana bhi nahee ahta. My most fav part of the movie has to be climax where he tells kajol how her father snatched everything from him. two thumbs up!! But after baazigar Srk became fav negative character Darr and Anjaam and i seriously hated both of the movies as he plays a character where you don't have any sympathy for him. But who thought he would rock in Romantic movies?? He even refused DDLJ but there is a saying, whatever is in your fate, you will get it no matter what. Finally i became Srk and Kajol offical 'fangirl'πŸ˜† Raj and Simran, i don't remember how many serial(ekta) or how many directors tried to remake  or copied some parts ddlj but failed creating the magic. My few favorite scenes from the movie
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-1Kwm9IUhs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]
NOT TO FORget raj's one sentence to simran "nahee mein nahee aoon ga' was saying thousand things. na kuch keh ke bhi bahut kuch keh gaya. And their chemistry and how he gives a look to simran, it was 😍 his role changed many things, i guess after that movie guys might had stopped believing in run away and get marriedπŸ˜† i just loved how he tries to win her family's heart. He just won my heart. He had given many flops but he never given up. He was awesome and lovable in Dil se, amazing in Swades. Especially when people said Srk days are over he should pack his bags and leave. they're old blah..but he never lost hope and he fight back given great performance in KHNH, DEVDAS, KKHH. I still remember hw he received death threats during PBDHH. I still don't understand why movie bombed as movie was amazingly shot and made. Oh the promotion was crazily OTT and i loved all the songs and his chemistry with Juhi was top notch!! Gorgeous couple. I loved him in Chak de, and kabhi haan kabhi naa..my fav performances of his. in chak de he was HOT!!! i never thought that kind of look will ever suit him and his personality but it DID!!! BIG TIME!! and the promotion was amazing too, not over the top but promos rocked, especially these 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NWwrarwqPE&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPGJ2QwIvzk&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
LOVE WHAT SRK says in the end about NEYAT!! Srk has always started his own trends and i was shocked how other actors refused Chak De, but i only see only him doing the role. He proved why is he called King Khan!! And surprisingly movie became blockbuster even without songs dancing around the trees and that too UNDER YASHRAJ!!πŸ˜† Nor he had to romance any girl. I wish they could make a sequel. Now my last 2 movies RNBDJ and MNIK!! I think srk played surii so beautifully and raj very enjoyably irritating but i LOVED BOTH!!! I wish we could have more suri's in the real world. In MNIK, i just enjoyed his journey with his family and to meet the president. My favorite scene was where one couple hesitate to offer his prayer and he tells prayer comes from dedication from the heart!! After MNIK, i was super proud of him, the speech he gives in the church was perfect!! MNIK would had been incomplete without his journey meeting Mama Jenny.

Other things i love about srk is how he is loyal to his wife and family, and extremely humble to his fans!! i wish i knew he was shooting for KANK, would had met him! oh btw forget to mention how much i hated kank and was so embarrassed! Hope he never do such cheap characters. I have seen few parents who are not so proud to have a daughter but thank God srk isn't like that, he is more close to suhana that he is to aryan. All i know srk will never bow down in life as he struggled a lot in life and that's what he also show in his movies like Chak De, MNIK, DDLJ, Swades. Kudos to him for showing something different in each movie. He always spread positivity and isn't afraid to tell someone off. Kudos to him and proud to be his fan. Sorry for the long long post😳 Thanks for reading, if you didπŸ˜ƒ

nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
SRK's recent tweets about his father made me realize another aspect of him that I love dearly.. His love towards his parents.. I'm not saying that the other stars don't love their parents.. It just that he's so vocal about it. Its so obvious that he still deeply misses his parents.. I don't know but that just makes me respect him even more!
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@ nimrah: So true, SRK is always honest about his feelings and shares it openly...but some sick minded people interpret it as 'publicity'...how low can some be...anyways...i luv him n no second thoughts on tat one😳😳😳

Pria