Debate Mansion

India- shd there b freedom 2 carry arms? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
I probably wont have much of an argument to base my take on but I dont support carrying arms anywhere and especially not in a system such as the one now in India.
It is relatively expensive to own a license in India for even a small weapon so I doubt if many people would be able to afford it.

If one enjoys shooting, they can take a class or join a club, not keep guns at home to shoot in their backyard or at endangered animals as a hobby.
As for as those that need it for protection they can learn marshall arts or kalaripayattu, more lethal for sure.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India- shd there b freedom 2 carry arms? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 13 December 2005 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
we already have a reasonably huge law and order prob here. and our law enforcement agencies are also not as good as in other devpd countries... i think these weapons will be used more for offence than defence...

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
IN India Keeping arms is allowed under certain guidelines and in the badland of Bihar and Uttarpradesh and elsewhere there is a thriving business of manufacturing weapons illegally. ARms for personal protection if u are under threat is okay but making them legal for everyones is like handing toys, that can prove dangerous.

gagan

gagan

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
I don't think carrying arms should be legal, Hey we have that right here and are having enough problems with it. The founding fathers created this right in the 16th century, they wanted the people to be able to create an armed malishia (spelling???).

India has its own problems and an armed malishia is not going to help. And the bollywood movies would not help since they advocate the idea of an armed malishia all the time.

However, there should have a right to bear something (another safer weapon) for there protection. Perhaps and electric shocker thingy.

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by gagan

I don't think carrying arms should be legal, Hey we have that right here and are having enough problems with it. The founding fathers created this right in the 16th century, they wanted the people to be able to create an armed malishia (spelling???).

India has its own problems and an armed malishia is not going to help. And the bollywood movies would not help since they advocate the idea of an armed malishia all the time.

However, there should have a right to bear something (another safer weapon) for there protection. Perhaps and electric shocker thingy.

Militia I think is the right spelling gagan.

But most folks in the US really think it is necessary to have a weapon at home. their argument, " Most places by the time the cops arrive you are dead", so imagine the situation in India by the same token :-)

myra1717

myra1717

Posted: 16 December 2005 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
I don't think carrying arms should be legal like there is this movie called bowling for columbine and its was about how in the U.S they are allowed to carry guns and how it was not safe there. There are kids now a days getting guns from their parents and bringing them to school and there was this one incident where this two boys in high school got a gun and shot like 5 people in their school.
i dont think its safe carrying guns
i belive that it brings more voilence.
The U.S has the largest rating for deaths by guns
its legal there to carry guns
what does that tell you?

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by myra1717

I don't think carrying arms should be legal like there is this movie called bowling for columbine and its was about how in the U.S they are allowed to carry guns and how it was not safe there. There are kids now a days getting guns from their parents and bringing them to school and there was this one incident where this two boys in high school got a gun and shot like 5 people in their school.
what does that tell you?

totally agree!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 6:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by winnie_pooh

Originally posted by myra1717

what does that tell you?

totally agree!

me2 winnee.....

aap jo boltha apunko mazooor .........EmbarrassedLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top