Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Right Nikila akka. That's the same thing I wanted to say. It may have been possible 40 years back when arranged marriages were the norm and girls weren't even allowed to see the guy before the actual wedding. But right now, things have changed. If you're engaged to a person, its only natural that you'll wanna find out more about him. And Charu may be right from her POV, but she doesn't even seem to realise that he's feeling disturbed everytime he's around her.. face a paathale theridhu.. she didnt even ask him a word on why he's sooo depressed and what's bothering him...

My mum's friend's daughter recently got engaged to a guy from the US (it was an arranged one by both the families) and within a week's time she found out that he was having an affair with another girl cos she found a pic of them making out in his wallet. She asked him about it and he denied everything initially but confessed when she interrogated him further that he only agreed cos of his parents pressure. The guy's parents had absolutely no idea about his affair etc! She was thanking god that she knew all abt this before the wedding and immed called it off and right now she's v happy. Now, what would have happened if she trusted the guy completely and insisted that she'll only marry him since she's already engaged?? She was about to dig her own grave but saved her pride cos of her timely intervention.

Anything is possible in today's world. Things like 'break up' and 'divorce' are becoming soo common so its better to play safe and get to know the person well, before putting your foot in, rather than just blindly trusting his re-assurance like Ranu said. 😊
Edited by khpriya - 13 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for the wonderful update, TheivaπŸ‘πŸΌ

I somehow expected TA to speak up and mention she emotional forced him etc..but none of that happened.

I only felt bad for Charus dad when he hit himself with the chappals poor man tried his best to convince his daughter but went ahead with it by compromising but what he thought happend.

Regarding the debate about Charu being naive and not doubtful, agreed on it but any girl who gets engaged will start to have hopes and dreams about her would be hubby, i think she even tried to get known to him like that cafe scene etc He never called her but he indirectly lead into the darkness..he is a jolly type and cracks jokes..but he could have for once been serious and opened up..exp like that day when she took him to that orphanage and told him about her past...he had the chance to tell her about his one side love (since thuls didn't love him during that time) but he didn't.

He had his chances but didn't use that and when he wanted, he never got the chance:(

It was pathetic to see TAs mother thaalaimuzhukufies him..anger closed her eyes..she has never tried to understand her kids, so she is a good example on how parents shouldn't beπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Padma got it rightly served from MMπŸ˜† Good of him to play that its my house cardπŸ˜†

SweetyGreen thumbnail
as theiva said in the update (next shock is for Aanandh and then for Velayudham, can't wait to see how he would react to this) its gonna be true as the new promo too was like tat...
Ranu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aahaana

I somehow expected TA to speak up and mention she emotional forced him etc..but none of that happened.

If he did say Thuls forced him to, then it would be like TA was saying he didn't want to marry Thuls and we all viewers know how untrue that is. πŸ˜† He melted and melted and melted during the maalai exchange and even when he was tying the thaali, he looked like he just won a billion dollars. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Arizes. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@ranu -  i think aahana was talking about the emotional blackmail TA's mom did to him to marry charu..........he could have told her that as a reason for him to accept for engagement......that would have been a good chance for her to understand her son and he could have explained the reason why he married thulz if she really had any ears to hear him..........particularly she was reason for the marriage.............she shd not have humiliated a girl this way whom she had never seen before.......

am i right aahana.........
sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yea I think Meli was referring to how his mum blackmailed him to marry Charu. He cud have easily opened up and justified himself! and he cud have also told Charu's dad that he wanted to confess when he met her 2 hrs earlier but she didn't allow him to speak so he couldn't do anything!! I also expected him to say all this but I dun think they wd have listened to his stories, in the situation they were in... sigh! πŸ˜”
Edited by khpriya - 13 years ago
rselvi thumbnail
Yes, i agreed that TA's mom is main reason thulasi changed her mind to married thamizh after ashamed her front of her collegues.

The way TA's mom acted its really bad & shame until she can humiliated a poor girl this way & tries take off her thaali from neck. I think TA should shame that he's mother can behaviour such badly.

Anyway hats-up to thulasi & thamizh superb acting and stand patiently in front of this woman to see how TA's mom will re-act after they got married.

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

@Subbali and Priya - Yes, I meant TAs motherπŸ˜† That woman is used to get stuff done on her way by suing that emo card😑 I hoped TA for once will scream or burst out she was the root of fiasco but he didn't

@RSelvi - welcome to Thendral forum and have a great time. Feel free to join in our discussionsπŸ˜›

ya me too thought ta and thulasi was not happy for this marriage.But deep lovers naa what to do they both melted seeing each other and the expression of tamizh when he was abt to tie thali and thulasi expression when he applied kumkum is fantastic😳
Theiva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Rselvi:

Welcome to Thendral forum and participate in our discussion and enjoy Thendral with us πŸ˜ƒ.