Members Lounge

How to Get through University in One Piece

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

donutbroom

donutbroom

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
When i was in college, i was looking forward to getting into one of the best universities that i could think of. I sat for my ALevels and came out in flying colours, next thing i knew i was in my dream university up the North of England. I came from Africa so this was  something exciting for me. Should i say that was the beginning of my happy years, or should i say it was the beginning of nightmares that had been clawing behind me from years past.

My first day at uni was fantastic. I had both my parents show me around my new school, new city and best of all one of the biggest shopping malls in England.  I was really looking forward to the first day of school. Registration started the same day i arrived and i was quick enough to settle in just fine. Main lectures commenced 2 weeks after i was quick to realize that there was only one other African girl in my class out of over 300 students who studied the same course as myself. I was not too bothered until it was apparent that non of the other students spoke to me or wanted to relate with me. I am ordinarily very friendly, but no matter how hard i tried nothing seemed to help, and i felt like an outcast. The other black lady i tried being friendly with actually seemed to be the worst because even though she had the British accent, she told me specifically to leave her alone as she didn't want any more friends. I felt like a loner. Lost and Lonely in this Big Strange World.

STORY CONTINUES IN SERIES 2.

To find out how to get through university in one piece, a social community has been set up online for people who may be feeling down. Simply log on and share ideas and stories with each other. Its FREE! Plz share and repost this message,we could be helping millions of people get through uni.

Website is  UniversityCube . com

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How to Get through University in One Piece" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top