Debate Mansion

Maoist problem - Should Government bow down? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 September 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

^ there is one teeny weeny mistake here...the Naxalites are not terrorists. Even the Government of India stops short of calling them that.EmbarrassedLOL

Thanks for the clarification. I understand they are not recognized as terrorists. IMHO though, any group that uses violence and coercion against the democratic process is engaging in terrorism. Terrorism can be domestic or international, from within or from outside. No matter how noble or explicable a cause - resorting to violent threats and tactics that breaks peace is nothing short of terror.

Politically and economically I am pro-social justice and empathize with the root cause of what the Naxalites represent and what they aim to achieve. I don't support their far left extreme way of thinking, but I recognize the fact that these people come from impoverished backdrops and are just trying to push their ideology. However, I think their methodology of violence is all wrong and they need to step back and rethink what their ideology is. I don't think it is worth disrupting democracy and negatively affecting lives of innocents.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maoist problem - Should Government bow down? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 06 September 2010 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think many people outside of India are not much informed about the Maoist movement, the issues caused by them in India, their actions and demands. It is not something covered by media here, so even I do not know much.

However, in my earnest opinion - no the government should not bow down to the Maoist. In general I am of the opinion governments etc should not be negotiating, interacting, dealing with terrorists of this sort. These terrorist elements always take advantage of governments and manipulating things to their advantage. The day governments put a foot down and refuse to budge even an mm for these anti-social elements then they will lose all leverage they can use to their advantage.

Cops and armies often put a lot of effort and risk lives in capturing terrorists and criminals. It is heartbreaking to release them and make efforts go in vain. I empathize with families of captured people, and their desire to see their loved ones free. I think any of us would do anything to free our loved ones if they were in trouble. But in these situations we have to think of the long term good of our country.

That being said the military and special forces often have strategic negotiators and trained personnel for dealing with such situations. With the right intelligence negotiations can take place, release the innocents, but at the same time have a larger plan in action to get back at the terrorists. If we have larger plans for greater good then deals can take place. But simply bending over is not a viable option.

^ there is one teeny weeny mistake here...the Naxalites are not terrorists. Even the Government of India stops short of calling them that.EmbarrassedLOL

IMO anyone using violent terror tactics on civilians as a mean to further their cause (in this case gaining power), is a terrorist.
Just because the Indian govt. haven't termed them as terrorists yet, doesn't mean that they cannot be actually terrorists.
I'll say, they perfectly fit the definition of terrorists.

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 1:42am | IP Logged
^^ the real terrorists, in that light, should be the West Bengal state and police machinery, that have for decades been sucking the life out of innocent tribals by their leech-like corruption. You should take a trip around to the areas of East medinipur and bankura...the corruption there is spine-chilling and sickening to the core.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 1:44am | IP Logged
When I saw this topic I told myself that Krstal ji would love it.
sure enough !LOL

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Really? Ah the dada ji gets the crystal ball right! LOL

Why did you hink that though?

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Really? Ah the dada ji gets the crystal ball right! LOL

Why did you think that though?
krystal_watz

Your avi shows you are all ready to kick the Maoists out of the country.
None is worse then the terrorists ,especially from other countries.

RUSmart

RUSmart

Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
The Naxals are to the Govt. as Govt is to the Naxals. Why in the first place they have turned outlaws? It is because of mass injustice being inflicted on innocent people. Secondly the political leaders (whosoever) do not have the time to know who is Yadav or any other policeman. For them it is just send some compensation to the families of the Policemen killed. If the Govt. had been correct then there would have been no Naxals at all. When I say Govt. it means the local govt. and also the local panchayats and the local Zamindars (WHO ARE THE INITIAL CULPRITS WHO HAVE ENCOURAGED THE NAXAL MOVEMENT YEARS AGO). Right now the Govt. and the Naxals have a nice game to play for long as the leaders we have are totally incompetent and useless and everytime there is a hue and cry from any part of the country they are too late in responding. The Prime MInister gets away by saying he is not an Astrologer(how stupid). And if this is the attitude of the Prime Minister we can imagine what sort of attitude the others must be having. GOD SAVE INDIA.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top