Through Thick and Thin- MN OS

Posted: 13 years ago

Hello it's me 😆

Back with my terrible oneshots 😆
Anyways, it the whole science scene where Mayank high-fives Nupur actually did happen with me a few days ago, which is where the idea of the story came from. I don't know if it good or not, you guys will be the judge of that

Now before I start, I got the idea based on my own brain (which clearly malfuntions at times 🤣 ) but I go on websites like sixbillionsecrets.com and givesmehope.com and lovegivesmehope.com. It's these websites where I get inspiration from, and whatever is on there has happened with people in real life while mine is a made up story.

Confused? Well if you read my one-shot, then you'll understand

I knew everyone, and everyone knew me. I kind of dreaded that. It wasn't that it was a bad thing, I mean one thing I have learned from my sister was that if you are social, and you will be more successful in life. She's in Pre-Med right now and every time I go with her somewhere, be it the mall or a restaurant; she meets someone she knows there. Let me get to the point, I like people knowing me but I hate it whenever someone talks about me.

I was friends with a lot of popular people, but never part of the popular group. To be honest here, I don't want to be in it. Again, everyone talks about popular people and I hate people talking about me. Also, there's too much drama with popular people. "OMG! They broke up?!?! Again?!?!" First off, we're in 11th grade, it's not like we're going to marry the first guy we ever date. Second off, why cry about it? Things like these just make me gag.

Want to know what also makes me gag? Love stories. I absolutely hate them! And when I mean love stories, I mean like real life love. It just makes me want to puke. Seeing lovey-dovey people just makes me want to punch them. I mean, really? How can you be like that? I remember looking at text messages that say "Aww my poor baby" when the guy sprained his knee. Urg. Do you get what I mean? I hope you do.

I'm done with my introduction. Oh wait, I forgot; my name is Nupur. Now don't start thinking "Oh she's Indian, she must love love stories" I don't for your kind information. I hate some of them. I hate the typical hate each other, then fall in love, then parents go against them and well, you know the rest.

I've been going through a lot these past 8 months. My parents divorced their 23 year marriage. My best friend is in a coma after a major car accident, and all I want now is peace. People would know how I felt if they have gone through this stuff. I doubt you do too. But there's one thing that always gave me peace, and that would be music. I have a piano at both of my houses (I live with my dad on the weekends and my mom during schooldays) so I play it a lot. I don't take any classes because I think they make no sense to me. But music was the only thing that made me go through each day.

I also love to dance, but I can't ever put myself in public. That's why I don't take classes. I learn most of my steps through Dance India Dance and Dancing with the Stars, my two favorite dancing shows in the world. There would be nights where I would just dance my heart out. It helps you to burn calories so I feel better about myself whenever I dance. Maybe it was just because the way I loved music, I loved dance.

School: one of the most fun, yet hardest places for me. I was a Straight-A student, so getting a B would be unacceptable. There's one thing that my parents both agree on, and that is "If you don't get an A, don't expect me to let you get away with it" Of course they agree on this, but nothing else. I loved many of my classes, just the people in there made the whole "study all the time" atmosphere better. I was a person who loved to laugh. And my laugh (I think) is sweet and not one of those annoying ones. I've been told that I have a pretty smile. Funny thing is, I've never had braces before, or ever had to whiten my teeth. I guess I had those perfect teeth everyone dreams for.

I should really get to the story now shouldn't I? Well it started in my science class.

I take Biology right now. Agree, it's a pretty easy class so I don't do much in it. But I have the best people in my class. Let me tell you one thing, I didn't have many of my close friends in my class, only one. And that was my best friend Katie. Of course, the teachers won't let us sit wherever we want so we have assigned seats and change every 3 weeks. Sometimes I was happy, and other times I was angry that it was only 3 weeks. Only once or twice have I ever sat by Katie. But knowing me, I managed to get along with almost everyone in the class. And then along came Mayank.

Mayank was this popular guy, and he loved to make fun of everyone in the whole class. I was okay friends with him. Not too close, not too far. It was pretty much how I was with a lot of the popular guys in my grade. Of course, he's a moron at times. But I knew that mainly he just wanted to have fun and enjoy life.

Now don't think I have a crush on him. Oh please! Him and me? It's like the South Pole and the North Pole. Of course, both of those Poles have similarities. Like him, I loved to just chill and have fun at times. But still, I think he's a jerk at times.

