Time to amend rape law? (Page 6)

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gopalbhai

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?

In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..

The victim did lodge the complaint ,  and i do not think , it is that easy to assume that she will do it turn things to her advantage by admitting an incidence  like getting raped public.  If we start doubting all the cases reported , there will be no chance at all  for genuine victims  In this case police dared to arrest him only after medical tests pointed to a rape incident.

I failed to understand , who is minority here , in this case the accused is  part of  a powerful and famous minority.

Probably minority is not the right word........so lets say weak instead..............for example....if a husband and wife have a physical fight......and the wife gets hurt immediately the husband is presumed guilty and the wife as innocent because she is perceived as physically the weaker of the two..........maybe she had started the fight and maybe she hit her husband more than he hit her...but ask a lay person...the husband is guilty..........that is what I meant to say...that the weaker of the two parties is automatically presumed innocent...

And like I said earlier I do not know anything about this case...this thread is the first time I am reading about it....I am not saying that the maid is lying....I was just talking in general....that until proven guilty both the parties should be presumed innocent.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gopalbhai

Go to top