Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

zerry123

Goldie

zerry123

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Kay...since we always start discussions about Sony tv in other threads and then discontinue the discussion as it goes OTT, I decided to start a thread just for discussing Sony tv.

Here you can put in the pros and cons of CID being aired on Sony tv.... And you can also discuss how CID would've been different if it was aired on any other channel.

We can talk about channel itself. The ups and downs of the channel. Our favorite shows on Sony tv (other than CID) aired over the years... the reason for the uprise of Sony tv some years ago and the current downfall of Sony.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarjeet.GoldenDew

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sony Entertainment Television" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 1:47am | IP Logged
sony tv is better than many other channels. It follow the name entertainment television in practical too. The best shows like cid, indian idol, dus ka dum etc were its products. It is about our show we are worried about...dont know the future of cid, since the biweekly format is a slow poison.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

Well SONY is in the doldrums right now. They are just not applying the logic, whatever seems to click a bit and overdo it and spoil it for everyone. Turning Aahat into a daily is one of the most bizarre things a channel can do. Who want to see ugly ghostly faces during weekdays when you have school / collage / office the next day? Why does everyone have Horror Shows on weekends cause that is the most correct time to show it.

Look at the Mon-Sat schedule for SONY this week

MON-THU
6:30PM C.I.D [REPEAT]
7:30PM  Mahi Way [REPEAT]
8:30PM  Baat Hamari Pakki Hai 
9:00PM  Comedy Ka Daily Soap 
9:30PM  Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (Season 3) 
10:30PM  Aahat (Season 5) 
11:00PM  Comedy Circus Mahasangram [REPEAT]
FRI
6:30PM C.I.D [REPEAT]
7:30PM  Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (Season 3) [REPEAT]
8:30PM  Baat Hamari Pakki Hai 
9:00PM  Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (Season 3) 
10:00PM  C.I.D 
11:00PM  Aahat (Season 5) [REPEAT]
SAT
6:30PM  C.I.D [REPEAT]
9:00PM  Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo 
10:00PM  C.I.D 
11:00PM  Aahat (Season 5) [REPEAT] 

This channel needs serious rethinking if it wants to survive. They only air repeats and more repeats. Atleast CID repeats were interesting once upon a time. They air Fresh content for just 2.5 Hours a day [8:30 PM to 11:00 PM].

Today they have CID, Aahat and Baat Pakki which seem to work a bit. The first two are being spoilt by overdose and the last I hear due to stupid guest roles and sudden change in characterizations of leads [only heard can't say for sure]. The Comedy thing has been overdone and has become very boring. I don't think the Comedy Ka Daily Soap of it is going to go any far.

I think SONY is in a very interesting position right now. There is a section in the audience who has nothing to watch the whole week. The NON Saas-Bahu, Family Drama and Same Same reality show audience. We need someone to cater to us. When Star One started in late 2004, it started like a channel for us but now all they show are families and collage romance. SONY needs to do what StarOne did then. We need options to the family soaps something episodic like Rishtey, or something like Sidhhant, something out of the box. It may take time to rise in terms of TRPs but SONY already has it low. If some time is invested SONY can do it if they want to.

Edited by prabha. - 05 September 2010 at 11:22pm

DemonStarzerry123Chiinnu

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
baat paki is the utter disaster...they bring in kashmera sha now...that soap will dissolve soon.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

My guess is that it will run for a few more months. From what I see it is being liked and is not a total washout like Pita.

Edited by prabha. - 05 September 2010 at 11:25pm

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
I think of the other entertainment channels out there, Sony definitely seems to be the more innovative one with a greater variety. Like already mentioned, most of the stuff I see on the other channels are soaps, college romance stuff and singing/dance reality shows. Sony actually comes up with some innovative concepts like the YRF shows Seven and Powder, and of course CID is undoubtedly a real classic on Indian TV. But the problem is that they don't really handle these concepts well, the planning is rather in short-term and often the directing and scripts fall short of their potential. I think if the managers of Sony invest more time for careful planning of these things and make efficient long-term plans, the quality of the channel's shows could be improved a lot.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zerry123prabha.

zerry123

Goldie

zerry123

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Yeah, "Baat Pakki" actually is doing pretty well....

And totally agreed with you Prabha. Sony doesn't have any content! It is surviving purely on CID and reality shows....

But then, I feel if CID was aired on any other channel, we never would've got re-runs in the first place. Sony is the only channel that is jobless...no other channel has so many free slots.

I think those Yash Raj shows should start off again, but with better direction this time. Their ideas were really good, it's just that they weren't implemented well enough....

And definitely yeah, Star one started out on a very good note. Wish they had continued it that way. But guess that didn't work out for them TRP wise. The only one that worked really well for their pockets was "Remix" (which I never liked and can't understand why it got so popular...no offence "Remix" fans) and hence they decided to more shows of that genre leaving behind every other genre. Now everytime someone is talking about Star one, they call it the "Love Stories Channel"....

DemonStarprabha.-purnima-

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
@Zerry123 I am very happy CID is on SONY, I would never want a change in channel, even though I am very critical about them.

Originally posted by DemonStar

Sony actually comes up with some innovative concepts like the YRF shows Seven and Powder, and of course CID is undoubtedly a real classic on Indian TV. But the problem is that they don't really handle these concepts well, the planning is rather in short-term and often the directing and scripts fall short of their potential. I think if the managers of Sony invest more time for careful planning of these things and make efficient long-term plans, the quality of the channel's shows could be improved a lot.

Apart from that they are horribly wrong in their scheduling [assigning slots]. For example, when YRF shows did not really work in the weekend slot what did they do? Push them to 11:00 PM slot on Weekdays. Result, the audience they already had was also lost too due to bad timings. Bad Decision. These same shows if aired in the 8:30 or 9:00 PM slot would have worked so much better. We would have options to daily soaps. Look at what they are doing with Aahat. Even the programs they have in hand they mess it up while scheduling. The entire scheduling needs a re-look.

Edited by prabha. - 05 September 2010 at 11:51pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarzerry123

Post Reply New Post

Go to top