Debate Mansion

   

Time to amend rape law? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 08 September 2010 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?


In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..
Right about the first part  .
well,  shiney had confessed so does that leave any more doubts unless shineys an idiot !
A headline in TOI , today, reads- "despite maids U turn on rape, DNA evidence against Shiney strong , say prosecuters."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Time to amend rape law? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Joined: 04 March 2009

Posts: 28725

Posted: 08 September 2010 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?


In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..
Right about the first part  .
well,  shiney had confessed so does that leave any more doubts unless shineys an idiot !
A headline in TOI , today, reads- "despite maids U turn on rape, DNA evidence against Shiney strong , say prosecuters."

According to what i have read on this thread Shiney has confessed to consensual sex not rape...........that makes him a cheater but not a criminal.......but if his wife is defending him that makes his wife an idiot........
Here in USA there is a law in some states ......'Alienation of affection'.....where the spouse can sue their husband's/wife's lover for making their spouse cheat on themWacko....its crazy but people have won lots of money .....

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 08 September 2010 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?


In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..
Right about the first part  .
well,  shiney had confessed so does that leave any more doubts unless shineys an idiot !
A headline in TOI , today, reads- "despite maids U turn on rape, DNA evidence against Shiney strong , say prosecuters."

According to what i have read on this thread Shiney has confessed to consensual sex not rape...........that makes him a cheater but not a criminal.......but if his wife is defending him that makes his wife an idiot........
Here in USA there is a law in some states ......'Alienation of affection'.....where the spouse can sue their husband's/wife's lover for making their spouse cheat on themWacko....its crazy but people have won lots of money .....
Some laws are strange indeed !
Some ppl 's behaviour is even more strange wrt the bolded. In the Ruchika -Rathod case too, Rathods wife who is a lawyer was trying to defend her husbands heinous crime !!!

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Joined: 08 June 2007

Posts: 2457

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Hillary Clinton did stay with Bill isn't it? I found these reason s on net why wives stay with cheating husbands

Below are just a few of the many reasons wives choose to stay with husbands who cheat:

Love

Convenience

Financial reasons

Not willing to give up lifestyle

Insufficient proof of infidelity

For the sake of the children

Fear of change

Low self-esteem

Bad timing

Thinking the cheater will change

To achieve career goals

Hoping counseling will help

Fear of being alone

Loyalty

Religious beliefs

Desire to keep the family intact

Belief that it wont happen again

But there could be other reasons, as well -- reasons which make sense only to the woman involved.

In the end, it comes down to a woman doing what she feels is in her (and her childrens) best interests.

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Joined: 08 June 2007

Posts: 2457

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Beside the point....

The real draconian law needing immediate amendment is anti dowry law. I have seen big guns (of the rank of DGP) evading arrest and (up to) leaving country once implicated in a hurry..

This law is being abused/misused in urban India to no end.

gopalbhai

Goldie

gopalbhai

Joined: 06 October 2006

Posts: 1361

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by gopalbhai

How about his wife, who right form day 1 was supporting Shiney Ahuja and blaming the maid all along ?  Even if it were consensual ,  it was still cheating.  Even if he were put in jail, he would  still  have been lucky.

Consensual  with a maid is also something that cannot be considered as truly consensual. There is the fear of losing job, threat from a powerful person. The act might have been like consensual but what was the mental pressure on the maid  before that ?


In a big city ...the employers are more scared of losing their maid/househelp rather than the maid being afraid of loosing their jobs.......

I am not saying who is right or wrong because I have no idea about this case....i am reading this thread out of curiosity......but we tend to forget that the minority often tend to take advantage of their minority status...especially in big cities where people are not so naive and know very well how to turn a situation around to their advantage........I feel sorry because the genuine victims do not get attention because of the fake ones..


The victim did lodge the complaint ,  and i do not think , it is that easy to assume that she will do it turn things to her advantage by admitting an incidence  like getting raped public.  If we start doubting all the cases reported , there will be no chance at all  for genuine victims  In this case police dared to arrest him only after medical tests pointed to a rape incident.

I failed to understand , who is minority here , in this case the accused is  part of  a powerful and famous minority.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

Hillary Clinton did stay with Bill isn't it? I found these reason s on net why wives stay with cheating husbands

Below are just a few of the many reasons wives choose to stay with husbands who cheat:

Love

Convenience

Financial reasons

Not willing to give up lifestyle

Insufficient proof of infidelity

For the sake of the children

Fear of change

Low self-esteem

Bad timing

Thinking the cheater will change

To achieve career goals

Hoping counseling will help

Fear of being alone

Loyalty

Religious beliefs

Desire to keep the family intact

Belief that it wont happen again

But there could be other reasons, as well -- reasons which make sense only to the woman involved.

In the end, it comes down to a woman doing what she feels is in her (and her childrens) best interests.
Acceptance or forgiving is one thing but actively defending and denying in the face of evidence as being done by Shineys and Rathod's wife is quite another !

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

Beside the point....

The real draconian law needing immediate amendment is anti dowry law. I have seen big guns (of the rank of DGP) evading arrest and (up to) leaving country once implicated in a hurry..

This law is being abused/misused in urban India to no end.
Every law has the potential to be misused , thats the reason why a fair trial is a must .There must be strict laws against frivolous and malafide charges esp when proved!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Amend Information Technology Amendment Act 2008 tanveer.indian 0 467 23 March 2009 at 10:47am
By tanveer.indian
To be hanged for rape??!!

2

Vinzy 14 948 12 July 2007 at 1:09pm
By simtara
rape: fair or not ~*MaNnU*~ 9 778 01 April 2007 at 1:54am
By MNMS
Rape Law in Pakistan

2 3

Minnie 17 2175 18 November 2006 at 7:30am
By hira_187
Soldier guilty-Iraq Rape & Killings- CNN mermaid_QT 8 547 16 November 2006 at 11:36am
By mermaid_QT

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.