Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?

In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..

Right about the first part  .
well,  shiney had confessed so does that leave any more doubts unless shineys an idiot !
A headline in TOI , today, reads- "despite maids U turn on rape, DNA evidence against Shiney strong , say prosecuters."
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: angie.4u

Right about the first part  .
well,  shiney had confessed so does that leave any more doubts unless shineys an idiot !
A headline in TOI , today, reads- "despite maids U turn on rape, DNA evidence against Shiney strong , say prosecuters."

According to what i have read on this thread Shiney has confessed to consensual sex not rape...........that makes him a cheater but not a criminal.......but if his wife is defending him that makes his wife an idiot........
Here in USA there is a law in some states ......'Alienation of affection'.....where the spouse can sue their husband's/wife's lover for making their spouse cheat on them....its crazy but people have won lots of money .....
_Angie_ thumbnail

According to what i have read on this thread Shiney has confessed to consensual sex not rape...........that makes him a cheater but not a criminal.......but if his wife is defending him that makes his wife an idiot........
Here in USA there is a law in some states ......'Alienation of affection'.....where the spouse can sue their husband's/wife's lover for making their spouse cheat on them....its crazy but people have won lots of money .....

Some laws are strange indeed !
Some ppl 's behaviour is even more strange wrt the bolded. In the Ruchika -Rathod case too, Rathods wife who is a lawyer was trying to defend her husbands heinous crime !!!
Indradhanush thumbnail
Hillary Clinton did stay with Bill isn't it? I found these reason s on net why wives stay with cheating husbands

Below are just a few of the many reasons wives choose to stay with husbands who cheat:

Love

Convenience

Financial reasons

Not willing to give up lifestyle

Insufficient proof of infidelity

For the sake of the children

Fear of change

Low self-esteem

Bad timing

Thinking the cheater will change

To achieve career goals

Hoping counseling will help

Fear of being alone

Loyalty

Religious beliefs

Desire to keep the family intact

Belief that it wont happen again

But there could be other reasons, as well -- reasons which make sense only to the woman involved.

In the end, it comes down to a woman doing what she feels is in her (and her childrens) best interests.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Beside the point....

The real draconian law needing immediate amendment is anti dowry law. I have seen big guns (of the rank of DGP) evading arrest and (up to) leaving country once implicated in a hurry..

This law is being abused/misused in urban India to no end.
gopalbhai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The victim did lodge the complaint ,  and i do not think , it is that easy to assume that she will do it turn things to her advantage by admitting an incidence  like getting raped public.  If we start doubting all the cases reported , there will be no chance at all  for genuine victims  In this case police dared to arrest him only after medical tests pointed to a rape incident.

I failed to understand , who is minority here , in this case the accused is  part of  a powerful and famous minority.
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

Hillary Clinton did stay with Bill isn't it? I found these reason s on net why wives stay with cheating husbands

Below are just a few of the many reasons wives choose to stay with husbands who cheat:

Love

Convenience

Financial reasons

Not willing to give up lifestyle

Insufficient proof of infidelity

For the sake of the children

Fear of change

Low self-esteem

Bad timing

Thinking the cheater will change

To achieve career goals

Hoping counseling will help

Fear of being alone

Loyalty

Religious beliefs

Desire to keep the family intact

Belief that it wont happen again

But there could be other reasons, as well -- reasons which make sense only to the woman involved.

In the end, it comes down to a woman doing what she feels is in her (and her childrens) best interests.

Acceptance or forgiving is one thing but actively defending and denying in the face of evidence as being done by Shineys and Rathod's wife is quite another !
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

Beside the point....

The real draconian law needing immediate amendment is anti dowry law. I have seen big guns (of the rank of DGP) evading arrest and (up to) leaving country once implicated in a hurry..

This law is being abused/misused in urban India to no end.

Every law has the potential to be misused , thats the reason why a fair trial is a must .There must be strict laws against frivolous and malafide charges esp when proved!
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: gopalbhai

The victim did lodge the complaint ,  and i do not think , it is that easy to assume that she will do it turn things to her advantage by admitting an incidence  like getting raped public.  If we start doubting all the cases reported , there will be no chance at all  for genuine victims  In this case police dared to arrest him only after medical tests pointed to a rape incident.

I failed to understand , who is minority here , in this case the accused is  part of  a powerful and famous minority.

Probably minority is not the right word........so lets say weak instead..............for example....if a husband and wife have a physical fight......and the wife gets hurt immediately the husband is presumed guilty and the wife as innocent because she is perceived as physically the weaker of the two..........maybe she had started the fight and maybe she hit her husband more than he hit her...but ask a lay person...the husband is guilty..........that is what I meant to say...that the weaker of the two parties is automatically presumed innocent...

And like I said earlier I do not know anything about this case...this thread is the first time I am reading about it....I am not saying that the maid is lying....I was just talking in general....that until proven guilty both the parties should be presumed innocent.....