Let's get back to the story, I'm known for going off topic easily. Just something I do all the time in classes ;)

So today, the teacher, Miss Smith, told us all to stand up and lean against the wall. We knew what was coming up: new assigned seats.

Miss Smith says "Okay guys, at this table will be Sue, Brad, and Katie."

I wave a bye-bye to Katie as this time, we weren't sitting by each other, but our tables were right next to each other.

"And at this table will be Jackie, Jacqueline, and Jack"

In my head I thought "Whoa, they all have J-A-C-."

"And at this table will be Mayank, Nupur, Jenny, and Jake"

Then Mayank goes "Yeah Nupur!!" and he high-fives me. Of course, he was joking around, so I just smiled at him.

After announcing all the tables, Miss Smith said "Now don't get upset about this. Also I remember one time.."

"Oh no, another story? Well at least it will waste more time in class." I thought in my head. Miss Smith continues "I remember 3 or 4 years ago, one of my students got really mad at me because her boyfriend was sitting right by her enemy. Of course, I'm a teacher, I don't know this stuff, so don't be getting angry on me if your enemy sits by your boyfriend or if you have to sit by your ex." Oh Miss Smith, I felt like she knew us all very well. She knows I'm the quiet (in classes only) girl and so she purposely puts me by the loudest guys in the class. Then, Mayank blurts out loud enough that the table next to me could hear it.

"Me and Nupur just broke up" He jokingly says. I just laughed, due to the fact that I don't take anyone seriously and nobody takes me seriously. Jake and Jenny started laughing too. Mayank continues "Nupur, I know you still have feelings but it just can't work out." This time, I was laughing really hard. Funny thing is, I know two girls that like Mayank. Just the whole thought of me going out with him just made me laugh. Considering the fact that one of those girls considers me as her "friend".

*_*_*

Days past by and I was enjoying my table. The only bad thing about it was that we did a lot of labs in the class. Of course, Mayank was clumsy. He tripped over someone who was lying on the floor to measure his height and arm span. At that time, I was just walking in and saw that. Let me just tell you that it was not something everyone wants to see. Let's just say, it looked, wrong.

So I always had to be careful when we used chemicals. Jenny and I always told Jake and Mayank to stay away and just observe. No way are we going to have the whole classroom explode due to two stupid idiots.

Then the day where Mayank found out came.

So that day we had finished our lab and were tired and exhausted. Miss Smith lets us sit down and talk for a while as there was only 4 minutes of class left. The whole day before class, Mayank was writing on people's arms. Then he asked to write on mine.

"Can I write on your arm?" he asked.

"No, you can't" I immediately replied.

"Please!!!"

"No Mayank!"

"It's not like it's going to be that much"

"Still, no"

This was Mayank, he wasn't going to let go of me that easily. He grabbed my right arm, I was getting worried now. He looks at my bracelet and I knew what was coming ahead.

I wore this bracelet all the time on my right arm that took up half an inch of my wrist. I wore it every day, and never took it off.

Mayank was about to take off my bracelet when I yelled out "Mayank don't take off my bracelet"

"Don't worry, you can put it on right after I am done" Mayank replied and he takes my bracelet and I knew what was going to happen next.

He saw a line that went through my veins. He looked at me, and to my luck, the bell rang.

From here on out, it will be from Mayank's point of view.

The bell rang the minute I realized what Nupur had tried to do: she attempted suicide. I wanted to talk to her, but she ran away with her bracelet. It took a minute to get everything processed in my head. Nupur tried to commit suicide but why? I have known Nupur for too long and I couldn't even imagine in my worst nightmare that she would do that.

I ran out the room, in search for Nupur. But I knew that she had already left because she didn't want to face me. I went to find Katie. I saw her at her locker. I ran up to where she was.

"Katie!" I yelled and I could tell that Katie freaked out when she heard me yell her name

"Oh my gosh Mayank, you gave me a mini heart attack," she exclaimed

"Sorry but this is something important"

"What Mayank?"

"What's Nupur's address?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"Because"

"Because why?"

"Actually I have a project with her and she told me to come over to her house to work on it but I don't see her anywhere around so I thought of asking you."

Katie was confused, I could tell by her face. Sighing, she said "She'll probably be at her dad's house since it is Friday so here." She wrote down Nupur's address and gave it to me.

