Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

There is no sexuality in TND-Dia Mirza

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 21 September 2004 at 3:03am | IP Logged
"There is no sexuality in Tumsa Nahin Dekha" - Dia Mirza

By IndiaFM News Bureau, September 21st, 2004 - 0930 hrs IST

"There is no sexuality in Tumsa Nahin Dekha" - Dia Mirza She made a promising debut in Rehna Hai Terre Dil Mein, but her career didn't take a flying start. But that hasn't dulled the smile from this gorgeous face. With a string of exciting films in her kitty, Dia Mirza is smiling her way back into Bollywood boulevard.

In an interview with IndiaFM, she talks about her character of Jia, a bar dancer in the Mahesh Bhatt film Tumsa Nahin Dekha co-starring old friend, Emraan Hashmi.

The last we saw of you was in Tehzeeb. Dia fans want to know where has she been?
Have been shooting for 6-7 films. It's been hectic. All these films will now release back-to-back.

Looking at you, one can safely say that the title Tumsa Nahin Dekha is justified. Now give us the plot.
Tumsa Nahin Dekha is a clean romantic film. It has its moments. You can classify it as a romantic comedy. Its by far been the most beautifully shot film that I have worked in. And Maheshji is an absolute pleasure to work with.

What is the character of Jia like?
Jia is an independent, headstrong girl. To that extend, she isn't the typical Bollywood vulnerable woman who's longing for someone to rescue her. Pitched against challenges, she fights her battles.

The promos have a smooch sequence and media has been quick to tag it as a publicity stunt. We want to know from the people themselves.
A smooch is when two people connect. But in the shot, I don't respond to Emraan's kiss. There is no overt sexuality present in the film either. So people expecting Murder part II are going to be disappointed. It's a simple sweet film for families to go and enjoy.

'Mujhe Tumse Mohabbat Hain' is a bar number. Is it crucial to the script or yet another item number in the current phase?
I play a bar girl in the film and that's the reason for the song. It hasn't been intentionally planted. A part of the script, it flows with it.

How was it working on it?
Oh, it was tough. There is a heavy-duty dancing and choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant got me to do extensive rehearsals. But I am happy with the output; it is energetic as well as aesthetically strong.

You have been friends with Emraan for a long time. So, working must have been fun…
Absolutely. There's this comfort zone present, which is wonderful. It makes work a lot easier.

Tell us one thing about Emraan not many know
Ha! Emmie is the laziest person I have ever known. But switch on the camera and he's a different person. Energetic, charming, he simply shocks me! Working with him was fabulous.

Forthcoming releases…
I have a load of releases piled. There's Blackmail, Dil Sacha Chehra Jhoota, Prateeksha, Kabhi Bhi Kahi Bhi, Dus.

One film that you think has shaped up extremely well.
Has to be Tumsa Nahin Dekha. Hope it has a good release and a great run at the box office.

Are you game for some quick-ones?
Okay, lets go for it…

First thing that you do in the morning
I stretch, yawn and call for chai (tea)

Teachers pet or absolute terror
Teacher's pet

Your first crush
In school, I was in the 7th grade, and the guy was in 8th. I thought he was incredibly cute and everyday would secretly hope that he stood next to me in the assembly hall.

One thing that cracks you up totally
A good joke

Best compliment
Somebody once told me that my eyes can heal time. I thought that was very sweet.

Recurring Dream
…That I have this beautiful wooden cottage, 2 lovely children, a nice husband, and a gorgeous garden with lots of geese and chicks.

Worst Fear
Losing my mom

Funda about Life
Keep it simple and honest.

Funda about Love
Absolute essential

Funda about God
My best friend

One character you did like to sketch
My mother's portrait

If a movie were to be made what would you call it?
Hmm…don't really know. But I would love to make a movie some day and it sure would be beautiful and emotional.

What do you do between shots?
Sip water, listen to music, call friends and prepare for my next shot.

5 years from now…
I would have been married, opened a school and hopefully done some good cinema.

More on Tumsa Nahin Dekha

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top