Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

soapbubble

IF-Dazzler

soapbubble

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:55am | IP Logged
This is a reaction to SEVERAL posts on this forum by various people.

Mostly the idea that is floating about is this: Johnny-come-lately Aman Mathur has placed a proposal in front of the Saxenas and they are now about to accept him happily where as when our own dear beloved Krishna went to them with the shaadi ka prastav they were rude and turned him down. Therefore the Saxenas, people are saying, are HYPOCRITES.

I justwanted to make the point that in fact this makes them the opposite of hypocrites. Dictionary definitions of hypocricy include:

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

Hypocrisy is Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.

So, you see, the Saxenas who hold education, refined decent behaviour and middle class morality as their values are NOT being hypocrites in rejecting Krishna and accepting Aman. They are being honest to what they believe their values are.

NOTE: This is a purely academic point that I am making and does not indicate my vitriolic hatred of Krishna or my unthinking insane defence of the Saxenas. I am a viewer who likes Krishna, likes PRatigya, finds the Thakurs entertaining and the Saxenas interesting. Just - it's driving me up the wall to see so many bandy that word about loosely... soTongue
Bubble 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

meeragbirju4babygoham1000tara_211Love_MehakLove-u-all...Binny...-Antu-_-Aslan-geesnisha2010

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "That word - 'Hypocrisy'" in Pratigya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nisha2010

IF-Sizzlerz

nisha2010

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:57am | IP Logged
agree.................. Thumbs Up

gees

IF-Rockerz

gees

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapbubble

Mostly the idea that is floating about is this: Johnny-come-lately Aman Mathur has placed a proposal in front of the Saxenas and they are now about to accept him happily where as when our own dear beloved Krishna went to them with the shaadi ka prastav they were rude and turned him down. Therefore the Saxenas, people are saying, are HYPOCRITES.

I justwanted to make the point that in fact this makes them the opposite of hypocrites. Dictionary definitions of hypocricy include:

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

Hypocrisy is Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.

So, you see, the Saxenas who hold education, refined decent behaviour and middle class morality as their values are NOT being hypocrites in rejecting Krishna and accepting Aman. They are being honest to what they believe their values are.

NOTE: This is a purely academic point that I am making and does not indicate my vitriolic hatred of Krishna or my unthinking insane defence of the Saxenas. I am a viewer who likes Krishna, likes PRatigya, finds the Thakurs entertaining and the Saxenas interesting. Just - it's driving me up the wall to see so many bandy that word about loosely... soTongue
Bubble 
well said but they r still hypocrites--maybe wid a difference !!!LOLas you said they r honest to the values they believe they have !!!! that doesnt  necesarily mean they hve it as per others judgement!ROFL

Edited by gees - 23 August 2010 at 8:12am

soapbubble

IF-Dazzler

soapbubble

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gees

Bubble 
well said but they r still hypocrites--maybe wid a difference !!!LOLas you said they r honest to the values they believe they have !!!! that doesnt  necesarily mean they hve it as per others judgement!ROFL

ConfusedSo basically: you don't agree with their values so THEY're hypocrites? LOLROFL
That logic leaks WinkROFL
Bubble

gees

IF-Rockerz

gees

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:20am | IP Logged
let it leak !! Clap let it oozz !!!! but they think they hve those values wen they dont -- !!!!!ROFL

Edited by gees - 23 August 2010 at 8:25am

MonyP

IF-Rockerz

MonyP

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gees

Bubble 
You are right !!! and they forgrt those values or whatever it is, very  very conveniently and feel proud about it.  It's so irritating when they repeat especially Mr sacksena and his laadli beti  " ye galat hai. Ye sahi nahi hai. Hum galat nahi hai etc" Confused.
sorry for butting in, but couldn't stop myself.Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gees

Love-u-all

IF-Rockerz

Love-u-all

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Hey Bubble thanks Smile

Some times the hardest things and the right things are the same. Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves but the injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales. Confused

Applies to both Sax and Thakurs -- Is that hypocrisy ? LOL

Edited by SAM2U - 23 August 2010 at 8:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gees

gees

IF-Rockerz

gees

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAM2U

Hey Bubble thanks Smile

Some times the hardest things and the right things are the same. Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves but the injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales. Confused

beautifully saidClap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top