Debate Mansion

Maoist problem - Should Government bow down?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

*Devanshi*

IF-Rockerz

*Devanshi*

Posted: 03 September 2010 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
We all know the rising problem of naxals in many states of the country and recent demand of maoists to exchange the captured policemen with the arrested maoists has raised many questions infront of the nation.

Is it right of Bihar Government of not bowing down to the demand of Maoists of releasing their 8 men in exchange of 4 policemen or should the government give in and encourage naxals?

Also, isn't it high time for the military involvement at this stage when things are going out of control?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maoist problem - Should Government bow down?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Wanted a healthy discussion on this topic but reluctant to start a thread. Thanks.

No, Govt can't negotiate with terrorists/naxals/ Any way a bill passed in the parliament will prevent any negotiation with terrorists even if politicians want to. But here we are talking about naxals.

There is ample evidence that they are getting funds from intell agencies of neighbouring countries. This is another proxy war going on but initiated by hapless tribals who have nothing to lose.

Naxals have adopted the strategy used by Taliban, bow down to them and they go after demoralized police force with vengeance. Use same strategy over and over,

Army is not needed. In Andhra P (AP), state police raised GREYHOUND unit which was a special force developed to tackle naxals and they have been very successful. AP is indebted to them.

Army is not maintaining internal security. What we need is Govt of India talking in one language. What to expect when a naxal is sharing dias with Rahul Gandhi Orrisa), another (ringleader) is sharing dias with Mamta Banerjee (Lalgarh, WB)..!!

The problem is that life of police men is considered very cheap by our country, if we cared for them GoI would empower RAW immediately with Drones to go after Maoists.

The four policemen who were kidnapped are Rupesh Kumar Sinha, Lokus Tete, Mohammad Ehsaan and Yadav.

Rupesh Kumar Sinha is a resident of Bettiah in Bihar. He is the only son of his parents and the sole bread winner of his family. He is a trainee Sub Inspector with Bihar Police. Tete is a Hawaldar with the Bihar Military Police and hails from Koleibera in Jharkhand's Simdega district.

Hawaldar Mohammad Ehsaan is a father of four children and hails from Goregaon village in Jharkhand. Yadav's wife and daughter live in Patna.

What is heartbreaking is ArunDHOTI Roy & Co supporting anti nationals in the name of human rights but keeping mum when jawans get killed.

RIP my dear Jawans, we will avenge your death..!!

Edited by Indradhanush - 04 September 2010 at 12:46am

*Devanshi*

IF-Rockerz

*Devanshi*

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Thanks for the informative description..

One of the four men is already dead and search is on for other policemen but nothing is out clear so far. It is painful to see a leader like Nitish Kumar acting helpless and making insensitive statements at such point of time.

Today, states abundant with natural resources are in the grip of naxals and the situation is worsening day by day.

Centre tells it is the responsibility of the state government and state government does vice-versa. In all n all, the people who are going to suffer are jawans and common man.

What happened in Dantewada is not unknown to the world but still government is sleeping or rather wants to sleep. I believe, if the government wants to than they can stop naxalism. What started as a rebel against government has now become a burning issue for the nation. Don't know why does government not act efficiently even after getting intelligence reports.

About so-called Human Rights activists like Arundhati Roy and others, they should be not taken seriously. If one starts listening to them than nation would keep lagging behind in all aspects and become a land of criminals.

Even Mamta Banarjee's outlook that maoists should be treated with liberty is out of the box. Earlier, the cause of maoists was different but now it is clear that they just want blood-shed which is being directed by international forces. Inspite of knowing all this politicians maintain that they should not treated harshly is bullshit.

Be it talks or violence it is high time that naxals should be stopped otherwise future of the nation is in danger.

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 9:32am | IP Logged
arundhati roys comments made me sick.

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 11:36am | IP Logged
And as we discuss Nitish (CM Bihar) already has promised safe passage to Maoists if they release policemen...Dead

This short sighted fire fighting skills are only going to end in disaster.

Even if I had to release the naxals I would insert radio tracker in their body and use this as opportunity to reach their base.

*Devanshi*

IF-Rockerz

*Devanshi*

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Indradhanush

And as we discuss Nitish (CM Bihar) already has promised safe passage to Maoists if they release policemen...Dead

This short sighted fire fighting skills are only going to end in disaster.

Even if I had to release the naxals I would insert radio tracker in their body and use this as opportunity to reach their base.

The step by Nitish was inapt and if he had to do this than why did he wait till one men was killed. Clearly, it is a win-win situation for Naxals and once again it is proved that Govt is incapable of dealing with this problem. As you said, this will result in a disaster.

Wish we had strong minded people in government to deal with such issues.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 September 2010 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
I think many people outside of India are not much informed about the Maoist movement, the issues caused by them in India, their actions and demands. It is not something covered by media here, so even I do not know much.

However, in my earnest opinion - no the government should not bow down to the Maoist. In general I am of the opinion governments etc should not be negotiating, interacting, dealing with terrorists of this sort. These terrorist elements always take advantage of governments and manipulating things to their advantage. The day governments put a foot down and refuse to budge even an mm for these anti-social elements then they will lose all leverage they can use to their advantage.

Cops and armies often put a lot of effort and risk lives in capturing terrorists and criminals. It is heartbreaking to release them and make efforts go in vain. I empathize with families of captured people, and their desire to see their loved ones free. I think any of us would do anything to free our loved ones if they were in trouble. But in these situations we have to think of the long term good of our country.

That being said the military and special forces often have strategic negotiators and trained personnel for dealing with such situations. With the right intelligence negotiations can take place, release the innocents, but at the same time have a larger plan in action to get back at the terrorists. If we have larger plans for greater good then deals can take place. But simply bending over is not a viable option.

Abhilasha1980

Groupbie

Abhilasha1980

Posted: 05 September 2010 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Sorry mistake

Edited by Abhilasha1980 - 05 September 2010 at 6:19am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top