Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

We Are Family - ALL Movie Reviews -- Critics Review Pg8 (Page 42)

Post Reply New Post

Page 42 of 42

Page 1 Page 41
Page   of 42

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

Finally watched it!! Wept like a baby.. Very subtle, real, sensitive.. I bashed Kjo and his cinema earlier.. but I thought the issues were handled very practically.. the movie was pretty straightfoward.. I personally didn't see any gimickery or OTT cheesy dialogues.. i thought the dialogues were very mature,  loved the direction too.. it was very mature.. Bebo's scene earlier with kids reminded me of mr india and hum hai rahi pyaar ke.. in hhrpk juhi's interaction with kids was sweet.. and all the kids and the issues also reminded me of my fav show "full house" with john stamos... as uncle jessy.. when the eldest girl goes to taht party.. and shreya and maya go to get her.. it reminded me of an epi of full house.. and i loved that scene..there was cliched stuff.. but i thought it was shown in a nice way.. it wasn't that cheesy.. and wow the movie does have its share of emotional moments.. when you can't help but cry..And I liked Sidharth malhotra's direction.. its hard to direct emtional stuff and he did live upto kjo's repuation of churning out relatable emo stuff.. Kajol was absolutely fab in the movie.. nowhere did i think that she was OTT.. she was subtle.. and intense.. Kareena looked gorg.. and did well in emotional and light scenes.. very mature performance from her also.. arjun and the kids were also real in their performance.. Overall a very mature movie acc to me... it dealt with tough issues without being preachy or without trying too hard to be anything.. i thought....I don't think this movie was made to wow or anything.. it was just a very understated movie.. and the issues that were shown.. couldn't have been shown in any more practical way.. me thinks..

Edited by ladygaga - 12 September 2010 at 7:59pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AbbiePrivatebeboholicdesigal90

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "We Are Family - ALL Movie Reviews -- Critics Review Pg8 (Page 42)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

beboholic

IF-Sizzlerz

beboholic

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
I wept like a baby when i watched it too. Haven't cried for a bollywood film in a long long time like that. Last bollywood film I cried was in 2002, and that too I didn't cry as much as I cried during watching we are family. Such sad film, I just get too emotional when I see a mother dying and leaving her kids behind Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AbbiePrivateladygaga

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 12 September 2010 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Adios I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I really value your opinion Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

Post Reply New Post

Go to top