Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

saomom

IF-Rockerz

saomom

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
While I enjoy the fellowship of this forum more than others, I do frequent the Geet, DMG and Tere Liye forums.

A lot of the people over there discuss the symbolism in the those shows. Now, I'll be real honest, I never pick up on it while I'm watching. Perhaps I'm too shallow, or just get swept away by the romance. LOL LOL

At any rate, it got me thinking about SNS. Do you guys see any symbolism in SNS? There was one post recently that sort of addressed this. (I don't understand the Hindu religion, and I don't want to sound disrespectful - it was the epi where Aham and Gopi put the baby in the melon/gourd and then passed it off to Jigar and Rashi.) I can understand what the author of the thread was trying to convey, although if she were right, I would not be happy. LOL

So my question to all of you is this - do you see the writers using any symbolism? If so, what do you derive from it?

Edited by saomom - 12 September 2010 at 8:50pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ladydivinetaral83bholabearShell16-tellyaddict-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Symbolism and SNS" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bholabear

IF-Rockerz

bholabear

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Hi.

Actually, am not a regular viewer, more rather a regular reader of updates, so really, I cannot say. Tongue

Mostly, so far in this show, I see not much symbolism in this show, don't know about the other viewers, though.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-tellyaddict-

taral83

IF-Dazzler

taral83

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged
There isn't much of symbolism in SNS........its not that deep i would say. I watch Geet and many other serials, where symobolism occurs more often then in SNS. However, the difference is also that those serials have more of a  deeper meaning, more serious drama. SNS is more of a simple story with simple problems. So the use of symobolism has not accured too many times on this show. Just my POV. I am sure once the story gets a bit more deeper and interesting things will start to pop up. But until then.....we will just have to watch the same circle.  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

VivaciousQueensaomombholabear-tellyaddict-

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Symbolisms are really missing in this show! There are two small ones that I have noticed:

- Gopi's name - gopis are devotees of Lord Krishna and they will do anything for the love of kanaji. Gopi is the same with Aham...she is devoted to him blindly.

- the Nagpanchmi temple scene where Gopi accidentally spills the red tikka all over Aham. That was a symbolic moment if you remember the way they highlighted the two of them after she did it and the sanskit shalok music. Wasn't quite sure of the significance. Here I will take a guess.

That celebration is for Shiva and Shiva's devote adorn themselves with all sorts of things...ash, tikka and I am sure other things.

Shiva and his consort Parvati are known for their passionate and volatile love story and relationship.... Shiva is totally dedicated to Parvati. Girls always pray to him that they find a husband like him. Unlike Krishna who had multiple wives, Shiva only has one.   

By making Aham into Shiva they are alluding to their future relationship.

Do you guys agree?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bholabearsaomom-tellyaddict-

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovtv

Symbolisms are really missing in this show! There are two small ones that I have noticed:

- Gopi's name - gopis are devotees of Lord Krishna and they will do anything for the love of kanaji. Gopi is the same with Aham...she is devoted to him blindly.

- the Nagpanchmi temple scene where Gopi accidentally spills the red tikka all over Aham. That was a symbolic moment if you remember the way they highlighted the two of them after she did it and the sanskit shalok music. Wasn't quite sure of the significance. Here I will take a guess.

That celebration is for Shiva and Shiva's devote adorn themselves with all sorts of things...ash, tikka and I am sure other things.

Shiva and his consort Parvati are known for their passionate and volatile love story and relationship.... Shiva is totally dedicated to Parvati. Girls always pray to him that they find a husband like him. Unlike Krishna who had multiple wives, Shiva only has one.   

By making Aham into Shiva they are alluding to their future relationship.

Do you guys agree?

i completely agree shelly....
when Aham and Gopi were doing pooja together on naagpanchami with Shlokas in BG it was evident that they Will be together in future...but when thats the question...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 11:50am | IP Logged
That is always the question with them!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom-tellyaddict-

taral83

IF-Dazzler

taral83

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
ya I don't remember any symbolism, exept for their names and the Naagpacham pooja. There was however some forshadowing. I think in my opinion. there are been a few incidents where Gopi has helped ahem in his work, some things that he would have messed up on. In that case, it sort of forshadows that she will be the link to his success. Also i guess, when Ahem rips thier picture and she joins it back, forshadows that she will bring them back together............again....all this is to understated.......n we might be thinking it too much in thought.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Shell16saomom-tellyaddict-

saomom

IF-Rockerz

saomom

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
I guess bottom line is that if we were EVER TO HAVE A REAL STORYLINE we might actually be able to see some symbolism.

What do you think about this:

1. Gopi is always yelled at by Ahem. Symbolism: He'll never be happy with her.

2. Rashi never gets caught being bad. Symbolism: Evil wins.

3. Jigar and Heal are always smiling. Symbolism: They're too stupid to know better.

4. Koki is always scolding. Symbolism: I have no idea.

I'm beginning to think that we're never gonna get a real story here...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

elgeebholabearShell16-tellyaddict-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.