Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Arshie

Goldie

Arshie

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 6:00am | IP Logged

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, but honestly i  love this place..

My friend forced a copy of jane eyre into my hand and even though the begining of the book was dry, the rest of it brought a lot of tears ....

I esp love that part where jane leaves rochester and the words used to describe her feelings were slendid..they were..." Gentel reader,may you never feel what i then felt! May your eyes never shed such stormy, scalding, heart-wrung tears as poured from mine. May you never appeal to Heaven in prayers so hopeless and so agonised as in that hour left my lips; for never may you, like me, dread to be the instument of evil to what you wholly love."

That part truly made me cry.

Anyone who agrees with me?

Edited by Arshie - 12 September 2010 at 6:03am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sweet_gurl93Nida_21ElusiveDevotionbd670816

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anyone like jane eyre...?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet_gurl93

Goldie

sweet_gurl93

Posted: 13 September 2010 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Hi, is that a really good book to read?
beacause im supposed to read books based on the Victorian era, so would you recommend it?

Maheen xx

Arshie

Goldie

Arshie

Posted: 15 September 2010 at 9:56am | IP Logged
sweet gurls... i would recoomend the book if u have a little patience...the starting is kinda dry but the rest of it is really worthwhile...be a little patient in the beginning and i guarantee u will not regret reading... Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sweet_gurl93ElusiveDevotion

aishwaria

IF-Dazzler

aishwaria

Posted: 17 September 2010 at 1:13am | IP Logged
I had Jane Eyre for literature in grade 9, never liked it. However there is one dialogue that i would never forget said by Mr.Rochester to Jane
''...my transformation from indian rubber ball back to flesh'' never understood what it actually meant.

But the paragraph that you have posted is truly touching. Bronte described everything beautifully only storyline was disappointing.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 17 September 2010 at 1:39am | IP Logged
I do remember loving it the first time I'd read it. That is one of my favorite parts from the book...got really emotional whilst reading it. Can't wait till I get it again. :)

Nida_21

Goldie

Nida_21

Posted: 19 September 2010 at 5:17am | IP Logged

i was forced to continue dis book by my eldes sister ...coz to be honest the start was a bit boring but my my sister kept on saying '' naa u will love it, its not boring'' ....n true once i managed to cover few pages den there was no stopping ....don't know  how many times i read it ...but each time i felt completely dissolved n a bit sad n emotional ...felt da pain , emotions ..a superb novel written in a splendid way ClapClap...

love
nida ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionbd670816

Arshie

Goldie

Arshie

Posted: 20 September 2010 at 9:16am | IP Logged
@aishwarya...

one of the few people who tell me that they didn't like the bokk.Wink..but i agree with u the para is really beautiful.

@ nida_21

i completely agree... the begining was really dragging...but it really made me cry...

princessmithai

Goldie

princessmithai

Posted: 20 September 2010 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
I loved Jane Eyre very much its not boring at all
yes initially there is a vry gloomy ambience abt it in the story but the story is very strong n is excellent

Post Reply New Post

Go to top