"Thanks" I said and ran off to my next class. In the middle, I stopped. "Wait, Dad's?" then I realized why she attempted it, her parents getting divorced.

Throughout the rest of the day, I couldn't keep my head straight. Nupur attempting the suicide was too overwhelming to me and I just couldn't handle it. I decided that I will go to her house tonight and ask her about this.

It was the end of the day and that was the only time I saw Nupur. The moment she saw me, she slammed her locker, picked up her backpack, and rushed out of the locker area. I didn't try to chase her as I knew that she was going to run away anyways.

*_*_*

It was 6:30; I rang on her door bell and waited. I could hear footsteps coming down from the stairs. I was hoping that none of her parents open the door because it would be really awkward. I saw Nupur opening the door. Her face fell.

"What are you doing here?" She asked

"I need to talk to you, right now" I said

"I know what you want to talk about, come in" she said as she opened the door gesturing me to come in. I walked in and noticed how the photos on the walls were of hers and her dad's.

We both sat down on the sofa. There was a moment of silence between us before she started speaking.

"Listen, my parents were getting divorced a few months ago and my best friend, Diya, had gotten into a terrible car accident and is still in a coma right now. I was just getting sick of everything and I don't know what I was doing. The moment I cut myself, my dad came in and took me to the hospital. The wound wasn't that deep so I was able to survive. For the next two months, I took psychology classes and I realized that I'm only hurting myself if I die. I gained my self-confident and courage back and my parents trusted me again. Of course, the scar on my wrist was never going to go away so that's why I wore that bracelet all the time. I'm sorry; I shouldn't have run away like that."

I could tell that she didn't mind when she was talking. She was pretty calm. I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey don't worry, you have everyone and there are so many people out there who love you and care about you. And as far as I know, you were always that cheerful person, so always stay like that. Okay?"

Nupur smiled and nodded.

"I have a question" I said

"Sure what?"

"Who's Diya?"

Nupur smiled "She's my best friend. She went to our middle school, but then went to the high school that's newer."

"What happened?"

"Well she was driving and this one truck driver was drunk and slammed her car to the side, which made her flip and crash onto the light pole and the light pole fell onto the car."

I was shocked when I heard Nupur say that. How can all this happen to someone?

"Nupur, she's in a coma right? Then there is that ray of hope still there! She's going to be fine okay? Don't take this to your head" I hesitantly said, unaware of what Nupur would say next.

"I know Mayank, and hopefully, she will survive," she said smiling.

"So, if you don't mind, can you tell me more about her?" I asked

"Yeah"

Nupur went on and on about Diya, she showed me pictures of her and Diya together. There wasn't one second where Nupur wasn't smiling. She told me all the inside jokes they had between them. By the time she was finished, it was 8 o'clock.

"I should better get leaving, and don't worry I won't tell anyone about this" I winked as I said the last few last words.

"Okay" She walked with me to the door and while I was about to get in my car I heard her yell out "Mayank!" and she comes running to me.

"What? And be careful! You're barefooted!" I said

"Thanks Mayank, you were truly someone who understood me. Thank you" Nupur said smiling. I kissed her on the cheek and drove off.

And today, we are celebrating our 1 year anniversary.

Okay so something that really did happen with me in this was when we got assigned seats in Science the other day, and unfortunately, I am sitting by a really annoying, yet funny guy. He's an okay friend of mine but nothing else it true.

Also, I tend to go on the side of non-love, I know the ending might have suprised you but I like stories that aren't always about love. (Kanky and I agree on this 😆) So I want you guys to experience something other than love-love all the time.

And this is dedicated to Lina, who's birthday just passed by, Happy Birthday Sweetie, this is for you.
Edited by dmgmjht4ever - 13 years ago
 brilliant os yaar
i truly had a mixed emotion tym while reading it
luv
Fiza
lovely OS dear
thanks 4 d pm
hey frd!
its a lovely os, do write more and plz pm me when ever u update again.

love
komal ❤️ Edited by komal991 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by mayurian-artian

brilliant os yaar
i truly had a mixed emotion tym while reading it
luv
Fiza
thank you!
Originally posted by samiralovemayur

lovely OS dear
thanks 4 d pm
thank you!
Originally posted by komal991

hey frd!
its a lovely os, do write more and plz pm me when ever u update again.

love
komal ❤️
thanks!!!
very sweet os dear...loved it..............